Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home1/strictly/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home1/strictly/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home1/strictly/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 379

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home1/strictly/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home1/strictly/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 991: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3778: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3779: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
Strictly European Autosport - View topic - SEA Featured Wedding - Josh and Amy
It is currently Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:53 am

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
SEA Featured Wedding - Josh and Amy 
Post Whore

New post SEA Featured Wedding - Josh and Amy
Article:
It's official, our first StrictlyEA wedding! And this one was a star studded, red carpet event! There were superstar NBA players there, singers, actors, Nobel prize winners, everything! Ok, so maybe that's not true, but Josh and Amy were definitely the stars of this evening's festivities. I'm sure everyone already knows about the wonderful proposal that Josh did at the awards ceremony for Hot Water Blast. Well this was the workings of that proposal, obviously.

I have been to a few weddings that held the entire thing at one of the houses of the two getting married or a relative before but have never really been impressed with the setup. However, in this case I don't think a better venue could have been chosen. The house was a wonderful house full of personal touches and the backyard was a perfect size for the wedding that was to be had. The newly finished gazebo was also the icing on the cake, the perfect place for the two to get married.

Me and Terrell arrived about 30 minutes before the time that they were to be married with other people still making their way to the house. Already though, there was plenty of Volkswagen's outside ready to whisk Josh and Amy away for their first marriage cruise. We also arrived hungry and the smell of brisket, beans, and a whole heap of other food had our stomachs eager for the wedding to get on with. However, it was delayed a bit since the preacher that was to wed these to was MIA. There was another preacher found that arrived at about 7:00 though and the wedding went on.

So there they are on the gazebo getting this whole thing underway. Me and Termite are in the background taking all types of pics. Josh, of course, wanting to look good for the pictures puts a nervous smile on his face for the camera. But his smile was surface deep. I could see the look in his eyes like, "Wow, this is it. Am I really doing this and is this really happening to me?" Well, the wedding went on and Josh's nervousness was made worse when it came time to put the ring on his bride's finger. See, earlier in the day we had been playing around with the fake ring/o-ring as Josh's ring. Well, apparently somewhere in the may lay that was the ring the best man kept in his pocket instead of getting the real ring to put on her finger. It was classic. The correct ring ended up making it's way to her finger and the marriage was made official!

Immediately after the ceremony we all hopped into our cars and went on a short cruise around the block. It was a memorable one that yielded some good pictures as you can see below. When we got back it was time for food. It was also time for pictures. Me being the designated photographer, but also very hungry, I was in quite a predicament. I chose what any guy would choose, go and get some food! Well, about halfway through the food line I was caught and was taken away to go and take pictures. The pictures came out great and didn't take half as long as I had thought. So I was able to grab some grub and lots of it after the pics.

After the food there was the first dance of the newly weds then inside for cake. The cake was a beautiful cake topped with, of course, a GTI and some other car. :D They cut into the cake, smothered each others faces with it, then moved onto the champagne. After that we all went outside for the throwing of the bouquet and garter. The bouquet was caught by an 8 year old so I don't know what to think about that. Then, the garter was caught by our own Bob so be on the lookout for the next SEA Featured Wedding. Right Bob?

Altogether, what a great wedding! I had a ton of fun and wish I would have stayed a little later and would have been great if I was able to make the bachelor party the night before. I guess I will have to make sure and do that for the next SEA wedding. Josh and Amy, I wish you two all the best and know that this journey will lead you all to places ya'll never thought you all would be. Take in all the good times and the bad times. Know that they will come and take them in stride. You two have truly found your soul mates and I couldn't be happier for you two. Peace out and see you around!

Pictures:
http://www.strictlyea.com/pictures/2008 ... hswedding/

Keep up with important information.....Click here....

Sun Jun 15, 2008 9:42 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Administrator

New post 
Oh, Roob! I have had those other pics on CD since that night. I forgot to tell you to come get them. Oops. You can come and grab them tonight if you want. I'm heading to Naco WalMart right now if you wanna meet me and grab it? You've got PM...

1979 Chevy Malibu Classic 2Dr
1984 VW Rabbit GTI
1984 VW Rabbit Cabby
1985 Porsche 944 N/A
1987 Dodge Caravan
1988 VW Scirocco 16V
1989 Honda Accord 4Dr
1994 VW Jetta 2.slow
2004 Mercedes-Benz ML500
2006 Mercedes-Benz C230 Sport

Sun Jun 15, 2008 9:51 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Administrator

New post 
Roob, you get that CD put up yet? Who'd-a-thunk we'd bump into each other on the highway like that? Boy, CD's fly good eh!? Haha just kidding, we stopped to pass if through the window. That would have been funny though, 65-70mph drive-by CDing.

Oh, and you never know... Maux and I are still one the engaged list. Just gotta pick that date.

1984 VW Rabbit GTI
1984 VW Rabbit Cabby
1985 Porsche 944 N/A
1987 Dodge Caravan
1988 VW Scirocco 16V
1989 Honda Accord 4Dr
1994 VW Jetta 2.slow
2004 Mercedes-Benz ML500

Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:24 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Post Whore

New post 
And we all now Bob is on the waiting list too! And I got the CD, I will put them up manana though. :thumbsup:

Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:34 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Administrator

New post 
SooprmanX wrote:
And we all now Bob is on the waiting list too! And I got the CD, I will put them up manana though. :thumbsup:

Haha, yea... winner of what, 8 lifetime catches now? Man, that guy is living in the wrong country for that many wives. :thumbsup:

1984 VW Rabbit GTI
1984 VW Rabbit Cabby
1985 Porsche 944 N/A
1987 Dodge Caravan
1988 VW Scirocco 16V
1989 Honda Accord 4Dr
1994 VW Jetta 2.slow
2004 Mercedes-Benz ML500

Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:38 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Post Whore

New post 
Yeah and this thread is getting no love.

Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:41 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Administrator

New post 
:cry:

1984 VW Rabbit GTI
1984 VW Rabbit Cabby
1985 Porsche 944 N/A
1987 Dodge Caravan
1988 VW Scirocco 16V
1989 Honda Accord 4Dr
1994 VW Jetta 2.slow
2004 Mercedes-Benz ML500

Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:42 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Sig Jr.

New post 
great job roobs.

congatulations again to the newly hitched couple and yes, you are all invited to
my 8 weddings.

Tue Jun 17, 2008 12:38 am

New post 
Love the write up man. I couldn't ask for better friends. :supz:

Tue Jun 17, 2008 5:37 am
SEA Supporter

New post 
The write up needs some editing and a couple pics link to other pics?

Other than that great context. I felt like I was there. Too bad I missed the bachelor party oh wait I wasn't invited! :cry2:

Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:38 am
O RLY

New post 
Fast1 wrote:
The write up needs some editing and a couple pics link to other pics?

Other than that great context. I felt like I was there. Too bad I missed the bachelor party oh wait I wasn't invited! :cry2:

I thought the UFO's were in town..

Tue Jun 17, 2008 5:12 pm
Profile WWW
Sig Jr.

New post 
they were.........

Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:42 pm
SEA Supporter

New post 
Bob just made the list. Right next to Sig and Josh. :ninja:

Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:27 am
Post Whore

New post Re: SEA Featured Wedding - Josh and Amy
Is this thing still going on?

Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:37 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ]