Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home1/strictly/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home1/strictly/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home1/strictly/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home1/strictly/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 991: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3778: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3779: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
Strictly European Autosport - View topic - Featured Event - Hot Water Blast 2006
It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:35 pm

Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ] 
Featured Event - Hot Water Blast 2006 
Post Whore

New post Featured Event - Hot Water Blast 2006
Hot Water Blast 2006! I had never been to a Hot Water Blast since this year and had a great time. The trek up to Houston to see some of the sickest dubs in Texas is always worth the trip. I wanted to make sure this year I didn't go alone so I posted it on the forums and made sure that there would be a few of us making up there. We ended up rolling into Houston with 9 cars which isn't too bad but there is room for improvement next year.

It ended up taking us 4 hours to get there because of all the pit stops we made, including the obligatory stop at good ole Buckee's. But it was nice to get out and drive the whip. I haven't been out on a long trip in my GTI since I brought it home from Florida and it was good to get it out and get some fresh air. It does get kind of tricky though when you are trying to drive with 10 cars and keeping everyone together.

Once we got there I was immediately amazed. The quality of cars was something you don't typically see in San Antonio and the amount of hooked up dubs was something never seen in San Antonio, at least by me. European Auto Gruppe and Club Volkspeed showed up in usual fashion. It always amazes me to see Club Volkspeed coming to almost every big car show in Texas even when they are all the way from McAllen. Those are some real troopers for ya! And EAG, not surprisingly rolled in with about 40 or so cars. And they don't just fill those numbers with normal, everyday rides either. These are some high class cars that they are bringing, almost none of them in stock form.

It was also a good surprise to see so many new Mark V's at the show. I haven't had a chance to see any of them up close in San Antonio yet. I have seen a handful of GLI's driving around but have yet to see a Mark V GTI. The one you see on the left was from Club Volkspeed and already have a Reiger front lip, side skirts, and rear apron on it! The only complaint I have about the new V-dubs is that they are sitting so high in stock form! But I guess you have
to expect that from Volkswagen, they have been doing it for years. That just leaves you room to slam it though! I also wasn't too hot on the wheels but I think I could deal with it if I needed to. :D

Didn't take me long to find some hardcore MK3'ers either. I love to see a creatively modded MK3. I mean what you see in this pic might not appeal to everyone, but I love it! I mean who thinks of painting their hood with chalkboard paint so that people can leave comments on it? Brilliant I say! His buddy sitting next to him and another white MK3 GTI were also modded very nicely in following the "Rat Stylez" look. There were other MK3's that didn't follow the "Rat Stylez" look but were equally as beautiful. The red MK3 GTI that won best MK3 GTI was absolutely gorgeous with so much done to it. Kelly's Corrado rarely makes car show appearances because it is always under the knife but it was present at this show and was simply amazing sporting the very rare BBS RN's.

There was no shortage of hooked up MK4's either. Everywhere you looked you saw another MK4 that took your eyes off the one you were currently looking at. The one you see on the left though is truly amazing. I might be a bit biased on this one because I absolutely love the Imola yellow and I love 20th's but this was just one amazing car. Just the attention to detail on the car was amazing. This was the same with most of the other MK4's around the
show. They all seemed to be fitted with at least some nice wheels and good suspension. Many of the MK4's were fitted with some tasteful body kits, boser hoods, front mount intercoolers, intake, exhaust, chip, and too many other things to go through. One car that really caught my eye was the black GLI with the BBS CH's on it. Wow! I mean this car might not have had all the crazy mods that everything else did, but those wheels, color, body kit, and a few other things really did it for me. The picture I took of it didn't come out too well but if you look through Zerin's photos you will see a picture of it.

There was also a very good mix of different cars that you don't usually expect to be there. Take a look at the blue Beetle on the right over there. Why does it have so many trophies, it is just a normal Beetle right? Wrong! This thing had a laundry list of modifications, none of which were cheap. This was a 4-motion, Stage 3 1.8 turbo monster. I couldn't believe the attention to detail and the quality of work that went into this car. This was definitely the best custom car I have seen in a while. There were other notables though. Rich's VW caddy was so great! I loved the "Dub Force" stickers on the side, MK2 Recaro seats, and the rat in the center console. There is nothing like an old school dubber out there reppin' his old school V-dub.

All together I had a lot of fun at the show. I got to see a lot of Houston peeps that I hadn't seen in a while and got to see their rides really transform into something nice. Take a look at Ramon's right over there. I remember when he first bought this ride and it was all stock. It didn't stay stock for long, and is not sitting with some Lambo doors, supercharged, and almost every other mod you could do to this car. And the amazing thing is he had done all the work
himself! But the same was with most the other cars I haven't seen in a while, all different from the last time I had seen them.

Hopefully next year will be just as good and we can take more people along for the ride. We won one trophy this year and hope to do better next year. But it scares me to think of what the rides will look like next year if they are already as tight as they are. Oh wells, gives me more inspiration to make that money and mod that whip! Till next time guys, happy moddin'!

Pictures:
http://www.speedsportlife.com/photopost ... 40&cat=972
http://www.strictlyea.com/pictures/hwb2006/

Keep up with important information.....Click here....

