Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home1/strictly/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home1/strictly/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home1/strictly/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 379

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home1/strictly/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home1/strictly/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 991: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3778: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3779: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
Strictly European Autosport - View topic - Featured Event - Autumnbahn 2008
It is currently Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:22 pm

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
Featured Event - Autumnbahn 2008 
Post Whore

New post Featured Event - Autumnbahn 2008
Werd!

If you missed last year's Autumnbahn then you had a chance to make it up this year. If you didn't make it to the show this year either then you have to know that you are really missing out! This year's show was bigger and better than last year's show and is really showing that this is the European car show to be at for the souther US. San Antonio's own MJM Autohaus was the premier sponsor for this event and they had the biggest booth around at the car show. They were on staff giving chip trials, selling parts for your whip, and showing off their new Sparco line of products. There were also many other sponsors littered around the car show grounds flaunting their tricked out rides and their products. Seriously though, if you missed this year, plan on being at next year's event, it is only going to get bigger and better.

Making my way through the isles one thing became apparent, this is not your standard Texas car show. I have been going to local Texas car shows for a few years now and I would say that half of the cars at this years event I had never seen before. That means Texans are really stepping up their game and getting the word out for this show. There are so many beautiful examples of tastefully modded European cars going down the isles. Top on the list for me though was the fully race prepped Porsche. Wow! That's all I can say to describe this thing. Anything with carbon fiber, 2 lb. doors and fully decked out race gear has to have a special place in everyone's heart. It ended up winning best of show and it was very well deserved.

The Volkswagens were very well represented this year. I saw a lot of the new MKV's out there that I hadn't seen even earlier in the year at Hot Water Blast. I was talking to one owner and he has only owned the car for a few months yet he already had the car decked out with Forgeline wheels and Porsche BBK to name two things. Doc's MKV GTI was showing off his new Work VS-XX's and the newly reupolstered interior. I love that color and challenge you to find another MKV in the US with that same leather interior. The MKIV Volkswagens were also well represented at this years' show. The one car that really showed me what car customization was all about was the yellow Jetta. I know I know, I am biased. But you can't deny the star power of this car. The color, stance, and wheel choice just really set this car apart.

The BMW's also brought their "A" game to the show this year. The E30's that came out were prime examples of how these cars should be kept. They were in stunning condition and also had their share of tasteful modifications. The stance and wheel choice on two of them really had me taking a second look. The E46 M3's were seriously all business. They not only looked the part but from the looks of it, they had the power to back it all up. They were incredible looking and their stance and wheel choice was perfect as well. The yellow E36 M3 also deserves a mention here. It competed in the exhaust sound competition and I have to say it is one fine sounding car. The supercharger sounds coming from under the hood can't hurt either. :p

You can't forget that this year the exotics came out in good numbers. There was a wide array of exotics from Porsches to Lotus' to Lamborghini's. The yellow Lamborghini was absolutely insane. The exhaust was one of the loudest exhausts I have heard and simpley sounded amazing. One day I will own a car like that! Mark my words! :D As mentioned earlier, the race Porsche was the most amazing car there in my opinion. But that's not to say that the other Porsche's there were anything to laugh at. The GT3 was a beautiful thing to look at and I can only imagine the joy on your face when you get to really drive one of those things.

I could go on and on about the Volvo's, Saab's, Audi's and every other car that deserves mention in this article but we would be here all night. And, frankly, I'm tired and I'm sure you wouldn't read it all. So this year's Autumnbahn was definitely one that everyone should have been at. But, if you weren't, there's always next year. Keep an eye out on the site and we will definitely keep everyone filled in on what's happening for next year and when. See you guys soon!

Pictures:
viewtopic.php?t=12468
http://www.strictlyea.com/pictures/2008 ... nbahn2008/

Keep up with important information.....Click here....

Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:25 pm
Profile YIM WWW

New post 
awesome show, awesome write up!

banana bike HD 883

matt

Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:49 pm
Sig Jr.

New post 
great job as always ruben.

is it me or am i the only one who missed some old skool vdubs.

Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:33 am
SEA Supporter

New post 
Boo I didn't go this year
Boo for Ruben not taking pics of the trophy girls

Hooray for all the cars that did show
Hooray for hometown peeps bringin home some gold.

Honestly though and I hate to say it but my two favorites are the NSX and the TT with those crazy looking wheels.

I guess I have been around too long because the E46M3's all look the same to me these days. I see the same mods over and over and I am wanting to see something fresh and different.

Nice to see at least one Bmw seven made it. I will have something show worthy next year hopefully. :thumbsup:

Great write up Ruben I enjoyed reading it all the way til the end.

Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:15 am

New post 
Thanks for the story and the pictures. I sure was disappointed that I couldn't make it to the show and I spent a good amount time cleaning it up on Saturday. It sure looked good. Looks like I would have been the only MKIV R32 too. Maybe next year.
Jimbo

Wed Nov 26, 2008 9:50 am
Profile ICQ

New post 
Great pics Ruben. I heard Jordan's white e30 is now a 6-speed.

Wed Nov 26, 2008 9:56 am

New post Re: Featured Event - Autumnbahn 2008
SooprmanX wrote:

Awesome write up Ruben, great job as always :supz: BIG thank you for all your support bro!!! :thumbsup:

Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:00 am
Profile WWW
Post Whore

New post 
Gracias for all the kind words guys. :thumbsup:

Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:05 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Resident Prick

New post 
Ruben, I stole your pic and made it my sig. Thanks.

MkV R32 - Deep Blue - #1488
| Hardwired V1 | Pioneer AVIC Z120BT | Focal 165VR3 | Focal 165V30 | JL Audio 10W6v2 | JL Audio HD 900/5 | OEM Dash Cubby | TunerDomes LEDs | R Line Floor Mats | Bilstein PSS10 | H&R Rear Sway | C2 Power-Flash | EVOMS V-Flow Intake | Magnaflow Sport Exhaust | Adam's Rotors | 19" Work VS-XX |
DBC Tuning

Sat Nov 29, 2008 5:02 pm

New post 
cool write up, i liked reading it since i wasnt able to make it. Was it just me or did it seem like most people didnt even wash their car? My dad and bro went and said that alot of cars had trash in them and were dirty. Figures it was mostly e30's im reffering to

The Reflective Touch
Affordable Automotive Detailing Service!

Sat Nov 29, 2008 6:27 pm

New post 
AutumnBahn Video

http://www.tunerlifestyletv.com/index.p ... DwtteAnm91

Tigers like pepper, they hate cinnamon...

Sun Nov 30, 2008 4:08 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Sig Jr.

New post 
^^^^
hey, that was pretty tight.

Sun Nov 30, 2008 4:40 pm

New post 

no love for the marshmallow but still a pretty sweet video

banana bike HD 883

matt

Sun Nov 30, 2008 6:46 pm

New post 
candywhitevdub wrote:

no love for the marshmallow but still a pretty sweet video

UveBeenRobd! lol

Tigers like pepper, they hate cinnamon...

Sun Nov 30, 2008 8:11 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Post Whore

New post 
unionjack wrote:
Ruben, I stole your pic and made it my sig. Thanks.

S'all good!

Sun Nov 30, 2008 8:32 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ]