Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home1/strictly/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home1/strictly/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 991: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3778: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3779: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
Strictly European Autosport - View topic - Wasser Wagens: Alpha VAG only Car Show
It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:50 pm

Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ] 
Wasser Wagens: Alpha VAG only Car Show 

New post Wasser Wagens: Alpha VAG only Car Show

Wasser Wagens: alpha
water-cooled (-keold’)
adjective
- kept from overheating by having water circulated around or through it, as in pipes or a water jacket: a water-cooled engine
- yourdictionary.com

Water cooling is a method of heat removal from components and industrial equipment. As opposed to air cooling, water is used as the heat transmitter. Water cooling is commonly used for cooling internal combustion engines in automobiles and large industrial facilities such as steam electric power plants, hydroelectric generators, petroleum refineries and chemical plants. Other uses include cooling the barrels of machine guns, cooling of lubricant oil in pumps; for cooling purposes in heat exchangers; cooling products from tanks or columns, and recently, cooling of various major components inside high-end personal computers. The main mechanism for water cooling is convective heat transfer.

The advantages of using water cooling over air cooling include water’s higher specific heat capacity, density, and thermal conductivity. This allows water to transmit heat over greater distances with much less volumetric flow and reduced temperature difference.
- wikipedia.org

WASSER WAGENS: alpha (pronounced: /?va.s?/ “Vosser Vagens” or “Vhasser Vagens”)

What will hopefully be the first of many water-cooled VW and Audi centered shows, the local Austin watercooled scene would like to invite its brethren out to Austin VeeDub for an organized pow-wow. It’s been a while since we’ve officially gathered the troops, so lets see what can happen, and where we  can go!

Date:  Saturday, April 2nd, 2010

Location:  Austin VeeDub, Inc 1111 Old Bastrop Hwy. Austin, TX 78742

Time:  2:15 to 6:00

General Info:
- 65 spots for registered cars
- Multiple classes
- Awards and swag
- DJ
- Time to chill

Registration will be $5 with a chance to earn some prizes, bragging rights and maybe a little local love!

Email: ryanataustinveedubdotcom to register and for additional info!
More details pending!!! Stay tuned to http://www.austinveedub.com/?page_id=1258

Inviting all you Strictly folk to come on out! If you haven't been to Austin Veedub before, now would be a good time to see the one of the largest vw inventory junkyards in Texas! Be sure to register ASAP because parking is limited and we'll only have space for 65 show cars, and with Dallas, Houston, Austin, and now you guys in San Antonio, space is gonna fill up quick!

I'll be monitoring this thread, so feel free to post up with any questions.

Cort

Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:32 am
Profile YIM WWW

New post Re: Wasser Wagens: Alpha VAG only Car Show
This would be the perfect place for someone to bring their newly acquired VRT.

Just sayin....

Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:27 pm

Agreed, josh. Howeva.

Will be a great show to just come out to. 5 bucks and a gift bag c'mon now.

Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:04 am
Profile YIM WWW

5 bucks, this will be the easiest car show to talk my wife in to and a great time to see how the new caddy stacks up :cheers:

82 vw caddy 1.8 8v

Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:19 pm
Profile WWW

Ill see you dick there

82 vw caddy 1.8 8v

Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:40 pm
Profile WWW

This is tempting. We'll see

APR 93 Stage II + Pump Software, APR Fuel Pump, APR Exhaust, EVOMS Intake, 034 FMIC, 034 HFC, Stasis Street Sport Coilovers, OEM RS4 Rear Sway bar, Votex Front Spoilers, Votex Side Skirts Deval RS4 Rear Spoiler, ECS Blackout Grille 19" VMR 710's
RIP: 2005 A6 3.2 - Stratos Blue - Sport Package - 35% tint - ~120k miles - Hardwired V1 - Tinted Tails - No Mufflers :) -

Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:00 pm

Looks like my schedule will be open next weekend and I've decided to go. Anyone else going for sure?
Maybe we could caravan up there. I want to at least leave early to leave some time to detail the car that morning, or go the night before and see some friends and get up and do it in the morning.

Jimbo

Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:57 pm
Profile ICQ

i may go, unsure yet though

Sat Mar 26, 2011 3:35 pm
Profile YIM WWW

I'm going. I was planing on leaving in the morning. We could probably work something out.

82 vw caddy 1.8 8v

Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:25 pm
Profile WWW

I'm probably leaving in the 9am time frame. I am going by a couple of friends houses before I head over to do a final wash and detail.
I would like to roll into the site about 1pm. My cell is 210-415-6822. Today I am going to wash and wax, with some painting of rock chips. Toworrow, interior and well wheels. Friday will be the once over everything day. It may not have many exterior mods, but it will be clean.
Jimbo

Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:59 pm
Profile ICQ

registered and headed out saturday morning... anyone coming from up north want to roll together let me know.

Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:31 pm

I'm leaving at about 8:30 to meet some friends and go to Cisco's for breakfast before final cleanup. I should roll into the show about 1pm.
Jimbo

Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:18 pm
Profile ICQ

Just a quick shot, great little show with some real nice cars, I'll post some more pictures from the show, but look who won the Best Paint Trophy.....
Congratulations Steve, how's your Randon Orbital Polisher feeling this morning?

Jimbo

Last edited by Jimbo Roberts on Sun Apr 03, 2011 2:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:40 am
Profile ICQ

Well here's more of what I saw this weekend......

I went nuts cleaning up the R32 for the show. I think more out of the fact that it has not been throughly cleaned since last summer, but nonetheless I went over every part of the car. I started with the engine bay, took off the hood mat, cleaned the hood and everything inside.....
Of course I washed the exterior, touched up some of the paint chips, and waxed the car thorughly. I detailed the interior, and even cleaned all the wheel wells.....
Look Ma, Blue undercoat......

Well the morning of the show and wouldn't you know it, fog and drizzle all the way to Austin. Still I arrived early enough have have breakfast with some friends at Cisco's and get back to go over the exterior of the car before the show. I was finishing up detailing the rims and putting on the tire dressing..... Guess what? The last tire, the last thing to detail and what do I see?????
The sidewall is split bad !!! I ran over a piece from a semitire on the way to austin and this tire couldn't take it. So it's noon, the show starts at 2pm, and I need a new tire. Fortunately Discount Tire had my size in stock and the actual make and series of tire I needed.
It was the back tire, but I had them switch front for back and put the new tire on the front.
$177 dollars later and I was down the road and at the show by 2:15pm, A miracle!!!

Last edited by Jimbo Roberts on Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:25 am, edited 2 times in total.

Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:25 pm
Profile ICQ

So arriving at the Show at Austin VeeDub, some of us know it as the best VW junkyard in Texas. 60-65 cars were there for the show.
I checked in and my number was 35 and my space was reserved in the back.....
And man, wouldn't you know it, my car was one of 4 2004 R32s and a 2008 R32 already here !!!!! A show with 60-65 cars and there were already 5 R32s,
No make that 6 !!! with this tornado red one,..... 5 2004 R32s: 1Tr, 1BMP, 3DBP, and a DBP 2008. They looked as common as a bunch of sparrows today.

As for the rest of the cars.....
Nice MKIV with some Mb wheels pushed out flush and lowered.....
Cort's cab on bags and a sweet set of BBS.....
Steve's truck all polished out and looking good.....
Looking at the cars stretched out to the street.....
The cars next to the main building.....
A really sweet Jetta.....

Last edited by Jimbo Roberts on Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:26 am, edited 5 times in total.

Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:41 pm
Profile ICQ

Best of show, a much modified MKV.....
Why yes I think it is on bags, why do you ask?
Nice little stereo setup.....
This beautiful Audi TT on staggered BBS.....
One of my favorite VWs the original Scirocco.....
Definitely track ready.....
Joesph showed up with his turboed 318.....
The awards were handed out and the 5 categories, Best wheels, Best Stance, Best paint, Best non-Vag, Best of show.....
I really didn't have much a chance at any of these categories, But the Cleanest Car could have gone to.....
But I was told they just ran out of buckets before they got to mine, Shucks !
Just a bit of shameless self promotion.....

Great little show for one that was put together in a couple of months. It was cool being back at the Austin VW Junkyard and seeing such a good turnout of VAG Love. This is just the first of was is to be annual event and with the cars showing up at the first one this one has potential to be a show to make.
Jimbo

Last edited by Jimbo Roberts on Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:33 am, edited 2 times in total.

Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:55 pm
Profile ICQ

Had a blast! Ill for sure be out there next year. And jimbo I voted for you for best in pant. I always love see how clean your car is 2 thumbs up.

82 vw caddy 1.8 8v

Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:57 pm
Profile WWW

Thanks, I do my best, and your truck sure looks like you spent plenty of time polishing it out. It looked great!
Jimbo

Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:03 pm
Profile ICQ

Good times! Great to finally meet you Jimbo! :thumbsup:

Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:49 pm
Profile YIM WWW

82 vw caddy 1.8 8v

Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:14 pm
Profile WWW

That red cabbie was something else !
Jimbo

Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:17 pm
Profile ICQ

Congrats Steve! Hopefully next year I'll be in attendance.

Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:47 pm

dang now i wish i stayed. and maybe next time not show up so early and read the time wrong lol

94 ls integra - Back home & 4sale
05 impala holla - RIP
86 k10 blazer - RIP

Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:47 pm
Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]