Last edited by SooprmanX on Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Mar 28, 2006 8:56 pm
Profile YIM WWW

New post 
took so long it was only 3 days ago :-? . good write up (even though there were no pics of the best of show winner :ninja: )

spence

Tue Mar 28, 2006 9:26 pm
Profile WWW
Post Whore

New post 
mk3ofdoom wrote:
took so long it was only 3 days ago :-? . good write up (even though there were no pics of the best of show winner :ninja: )

I know, there were a few cars that I didn't get pics of either because the picture came out blurry or because there were too many people around the car for me to get a good picture. That's why I linked to Zerin's pics so that they could see everything.

And btw, this is the car I was talking about when I said it was sooooo sick.

Tue Mar 28, 2006 9:30 pm
Profile YIM WWW

New post 
yeah thats jose's (dominikin) car

spence

Tue Mar 28, 2006 10:27 pm
Profile WWW
Site Sponsor

New post 
Great write up and pictures of the show. SEA can be proud of a first class web site, forum, and club. It was good to see SA represented at an out-of-town show. You are all winners. :thumbsup:

Wed Mar 29, 2006 2:08 pm
Post Whore

New post 
D-Witt wrote:
Great write up and pictures of the show. SEA can be proud of a first class web site, forum, and club. It was good to see SA represented at an out-of-town show. You are all winners. :thumbsup:

Thanks Dale.

Wed Mar 29, 2006 2:11 pm
Profile YIM WWW

New post 
werd

'99 GTI VR6 R.I.P
'01 MUSTANG GT

Wed Mar 29, 2006 2:14 pm
EuroTuned

New post 
SooprmanX wrote:
mk3ofdoom wrote:

I know, there were a few cars that I didn't get pics of either because the picture came out blurry or because there were too many people around the car for me to get a good picture. That's why I linked to Zerin's pics so that they could see everything.

And btw, this is the car I was talking about when I said it was sooooo sick.

my personal favorite as well.............

Fri Mar 31, 2006 2:19 pm
Token Leghumper

New post 
the CH's MAKE that car....

Fri Mar 31, 2006 2:46 pm
EuroTuned

New post 
yep..... :bowdown:

Sat Apr 01, 2006 4:43 pm
Godless Heathen™

New post 
Is it just me or does "Hot Water Blast" seem like a weird name for a car show? :\

Sat Apr 01, 2006 5:00 pm
Profile WWW
Post Whore

New post 
Nah not really. It used to be put on by the H2o car club in Houston. H2O meaning water for water cooled VW's as oppsed to air cooled VW's. And so it is a Hot Water Blast since it is a lot of water cooled VW's.

Sat Apr 01, 2006 5:03 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Godless Heathen™

New post 
Well there ya go then, that makes sense. ;)

Ya know, I'm sure a lot of you will mock me and call me crazy since I don't even really like 'verts, buuuuutt....

I think Rob's (?I think, ABTsportsline) cab is probably the sexiest VW on this board. I love that car, it always grabs my eye. :)

Sat Apr 01, 2006 5:10 pm
Profile WWW
Post Whore

New post 
I'd have to agree with you Jeff.

Sat Apr 01, 2006 5:12 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Token Leghumper

New post 
jeffrey wrote:
Well there ya go then, that makes sense. ;)

Ya know, I'm sure a lot of you will mock me and call me crazy since I don't even really like 'verts, buuuuutt....

I think Rob's (?I think, ABTsportsline) cab is probably the sexiest VW on this board. I love that car, it always grabs my eye. :)

thank you sir! :thumbsup:
and my car even has A/C and a radio! :mrgreen:

Sat Apr 01, 2006 6:08 pm
Godless Heathen™

New post 
ABTsportsline wrote:

Cool. :)

So when you take me for a ride in it you can put the top up, crank some tunes and blast the A/C so we're comfy. :D :partyman:

Sun Apr 02, 2006 3:11 am
Profile WWW
Token Leghumper

New post 
jeffrey wrote:
ABTsportsline wrote:

Cool. :)

So when you take me for a ride in it you can put the top up, crank some tunes and blast the A/C so we're comfy. :D :partyman:

just bring the 13 muses CD so we can crank that sh!t..... and the top needs to be DOWN, thats the point! :mrgreen:

Sun Apr 02, 2006 4:16 am
Godless Heathen™

New post 
CD's... man, the more I think about the CD's the more it irritates me it's not finished! Blah!

I'm so freakin' impatient. ><

Sun Apr 02, 2006 11:54 am
Profile WWW
Token Leghumper

New post 
jeffrey wrote:
CD's... man, the more I think about the CD's the more it irritates me it's not finished! Blah!

well screw you then i'll just download each mp3 from your site and burn my own 13 muses CD!! :finga:

Sun Apr 02, 2006 12:22 pm
Godless Heathen™

New post 
ABTsportsline wrote:
jeffrey wrote:

well screw you then i'll just download each mp3 from your site and burn my own 13 muses CD!! :finga:

Hey that works too. :)

We're hoping for the CD Release show in May, though we may push it back to June so we can advertise for like 6 weeks.

I want to advertise like craaaaaaaaazy. :)

Sun Apr 02, 2006 10:18 pm
Profile WWW
Post Whore

New post 
jeffrey wrote:

You self promoting?? No way! :mrgreen:

Sun Apr 02, 2006 10:40 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Token Leghumper

New post 
jeffrey wrote:
ABTsportsline wrote:
jeffrey wrote:

Hey that works too. :)

We're hoping for the CD Release show in May, though we may push it back to June so we can advertise for like 6 weeks.

too late, already made the CD. i caned "breathe" to death in my car tonight... .listened to it about 15 times...

Sun Apr 02, 2006 10:45 pm
Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]