Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home1/strictly/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home1/strictly/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home1/strictly/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home1/strictly/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 991: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3778: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3779: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
Strictly European Autosport - View topic - Featured Car - Harold's 1997 BMW M3
It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:41 am

Reply to topic  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Featured Car - Harold's 1997 BMW M3 
Post Whore

New post Featured Car - Harold's 1997 BMW M3
Ok I got it all up! You can thank Jeremy for all the photo editing! He did a really good job on making these pictures come to life. So here you go, click on the pic to see the feature!

Keep up with important information.....Click here....

Last edited by SooprmanX on Sun Aug 06, 2006 2:03 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Sun Jan 15, 2006 5:36 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Little McGyver

New post 
Harold's 1997 BMW M3
We feel this is one prime example of a well done M3.......
By Ruben Pina Jr.
Photography by Ruben Pina Jr.
Photos edited by Jeremy Kiniski
January 2006

What can I say about Harold? He has been around since day one and hasn't missed a step along the way. Everyone can thank Harold for all the great cruises we have had so far because he is the one that has planned every single one of them. He is the brains behind a lot of the things we do. If I need any advice or help on making a decision on something for the club, Harold is one of the people I call on for help. He has truly been a good friend and a great club member. So this goes to Harold, the crazy driver that has been around since day one.

When we started up this club it was just a few friends, a few dubheads. Well on our first meet that we setup Harold and his buddies pulled in rolling strong. Harold's car stuck out because of the beautiful color. And yes, it is the stock Estorilblau metallic blue. This isn't Harold's first car either. This is just one in the long line of cars that Harold has had. And by no means are they just European……Harold has had anything from classic Chevelle's to S-10's to BMW's to Chrysler LeBaron's! And every last one of them had Harold's fingerprint on them. He has always said that he wants to make sure, no matter what he is driving, that it is different from every other car on the road.

Like with his other cars, he doesn't follow a guideline on what to do next. He does his research when it comes to performance modifications and goes with what looks best when it comes to anything else. This was the philosophy he would follow when he purchased this car. His car has a motto of “Subtle improvements only”, and I couldn't agree more. The sleek lines of this car really bring out how beautiful it really is. When asked what the favorite part of this car is, without hesitation he answers “My favorite part is the front lip extension. It really makes it different.”

Harold's aim is to have a “driver's car” that he can comfortably drive and enjoy at the same time. He doesn't want the fastest car around nor does he want the nicest show car in the bunch. He says it's not worth it to him if it wont allow him to enjoy the drive . He admits that although he absolutely loves the car, he doesn't drive the car on a daily basis. He leaves that job up to his monster of an Accord :p This car only sees the light of day on weekends or whenever SEA meets up. Anytime other than that this car is tucked away nicely in the garage.

His ideal day with the car would be “a morning wash and an afternoon cruise with the members of SEA. Nothing better than being out in the country running around the back roads, windows down, and my favorite song on the radio.” If Harold gets bored of the road he has a flip out screen DVD player to keep the excitement going. Most of the cruises you will catch Harold playing the Mischief videos, the whole reason for him even being in the European car scene. I guess that's why he is always flying down those roads!

When asked who the biggest critic of his car is, he answers “I guess I am but my wife really lets me know if she doesn't like something on the car.” And being that Harold only rates his car a 2 out of 10, I guess it holds true that he is his biggest critic. The reasoning behind giving it a 2 out of 10 is that he has a laundry list of modifications left to do on the car. He says that next up is coilovers and wheels. And he isn't spoiling any secrets about what wheels he is looking to buy, but I am sure we can expect something very nice. He says for coilovers he will probably end up going with the PSS9's by Bilstein since he has heard such good things about them, hence the high price.

All in all, I think this is one beautiful car. I have heard Harold talk about possibly going supercharged so I can't wait to see what is in store for this car in the next year. Stick around and check out what becomes of this ride along with all our other members' rides. In the meantime, keep it safe, keep moddin' and see you at the next meet!

Pictures:
http://www.strictlyea.com/pictures/members/harold/cotm/

Congrats on COTM Harold! Those pics are really great, I think the train yard backdrop was a good idea. :thumbsup:

Sun Jan 15, 2006 5:40 pm

New post 
Very nice pictures. Awesome car! Congratulations, Harold!

Remus exhaust
19" Breyton Kompetition II in Nitto NT555's 265/30-ZR19 f; 275/30-ZR19 r.

Sun Jan 15, 2006 5:58 pm

New post 
Haha, I knew it!!
You deserve it Harold, the car's lookin real sharp!
Very nice pictures guys, I love the backdrops!

Sun Jan 15, 2006 6:27 pm
Post Whore

New post 
Thanks guys on the compliments for the photos. Jeremy did some heavy editing on them and they came out great. The place where we took the pictures is on Kelly Air Force base, it is actually one of our customers (for my dad's business). I was there on the Friday before we took the pictures and was like "So......are you all opened on Sundays?" Because I knew it would be a perfect place to take pics. :mrgreen: It turned out like it was perfect.

This is my favorite picture. I think it came out really good. :thumbsup: I have it as my desktop......
(click for larger version)

Sun Jan 15, 2006 8:21 pm
Profile YIM WWW
EuroTuned

New post 
congrats Harold........ :cry2: .......your my boy blue. hehe

Sun Jan 15, 2006 8:45 pm
The Genius

New post 
That's my favorite picture too, I just wish the car was facing "in" towards the frame. I really brought out the paint on that one though, it looks great.

