Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home1/strictly/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home1/strictly/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home1/strictly/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 379

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home1/strictly/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 112
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 991: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3778: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3779: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
Strictly European Autosport - View topic - Featured Event - Hot Water Blast 2009
It is currently Thu May 25, 2017 2:16 pm

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
Featured Event - Hot Water Blast 2009 
Post Whore

New post Featured Event - Hot Water Blast 2009
This year will go down as the year of the bags. I know, some people say bags are for groceries and that they don't belong on cars but take a look at the pictures from this show and I think it could change anyone's mind. I know it is now something on the to do list for my car sometime in the next year or so. This year the turnout was much better than last year and one other thing that set this year apart from the other years was the fact that there was so much creativity. I think there was more different looks and interesting use of displays than I have seen.

The weather for this show couldn't have been better. The sun was shining all day but not enough to make it burning hot. For most of the beginning of the show people were wearing small jackets with a nice breeze that continued throughout the day. Perfect weather for a great car show; what more could you ask for?. This year there was no charge for spectator entrance so that also made for a good turnout. There was representation from the south with the Volkspeed guys, from Dallas with the DFDubs guys, EuropeanAG from Houston and of course StrictlyEA guys from San Antonio. It was well rounded and lots of new cars this year that weren't around last year. It says a lot about how much the scene in evolving when you don't see the same cars year after year. Even the cars that continue to show up every year have stepped up their game with all new mods and all new looks. The rest of the country needs to keep their eyes out on the scene in Texas, it's going to be something to be reckoned with in the coming years.

I've said it a million times and I hate to sound like a broken record....But the one thing I find most attractive about these local Volkwagen car shows and Volkswagen enthusiasts is the abundance of creativity. It always puts a smile on my face to see a not only a nice setup, but a setup that can make you say "Wow!" I thought it was a nice touch, some of the cars with a bagged setup, had their "trash" and "useless parts" box with coilovers in it. A look around at the sound systems yielded some really cool subwoofer boxes as well. I especially liked the suitcase/subwoofer box in the Mark 2 GTI with the BBS RS's.

I'm going to be honest with ya'll, I have been really busy with work and a newly purchased house so I don't have too much time to write a lengthy article like I usually do. :p But I promise next time I will do it. Let's me just finish in saying that this show really got me motivated to finish some things that I have been working on with my car. It has also given me some appreciation for the direction that a lot of the cars are headed here in the great state of Texas. Volkfest is coming up in August, Tower of America's show in September, and Autumnbahn in October. So the show season is officially kicked off and I'm looking forward to what I see the rest of the year. See you guys around!

Pictures:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=15636
http://www.strictlyea.com/pictures/2009 ... 262009hwb/

Keep up with important information.....Click here....

Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:29 pm
Profile YIM WWW

New post Re: Featured Event - Hot Water Blast 2009
good write up

Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:02 am
Profile WWW

the angry gnome is going to get you!

banana bike HD 883

matt

Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:22 am

Cool pics, It's always good when you post up with your pics as they tell a story that almost makes me feel like I attended. The show is more than just a series of pictures of the cars that showed, but also what the characters that were behind the wheel did while they were there. Thanks !
Jimbo

Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:52 am
Profile ICQ

OMG!!!it drifter LOGAN!!! lol.............excuse my mam i was wondering if u could buy me a taco??

Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:24 am
Profile WWW
Administrator

Cleaver! Seems to be more and more people doing this. Not as good as Bob's plate though. ;)

1979 Chevy Malibu Classic 2Dr
1984 VW Rabbit GTI
1984 VW Rabbit Cabby
1985 Porsche 944 N/A
1987 Dodge Caravan
1988 VW Scirocco 16V
1989 Honda Accord 4Dr
1994 VW Jetta 2.slow
2004 Mercedes-Benz ML500
2006 Mercedes-Benz C230 Sport

Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:39 am
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
BM Double Jew

ruben 2 pictures of yourself lul.

Thanks.

Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:33 pm

Good write up. I agree with all of it. Next time you start flashing your camera, I'm gonna make the effort to sit up-right....ugh :puke: *lol*

Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:14 pm
Profile WWW
Post Whore

Lo wrote:
Good write up. I agree with all of it. Next time you start flashing your camera, I'm gonna make the effort to sit up-right....ugh :puke: *lol*

Always have to be ready! :mrgreen:

Jimbo Roberts wrote:
Cool pics, It's always good when you post up with your pics as they tell a story that almost makes me feel like I attended. The show is more than just a series of pictures of the cars that showed, but also what the characters that were behind the wheel did while they were there. Thanks !
Jimbo

Werd. I think the cruise up there, the stops along the way, etc. are the best part. Thanks for noticing because it is one thing I concentrate on. And Steve is just so dang sexy.... :rofl:

Keep up with important information.....Click here....

Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:51 pm
Profile YIM WWW

these are just wow!!!

Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:24 pm
Profile YIM

this is how we roll. cant wait for this years show

banana bike HD 883

matt

Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:03 am