Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home1/strictly/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home1/strictly/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home1/strictly/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home1/strictly/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 991: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3778: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3779: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
Strictly European Autosport - View topic - Featured Car - Dave's 2003 BMW Z4
It is currently Mon May 29, 2017 1:35 am

Reply to topic  [ 29 posts ] 
Featured Car - Dave's 2003 BMW Z4 
Post Whore

New post Featured Car - Dave's 2003 BMW Z4
I know it has been long in the making. I have been slacking I know. But here you go, the winner for December 2005! Click the image to view it.

Keep up with important information.....Click here....

Last edited by SooprmanX on Sun Aug 06, 2006 2:03 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Sat Dec 31, 2005 11:42 am
Profile YIM WWW
SEA Supporter

New post 
Dave's 2004 BMW Z4 Roadster
Took long enough, but worth the wait.....
By Ruben Pina Jr.
Photography by Ruben Pina Jr.
December 2005

I usually send out a questionaire of a million questions so that I can get some good material to write an article with. Well, I sent it to Dave and he really did a good job answering the questions. So good that it would be impossible for me to write an article with all the information I want to put in there unless I make it like 20 paragraphs long. Every answer had so much in there that I wanted everyone to see that I decided this time instead of writing an article I would just publish the questionaire. So enjoy everyone!

When did you get your car? June 2004

Did you buy it with the intention of modding it? Yes. I've always tried to do whatever I could to individualize my cars. Typically I've done mainly aesthetic or audio mods to the cars to make them visually or audibly different, leaving the performance aspect stock.

What other cars have you had before it? I've owned: 1982 Datsun B210, 1985 Honda Prelude 2.0si, 1990 Geo Tracker, 1993 Ford Probe and now this car, 2003 BMW Z4 3.0

Did those cars have any modifications? I've put stereo systems in every one of my cars with the exception of the Datsun, which I didn't own for very long. I did only mild stereo work to the Prelude. The most extreme part of the Prelude's stereo was probably the addition of tweeters inside the center A/C ducts. It restricted air flow a little, but it really created a nice front image for the stereo. The Tracker had the most extreme stereo mods to it. I took out the back seat and built a huge box with 2 12” Orion DVC XTR. I mounted tweeters inside the side pillars to help compete with the huge amount of bass that the Orions put out. I also built a lockable storage box out of MDF as well, which set in the back seat area in between the sub box and the front seats. The entire box was given a faux stone finish, which looked pretty cool (or at least it did back in the day…) The Probe I didn't really do much to – I only swapped out the head unit and put a 10” MTX sub in the back.

How did you find your car? Dealer

Who is your biggest critic of your car? I guess I am.

Is there anything unique about the history of this car? It was “allegedly” a show car for AC Schnitzer. I purchased the car with 2,000 miles on it, but it already had some AC Schnitzer additions on it and the price was great, so I couldn't pass it up. I have no idea if it truly was a Schnitzer demo car, that's simply what the salesman at the BMW dealer in Germany told me.

What is the objective of this car? To maintain the intent of BMW's design, while improving on it to create an individualized car that won't be mistaken for someone else's car on the road.

What tuning style would you describe your car as? Umm, all show, no go? Not sure how to answer this one. As I don't really focus too much on improving performance, since I'm not a “racer” I'd say that it's a more visual style of tuning that I'm going for. Does that make sense?

Who helped you build this car? My Russian friend Michael swapped out the OEM amber lighting to the blue lighting for me. My wife also purchased the CTD-Germany front lip and several of the other additions for me. Other than that either I did the work or paid a professional to do it for me. My wife is really supportive of my modding the car – she really loves the car as well, though she calls it my ‘mistress' since it steals me away from my wife. Truthfully I'd miss it if it got stolen or wrecked, but in the end it's just a car… It does always make me smile when I drive it though.

What makes your car special? I really think the AC Schnitzer stuff really sets it apart. Though the Streamline Engineering CAI and the blue interior lighting are a bit more unique in the Z4 world, since there are only like 4 people with the CAI and only 1 other Z4 that I know of with the blue lighting and that one belongs to a German that lives in Germany, so it's probably the only Z4 in the US that has blue lighting…

What is your favorite part/feature/function? This is a tough one. I guess I'd cheat and say all the Schnitzer stuff together. My favorite of that stuff though has gotta be the Schnitzer exhaust – it really adds a nice beefy exhaust note to the car, plus I think the chrome tips look sweet. I like the blue lighting a lot too, since the OEM amber really just annoyed me. It reminded me of old Alpine head units, which was the main reason I never liked them back in the day.

Who or what inspired the direction of modifications on this car? I always wanted a roadster. I can't say that I've always wanted a BMW because truthfully the only BMW owners I've ever had contact with were self-important jerks, so I really resisted buying a BMW because I didn't want to either: 1) be grouped in with those guys or worse 2) BECOME one of those guys. I'd like to think that my car doesn't make me special, rather I make my car special. Sounds pretty ghey, but there ya go… I did a lot of research when I bought my car – I looked at pretty much every roadster available (except the Miata – no thanks!) I looked at the: Lotus Elise, Honda S2000, Audi TT, 350Z convertible, Porsche Boxster and the Mercedes SLK 350. The Lotus was too small, the Audi was too crappy, the Boxster styling just didn't do it for me and the 350Z was too much for what you get. So, I had it narrowed down to the S2000, the Z4 and the SLK 350. They stopped selling the American spec S2000 in Germany and Mercedes didn't offer any breaks on the SLK, so the Z4 is what I got. Anyway, to answer the question, since the car already had some Schnitzer gear installed on it, I'd say that AC Schnitzer inspired the direction of the modifications on my car. They have very tasteful products, though they're WAY expensive, so I'm adding them a little bit at a time. I eventually plan to get their side skirts, rear apron and 2-piece rear wing.

What don't you like about this car? I LOVE everything about the car – I just hate driving it on the roads of San Antonio because of how low it is, so I guess the thing I don't like would be how low it is. I really like how it looks though, so I don't intend to change its stance just to drive it here – I just have to be careful where I go and which roads I take I guess.

What would you change if you could? Probably the color. I really wanted the merlot red. Not that I don't LOVE the silver because I think it looks really nice – it's just that every other car on the road is silver now… If I were to repaint it I'd probably pick an off-the-wall color like a deep purple or a lime green – I know, you really hope I don't decide to repaint it

On a scale of 1 to 10, where are you so far with this car? 6 – I intend to add the rest of the AC Schnitzer body kit, JL Audio sub/amp, iPod, coilovers, sway bars and new rims/tires. I'll probably never finish working on the car, though I plan on getting new rims/tires, the JL Audio sub/amp and iPod all installed this year. If I were to receive a large inheritance or something I would probably also add a supercharger and Brembos all the way around, but they're way too expensive to consider right now. It would run me about $12-13K just for the SC and brakes, so it's not likely…

What do your friends and family say about this car? Everyone really loves the car. It's all the cooler because you almost never see them around. The typical question I get is “What kind of car IS that?” One of the first days I had it, some guy ran up and asked if he could take his picture beside my car; weird, but kinda cool too… It's just funny seeing people's reaction to the car – little boys stare open-mouthed when I drive by, middle-aged stare longingly, old men just shake their heads. Everyone that rides in the car with me comments on how much attention the car gets, so I think that colors their perception of it and makes it seem that much cooler to them. I bought the car for me, so I don't really care what everyone else thinks, but it's nice that other people seem to appreciate what I'm doing with it as well.

What is your favorite place to drive this car? The Autobahn in Germany.

What is your ideal day with this car? Partly cloudy day, mid 70s, no traffic, driving on a 2 lane, tree-covered road through the country filled with twisties and nice straight-aways to really get going on. Oh and the top would have to be down too…

Who gets to drive this car? I do (of course), my wife (on occasion) and from time-to-time an occasional valet, though I never trust them NOT to scrape the front lip…

If your car had a motto what would it be? I think BMW said it best – “The ultimate driving machine” If not that, then I guess it would be “Hang up the phone and drive” since I'm sick of almost being run into by morons that are talking on the phone instead of paying attention to the road.

If you had to name your car, what would it be? I dunno – Klaus, Otto, Dieter? It's German, so it should have a German name I guess. Of course cars are supposed to be female… I think I'd go with Otto, since it's a homonym for auto. I chose the tag “TiAgZ4” since it's a Titanium (Ti) Silver (Ag) Z4. It's kind the ‘chemical composition' for my dream car I guess… I guess it's the inner geek in me, but oh well…

What is your next project? I think my next project is going to be adding on to the factory stereo. It's already got the premium 10 speaker stereo by Harmon Kardon and Carver, but I'd really like to add a JL Audio 10W6v2 sub in a nice plexiglass box in the trunk, driven by a JL Audio 500/1 amplifier. I also intend to install a 60GB video iPod in the center console. The tires are getting a little worn, so when they're ready to be swapped out I plan on getting new wheels, along with the new tires.

What is one word to describe your car? Umm, silver? I'm not sure – I get a lot of “awesome” and “cool” comments, but I'd prefer “clean” or “classic” I guess. I prefer a much cleaner look than what the ricers go for.

What was your first modification on the car? I swapped out all the rear brake lights and the side markers to clear lenses.

What was your first forum you joined to research your car? www.z4um.com

How did you start to get into the European car scene? Well, I was in Europe at the time, so that helped… It's funny because most of the Europeans seem to want to get American-style cars, while all the Americans there are grabbing whatever German cars they can. Being there really made me appreciate the euro cars. Of course they have more than their fair share of beater BMWs, though those are typically owned by military members that are stationed there.

How did you start to find out about modifications for your car? Truthfully when I bought the car there were very few options available. The ones that did exist were EXTREMELY expensive. The Z4 seems to be a very niche market kind of car, so with that you pay a premium for any modifications that are available. It seems like every single mod I want to do to the car is at least $2,000…

Click here for Forum Discussion
Owner info: TiAgZ4
Name: Dave Roseman

Vehicle Specs:
Year: 2003
Make: BMW
Color: Titanium Silver
Model: Z4
Engine: 3.0 Inline-6 cylinder

Engine Modifications: Streamline Engineering CAI and AC Schnitzer sport exhaust with chrome tips
Transmission Modifications: None
Suspension Modifications: AC Schnitzer strut brace
Brake Modifications: None
Wheels and Tires: 18” OEM BMW Style 107 (ellipsoid) wheels with BF Goodrich Potenza RFT
Exterior/Body Modifications: Front euro plate, CTD-Germany front lip, CTD-Germany chrome grill, BMW clear side markers, BMW clear brake lights, CTD-Germany stubby antenna and AC Schnitzer decal
Interior Modifications: AC Schnitzer emergency brake handle, AC Schnitzer pedal set, AC Schnitzer leather upholstery, AC Schnitzer floor mats, Bimmian “Xenon” interior lighting, swapped OEM amber lighting to blue, LeatherZ leather armrests, LeatherZ trunk tray, LeatherZ convertible top cover, BMW Universal Garage Door Opener rearview and Roadster Solutions clear acrylic windblocker
Mobile Electronics: Passport 8500 X50 (blue) w/remote display
Lighting Modifications: None

Well there were going to be more pictures but the batteries ran out on the camera we were using and we didn't have a back-up. So we will try to get more pics for you guys!

Pictures:
http://www.strictlyea.com/pictures/memb ... embercotm/

I don't think anybody saw that coming :-P . Beautiful car, well deserving!

jake. wrote:
why do people thing that there will be less traction with stretched tires? the contact points will still be the same, its only the sidewall that gets stretched.

Sat Dec 31, 2005 1:24 pm

New post 
Very nice car. Congrats on COTM!

Sat Dec 31, 2005 2:25 pm
Reposter of the Century!

New post 
wow could that get any lower :eek:

Sat Dec 31, 2005 3:41 pm

New post 
wow that got me by surprize. I was almost sure it would be the GTI again this month by far. :mrgreen:
congrats to the Z4. Its nice. and man thats low
So next month its brandons car with the big chromes or marks cousin with the 330ci with every thing done on it right :thumbsup:

Sat Dec 31, 2005 4:32 pm
Post Whore

New post 
porscheguy wrote:
So next month its brandons car with the big chromes or marks cousin with the 330ci with every thing done on it right :thumbsup:

Neither

Sat Dec 31, 2005 5:40 pm
Profile YIM WWW

New post 
Thanks for the compliments all :) Yeah, it's a bit low - worked well in Germany, since they keep their roads up real nice and there's no real debris. Different story here obviously, so I'm slowing removing all the paint from it :-x

I'm interested to see what next month's car is as well.

Thanks again and Happy New Years to you all! :partyman:

Sat Dec 31, 2005 5:42 pm

New post Re: Car of the Month - December 2005 - 2003 BMW Z4
SooprmanX wrote:
I know it has been long in the making. I have been slacking I know. But here you go, the winner for December 2005! Click the image to view it.

Man, looking at this picture I guess I really need to get a new garage for this thing! ;-)

Sat Dec 31, 2005 5:48 pm
Post Whore

New post 
Yeah I think that garage has seen better days. Haha

Sat Dec 31, 2005 5:52 pm
Profile YIM WWW

New post 
I love your ride its the best looking z4 i have seen

Sun Jan 01, 2006 6:42 pm
Token Leghumper

New post 
nice car, congrats on the COTM win!

Sun Jan 01, 2006 7:20 pm
The Guru

New post 
Man that front is pure sex. Oh and that blue interior lighting is awesome. Did you do the install on that?

Mon Jan 02, 2006 12:58 am
Profile WWW

New post 
SooprmanX wrote:
porscheguy wrote:

Neither

Its ok, i dont have any interior regarless. Its being re-done!

Mon Jan 02, 2006 1:33 am

New post 
clk wrote:
I love your ride its the best looking z4 i have seen

Thanks! Most of the ones I've seen around are pretty stock looking (aka BORING) but it's still very nice of you to say :)

ABTsportsline wrote:
nice car, congrats on the COTM win!

Thank you very much :)

IanBMW wrote:
Man that front is pure sex. Oh and that blue interior lighting is awesome. Did you do the install on that?

Yeah, I really like that CTD-Germany lip - I just wish it wasn't so LOW! Yeah, I really think the blue lights make the car for me. A Russian guy I know that lives in Germany did the install on the blue lights for me. I watched him do it. Didn't seem that hard, but I'm not brave enough to tear things apart like he had to do.

Mon Jan 02, 2006 3:54 am
The Guru

New post 
I thought about doing the same thing for my Z3. Replaceing all the interior lights to blue, but I just don't have the time to get down to all those little LED's to replace them. If I end up keeping my car I will tackle the job though, it's not like it's expensive.......just time consuming.

Mon Jan 02, 2006 9:03 am
Profile WWW

New post 
IanBMW wrote:
I thought about doing the same thing for my Z3. Replaceing all the interior lights to blue, but I just don't have the time to get down to all those little LED's to replace them. If I end up keeping my car I will tackle the job though, it's not like it's expensive.......just time consuming.

Yeah, took him the better part of a day, though we were BSing a lot. I'd guess it took about 7 hours all together with removing the instrument clusters, swapping the lights and then reinstalling everything. It was definitely worth it though - you should check them out in person - are you coming to the January GTG?

Mon Jan 02, 2006 9:42 am
Little McGyver

New post 
Man I love that shot, :eek: congrats! :thumbsup:

Mon Jan 02, 2006 9:49 am

New post 
steffenme1 wrote:
Man I love that shot, :eek: congrats! :thumbsup:

Mon Jan 02, 2006 10:22 am

New post 
That's such a sweet backdrop for that car bro, looking really nice, you guys have any high res pics?? If so that first pic shall be my new wallpaper for a while :)

Also loving the interior lights, i'd like to do it to my car, to match the paint and the HU, but that would be a ton of work.

Mon Jan 02, 2006 5:15 pm
Post Whore

New post 
A few hires pics here --> http://www.strictlyea.com/pictures/memb ... cotm/hires

Mon Jan 02, 2006 6:49 pm
Profile YIM WWW

New post 
That's a B@D-@$$ car, dude. Kudos to you for COTM! I'd love to see it in person.
BTW, I feel you on how low the car is, especially with the streets here. But hey, sacrifice comfort for beauty!

Remus exhaust
19" Breyton Kompetition II in Nitto NT555's 265/30-ZR19 f; 275/30-ZR19 r.

Mon Jan 02, 2006 8:13 pm

New post 
zerreissen wrote:
That's such a sweet backdrop for that car bro, looking really nice, you guys have any high res pics?? If so that first pic shall be my new wallpaper for a while :)

Also loving the interior lights, i'd like to do it to my car, to match the paint and the HU, but that would be a ton of work.

Yeah, Ruben picked the site for the shoot. He's all like "Just pull your car up on the grass and park parallel to that shed" so I'm like "Do you know who lives here?" and of course he didn't. At least some "inbred Jed" didn't come out and start shooting. We did have a few neighbors drive by real slowly to see what we were doing though. Either they thought we were harmless or we just happened to leave before the police showed up. Either way, I really dug the location too and that first shot is gonna be my wallpaper at work now too I think :)

Yeah, I can't imagine NOT having the blue lights in there now, but I don't know that I would have ever attempted it on my own. I'm much more comfortable paying professionals to do things correctly instead of just trying to fix what I messed up ;)

Last edited by TiAgZ4 on Mon Jan 02, 2006 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Jan 02, 2006 8:38 pm

New post 
El Conde wrote:
That's a B@D-@$$ car, dude. Kudos to you for COTM! I'd love to see it in person.
BTW, I feel you on how low the car is, especially with the streets here. But hey, sacrifice comfort for beauty!

Thanks man. Hopefully you WILL get to see it in person. I'm hoping to make it to the January GTG, though I may be late, since I'm flying back from Vegas that day (hopefully - still trying to work the details out - I may actually have to fly in Saturday, in which case I'll miss it completely :(

Yeah, it's definitely worth the headaches it causes, because I really like the way it looks. It gets old scraping it on stuff though. I have a park distance control built into the European plate holder (you can see the sensors on at least one of the shots) so it helps keep me from getting too close to things.

Mon Jan 02, 2006 8:41 pm

New post 
Very very very nice. Mikey likey

2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged (GONE)
2000 Porsche C2 Aero (GONE)

Mon Jan 02, 2006 8:48 pm
Profile WWW

New post 
crapking wrote:

Thanks - of course I only have ONE nice vehicle, as opposed to your three... :mrgreen:

Wed Jan 04, 2006 9:01 pm

New post 
TiAgZ4 wrote:
crapking wrote:

Thanks - of course I only have ONE nice vehicle, as opposed to your three... :mrgreen:

My friend...I remember when I was flat broke and my NICE vehicle was the city bus!!! haha
Now that I think about it...no wonder it was so hard getting a date :-(

2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged (GONE)
2000 Porsche C2 Aero (GONE)

Thu Jan 05, 2006 1:51 pm
Profile WWW

New post 
Very nice car man....I really want to see this one in person.

Thu Jan 05, 2006 2:41 pm
The Genius

New post 
crapking wrote:
TiAgZ4 wrote:
crapking wrote:

My friend...I remember when I was flat broke and my NICE vehicle was the city bus!!! haha
Now that I think about it...no wonder it was so hard getting a date :-(

Life Cliffs? :mrgreen:

Fri Jan 06, 2006 1:51 pm
Resident Prick

New post 
Congrats.

MkV R32 - Deep Blue - #1488
| Hardwired V1 | Pioneer AVIC Z120BT | Focal 165VR3 | Focal 165V30 | JL Audio 10W6v2 | JL Audio HD 900/5 | OEM Dash Cubby | TunerDomes LEDs | R Line Floor Mats | Bilstein PSS10 | H&R Rear Sway | C2 Power-Flash | EVOMS V-Flow Intake | Magnaflow Sport Exhaust | Adam's Rotors | 19" Work VS-XX |
DBC Tuning

Tue Jan 10, 2006 9:41 pm
Reply to topic  [ 29 posts ]