The location on these (I don't know if you really knew why you liked it so much) was great for this blue car, the orange train cars compliment the blue so much, as does the sky in some of the pictures. With the location + the car it was hard not to make these pictures look good, I had good stuff to work with. Congrats harrold, looks great. :thumbsup:

Sun Jan 15, 2006 9:03 pm
Post Whore

New post 
I knew nothing about bringing the colors out and stuff. I just saw it was a tight place to take pics. :mrgreen:

Sun Jan 15, 2006 9:18 pm
Profile YIM WWW
The Genius

New post 
Here's the hi-res for that first picture too, that one came out really good as well.

http://www.strictlyea.com/features/images/1high.jpg

Just a quick example of the chops, kinda hard to tell on the low-res...

Sun Jan 15, 2006 9:21 pm
Post Whore

New post 
All unedited photos are here --> http://www.strictlyea.com/pictures/memb ... m/unedited

Huge difference.

Sun Jan 15, 2006 9:33 pm
Profile YIM WWW

New post 
Wow, great photos and editing. Whats Harolds username? Im not familiar with the car or name.

Sun Jan 15, 2006 11:57 pm
Post Whore

New post 
Fast1 :thumbsup:

Mon Jan 16, 2006 12:02 am
Profile YIM WWW

New post 
Ohhh, duh. Nevermind I knew that.

Mon Jan 16, 2006 12:11 am

New post 
Beautiful colors!

Mon Jan 16, 2006 1:02 am
O RLY

New post 
I'm so proud of our boy!!

Mon Jan 16, 2006 9:20 am
Profile WWW
SEA Supporter

New post 
Thanks Ruben and everyone else for the kind words and for COTM. I was so shocked to see it on here. I mean really the write up was really nice and pleasant. Thanks so much. I hope to live up to the espirit de corpse. Now it's time to celebrate with a cruise :supz: and after :partyman: :thumbsup:

Mon Jan 16, 2006 11:50 am

New post 
Awesome pictures and location choice...

congrats Harold!!!! car looks sweet. Now change that sig!!!

Mon Jan 16, 2006 12:41 pm

New post 
that is one sick car!!

VDO boost gauge, steering colum gauge pod, APR Tuned, Forge 007, Neuspeed CAI, H&R, Mintex pads, GHL 3" TB, Neuspeed 28MM RSB, Neuspeed Strut Tower Brace, Deisel Geek Skid plate, //14.9143 @ 91.71 MPH//

Last edited by 04VdubGLI on Mon Jan 16, 2006 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Jan 16, 2006 1:39 pm
Profile YIM WWW
SEA Supporter

New post 
Damn man... Very nice car, your engine bay is so damn clean!!! hell, your hole car is so damn clean!!!

jake. wrote:
why do people thing that there will be less traction with stretched tires? the contact points will still be the same, its only the sidewall that gets stretched.

Mon Jan 16, 2006 1:41 pm
SEA black-sheep

New post 
Congrats Harold :partyman:

Mon Jan 16, 2006 2:52 pm

New post 
a330ci wrote:

Mon Jan 16, 2006 4:45 pm
Reposter of the Century!

New post 
a330ci wrote:

Mon Jan 16, 2006 5:01 pm
SEA Supporter

New post 
Thanks again everybody! Sure makes you feel good with all these compliments. My car appreciates it soo much that it wants to take everybody out all over town. For a cruise that is. :thumbsup: Seriously though it really makes all the hard work worth it in the end to have even just one person say nice car is enough. Thanks guys.... :cry2:

Mon Jan 16, 2006 7:28 pm

New post 
Sweet looking car! Congrats on the COTM too :) The pictures turned out really nice - I guess that means Ruben had a camera that was actually CHARGED this time (sorry Ruben, couldn't resist)

Sat Jan 21, 2006 1:23 am
SEA Supporter

New post 
:rofl:

jake. wrote:
why do people thing that there will be less traction with stretched tires? the contact points will still be the same, its only the sidewall that gets stretched.

Sat Jan 21, 2006 1:28 am
Post Whore

New post 
TiAgZ4 wrote:
Sweet looking car! Congrats on the COTM too :) The pictures turned out really nice - I guess that means Ruben had a camera that was actually CHARGED this time (sorry Ruben, couldn't resist)

Haha yeah I made sure it was charged this time. :mrgreen:

Sat Jan 21, 2006 10:06 am
Profile YIM WWW
Administrator

New post 
to tell the truth, i have NEVER liked BMW. but man that is HOTT.

Sat Jan 28, 2006 11:42 pm
Profile YIM WWW
SEA black-sheep

New post 
DuncMan wrote:
to tell the truth, i have NEVER liked BMW. but man that is HOTT.
Why have you NEVER liked BMW? What, the roundel not good enough fer ya?

Sun Jan 29, 2006 2:09 pm
Resident Prick

New post 
Harold finally gets his well-deserved recognition. The photos are outstanding.

MkV R32 - Deep Blue - #1488
| Hardwired V1 | Pioneer AVIC Z120BT | Focal 165VR3 | Focal 165V30 | JL Audio 10W6v2 | JL Audio HD 900/5 | OEM Dash Cubby | TunerDomes LEDs | R Line Floor Mats | Bilstein PSS10 | H&R Rear Sway | C2 Power-Flash | EVOMS V-Flow Intake | Magnaflow Sport Exhaust | Adam's Rotors | 19" Work VS-XX |
DBC Tuning

Sun Jan 29, 2006 2:44 pm
Token Leghumper

New post 
i'll agree on good choice of COTM. i really would love to have a M3 sedan... you guys know me - i prefer sedans. ;)

Sun Jan 29, 2006 2:59 pm
Reply to topic  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next