Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home1/strictly/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home1/strictly/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home1/strictly/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 379

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home1/strictly/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home1/strictly/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 991: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3778: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3779: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
Strictly European Autosport - View topic - Featured Cars - Air Base Shoot 2008
It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:23 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
Featured Cars - Air Base Shoot 2008 
Post Whore

New post Featured Cars - Air Base Shoot 2008
Gotta love it when someone owes you a favor
With Autumnbahn right around the corner, what better timing...
By Ruben Pina Jr.
Photography by Ruben Pina Jr.
September 2008

Lately my laziness and life has really been biting into my time to actually get out, do some nice photo shoots, and add more content to the site. Friday Steve sent me a text message telling me not to forget about the photo shoot the following morning. Work has been owning my life and with me working that morning I was torn up that I was going to have to miss it. Well, I pulled some strings and was able to make it to the shoot to take pictures of these beautiful cars in a perfect setting on a perfect day. And, with Autumnbahn European Car Show quickly approaching, what better time to give a small teaser of what San Antonio plans on bringing to the show...

I had no idea what kind of setting that we were going to be shooting in. No one really knew but Steven, he was the one who got us the access to take pictures here. But, when we all found out exactly where we would be taking pictures, we were blown away. We couldn't have asked for a better place to take pictures with better weather, and better lighting. The sun was sitting perfect in the sky, the clouds blocking just enough sun, and the planes offering a perfect backdrop for such wonderful cars. It is really going to be hard to top this one. Once again, forever thanks to Steve for his ability to get us in here and take some pictures!

What made it even better was the fact that these cars are all relatively new to their current looks. Steve's silver MK4 GTI has only recently been sporting the new LM's as well as the new paint scheme: a black roof, front end respray, and the custom touches to the front lip. Josh's car has only recently been seen wearing the Porsche twists and they also complete a life-long dream Josh has had to put these wheels on one of his cars. We didn't take the time to take pictures of what's going on under the hood of the cars, but Josh's car is sure to surprise people with some custom touches he has been working on this year in anticipation of showing off at this year's Autumnbahn car show.

Furthurmore, this is the first time we have taken pictures of Terrell's car with the new Forgelines and wow, those wheels really take the car to a whole new level. A little more height adjustment (more slammage!) and this car will really be one to be reckoned with in the local Volkswagen community. And lastly, Steve's Passat has come a long way since he first made his way to San Antonio. The BBS's are back from being repaired and the newly purchased Koni coilovers put this car over the top. Not to mention that this car, like Terrell's and the other Steve's car, has been to Vollmer's for some custom paint touches.

I want to be the first to again thank Steve for the awesome access to this location, we truly appreciate it and I'm sure you do too. Hopefully I will be able to get some more time and take some pictures of some other cars with equally deserving time behind the camera. Thank you for taking the time to look at the pictures and please show your support by clicking the discussion of these pictures. See you guys next time!

Pictures:
http://www.strictlyea.com/pictures/2008 ... shoot2008/
http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?4017029

Keep up with important information.....Click here....

Sun Sep 07, 2008 6:59 pm
Profile YIM WWW

New post 
Great write up...Steve, just let me know when you want me to come pleasure you. :butthead:

Sun Sep 07, 2008 7:54 pm
New post 
sweet pictures

Sun Sep 07, 2008 7:57 pm

New post 
sweet pics. you guys still suck for not inviting me :cry:

banana bike HD 883

matt

Sun Sep 07, 2008 8:27 pm

New post 
excellent shots guys! Sick write up R00b

EAD0001 wrote:
Great write up...Steve, just let me know when you want me to come pleasure you. :butthead:

anytime man!!! :goodman:

Sun Sep 07, 2008 8:29 pm

New post 
awww lame...

i wish i would have known so i too could have taken some pictures...

i know how a lot of ya'll are total awesome photogs and would love a chance to hone the skillzzz

great shots btw

Sun Sep 07, 2008 10:04 pm
Profile YIM
Sig Jr.

New post 
saaaaaaweeeeet.

nice job guys.

great feature.

SEA will be a force to be rekon with this coming show season.

Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:11 pm

New post 
did any of y'all get a pick with my car in there? if so could u email them or pm them to me??

Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:28 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ]