Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home1/strictly/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home1/strictly/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home1/strictly/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 379

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home1/strictly/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home1/strictly/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 991: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3778: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3779: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
Strictly European Autosport - View topic - Featured Event - Volkfest 2008
It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:33 pm

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 
Featured Event - Volkfest 2008 
Post Whore

New post Featured Event - Volkfest 2008
Well Volkfest 2008 has come upon us and it was a scorcher. And that work could be used for both the temperature outside as well as the cars in the parking lot. Last year because of the rain there was not the amount of cars from Mexico that usually come up. That wasn't the case this year, they came up in impressive numbers. It's not everyday that you get to see a handful of Seat's lined up next to each other and not all stock. This year us San Antonio guys didn't make it down there in the numbers we usually do but we all had a great time with the people that did go. Next year count us in for a great showing though!

Like last year, the show as held at the Tejano Saloon and it is a pretty good location for a car show. It has ample parking, room for spectators, DJ, and bathrooms. The parking lot was also littered with tons of different choices for drink and food. I don't know about everyone else, but having some hot, fresh cooked fajita tacos so accessible makes a car show that much better. There was also plenty of places to pick up some drinks, and you needed them with how hot it was out there.

The first row of cars contained the older, air cooled cars. It never fails, no matter what car show I go to, the air cooled guys always have the sickest, most creative rides; and this was no exception. The brown Bug you see in the picture was the Best of Show winner and boy did he deserve it. There wasn't a spec of dust to be found on the car and the stance of the car just blew all the others out of the water. Another one of my personal favorites was the orange bus. I believe I have seen it in years past but it never ceases to put me in awe every time I see it. Water coolers, we all need to take note of the little details on these cars like their cool displays, because that's what sets these cars apart for me.

The next few rows were scattered with different cars and different generations of VW's. The silver bunch of MK4's are the three of us that made it from San Antonio, complete with our over packed tent. Following down the lines there were countless other examples of well done MK4's. Although ever show yields tons of MK4's, it always good to see a few of owners that know how to setup their car to stand out from the crowd. I really liked the display of the blue R32 that won 1st place in the MK4 GTI category. The use of the bike rack, the bike, and the spark wheel in front of the car was great. Also, the orange engine pieces were actually pulled off rather well, and that's no easy task to do. Congratulations on your win, you deserved it.

Like I said before, one of the big reasons I like this show so much is that the cars that come up from Mexico that are not available in the US are always great to see. The Seat's that came up this year were no exception to that. There was even a grey one that had the exact same size turbo Josh is running on his VRT. Now that's pretty impressive. I am convinced that if they sold these cars in the US that they would sell like hot cakes. But what do I know, I'm just some lousy car guy. Regardless, the Seat's were a pleasure to see. There was also a Beetle RSI that came up from Mexico. Wow. That's the only word I can use to explain this car. I mean the leather in this car was like an orange-ish/red-ish and was just utter sickness. There are not many Beetles that I would like to buy off the factory floor (well none I can think of) but this one I would buy in a heartbeat. Wow.

There was also a nice mix of MK3's and MK2's out there. Watch out MK3 guys, I will be back there next year with a vengeance. :) So that being said, this year was great for the Volkfest show. I already can't wait to get my skin burned off next year. Haha. As long as these guys put on this show you can bet two things, there will be some sick cars attending and I will be there. So see you guys next year!

Pictures:
viewtopic.php?p=149118
http://www.strictlyea.com/pictures/2008 ... 8volkfest/

Keep up with important information.....Click here....

Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:33 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Post Whore

New post 
And if you read this thread, read the article, and look at the pictures....Comment! Don't just look and give no love. Or else.... :ninja:

Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:19 pm
Profile YIM WWW

New post 
looked like fun! good thing I didn't go, that tent looked a bit too crowded :butthead:

Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:03 am
Site Sponsor

New post 
Great show, great article, and great pix. :thumbsup:

Thu Aug 07, 2008 4:52 am

New post 
You write good. :thumbsup:

Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:02 am

New post 
i had a good time. good write up rubon. :thumbsup:

82 vw caddy 1.8 8v

Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:41 am
Profile WWW

New post 
Don't let that pool fool you. It looks all nice and pretty but it smelt really bad :thumbdown:

Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:13 am

New post 
:thumbsup: Good reporting skills. I love how you can't tell how friggin' smoldering it was and we just come off as a bunch of lazy asses in the tent :lol:

Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:43 am
Profile WWW

New post 
those pancakes were way to close to the frijoles.

Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:21 am
Post Whore

New post 
Patrón wrote:
those pancakes were way to close to the frijoles.

:rofl:

Free breakfast ftl.

Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:51 pm
Profile YIM WWW

New post 
volksfest was badass, congrats to josh and steve for coming away with trophies, we may not have showed in numbers but we showed SEA style to the max, thanks to josh and ruben for pics and ruben for the article, great job on the write up, loads of fun minus the heat

Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:27 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Sig Jr.

New post 
great job guys.

we who couldnt go sure did miss out.

nice write up as usual roobs, yes, those mk3 boys better watch out.

favorite pic is the trophy group......josh and steve are VERY easy to spot.

Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:42 pm
Post Whore

New post 
xlr8rbob wrote:
favorite pic is the trophy group......josh and steve are VERY easy to spot.

Please elaborate. :mrgreen:

Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:46 pm
Profile YIM WWW

New post 
hey this is pete from club volkspeed, ruben, that was a great article that you pulled off, great job and thanks SEA for making it out here regardless of the heat, it was a great show and we'll be counting on you guys to make it out next year for the car show :tonqe:

Fri Aug 08, 2008 2:14 pm
Profile ICQ
Post Whore

New post 
pwrrpete wrote:
hey this is pete from club volkspeed, ruben, that was a great article that you pulled off, great job and thanks SEA for making it out here regardless of the heat, it was a great show and we'll be counting on you guys to make it out next year for the car show :tonqe:

We will most definitely be there every year that you all have this show. :thumbsup:

Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:52 pm
Profile YIM WWW

New post 
ugh i missed out its official. i want a crossfox for a daily sooo bad

banana bike HD 883

matt

Sun Aug 10, 2008 2:13 pm
Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]