Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home1/strictly/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home1/strictly/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home1/strictly/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home1/strictly/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 991: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3778: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3779: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
Strictly European Autosport - View topic - Featured Car - Bobby's 1999 BMW 328i
It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:24 am

Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ] 
Featured Car - Bobby's 1999 BMW 328i 
The Genius

New post Featured Car - Bobby's 1999 BMW 328i
This month's featured car is Bobby's 1999 BMW 328i. As winner of the "Best Custom BMW" award at the H20 motorsports show, you won't want to miss the writeup on his car! Be sure to check back soon for more information. Until then, here is a teaser....

Sun May 15, 2005 9:26 pm

New post 
Bobby Nguyen's 1999 BMW 328i
It's not everyday you see a yellow BMW, much less one worth mentioning....

By Ruben Pina Jr.
Photography by Jeremy Kenisky
June 2005

There are not many cars at San Antonio College worth a second take. However, every time I saw this 328i sitting or driving through the parking lot it always warranted a second look. Maybe it is the yellow paint job, the outrageous body kit, the sick 19's with the polished lip. Whatever it was, the car really stands out. However, it wasn't easy getting the car where it is today. It has taken work, dedication, patience, and, above all, money.

This car started its life as a bone stock 328i when Bobby got a hold of it back in 2001. What was his reason for buying this car? "Because it is the ultimate driving machine, duh!" says Bobby. However, as ultimate as it was, it didn't stay in stock form for long. Bobby says he bought the car knowing he would mod it. He said he didn't want to allow the car to be just another BMW; he wanted a BMW that would be set apart from the rest. And a mighty fine job he has done if I say so myself.

During the first few weeks of ownership Bobby had already been keeping his eye out for what type of body kit he would be putting on his ride. It didn't take long before he found an M3 front bumper with splitter, Reiger sides and rear that caught his eye. With the new body kit sitting in his garage Bobby contemplated over what color he would be repainting his then white 328i. After weeks of deciding what color to paint it, he finally decided on yellow. And not just any yellow, Ferrari Modena yellow.

When asked what is the one thing that Bobby could not live without on his car he responds with, "the rims definitely." And I couldn't agree more. The staggered 19" Stern ST1's add so much to the car that they are almost necessary. One thing he could live without though is the automatic transmission. That is the only thing that Bobby dislikes about his ride. Problems that he faced during the making of this show stopper are one problem that every car tuner faces, money. "Just because it's a BMW, performance shops think you have money and charge you more." says Bobby. Ad it's not only the performance shops that give him heat. His girlfriend and family continually tell Bobby that the car is a waste of money. However, with all the attention that he gets from the car, he adamantly disagrees, although he does sometimes wonder if the money was all spent the right way.

With much more in store for this "Yella BM-Dubya" there is little doubt that this car will be stopping traffic and snapping necks for a long time. We have no doubt that Bobby will continue to make his car better and better and we will stick around for the ride. We appreciate Bobby joining our club and hope to see him become and active part of our club. Stay tuned in the forums for more updates and changes to his car and all the other cars in our club.

Click here for Forum Discussion
Owner info: YLWBMW
Name: Bobby Nguyen
Occupation: Nail tech (lol) Talk **** all you want but, when you make $3000-$4000 a month then you can talk!
Vehicle Specs:
Year: 1999
Make: BMW
Color: Modena Ferrari Yellow
Model: 328i
Engine: 2.8 liter

Engine Modifications: Shark injector chip, Euro-Sport CAI, BB Tri-Flo exhaust
Transmission Modifications: Stock
Suspension Modifications: Stock
Brake Modifications: Cross-drilled rotors
Wheels and Tires: 19x8.5 19x9.5 inch Stern ST1's hyper black, Toyo Proxes TLS 245/30/19 and 265/30/19
Exterior/Body Modifications: Yellow paint job, molded grilled to hood, M3 front bumper w/splitter, Reiger replica rear and sides,
blackout grill, 20% tint, yellow and black roundels
Interior Modifications: Yellow trim panels, yellow shift knob, yellow interior lights, white face gauges, yellow gauge rings
Mobile Electronics: Kenwood Excelon head unit X579, 2 12" Kicker Comp VR's, 1000 watt class D Rockford Fosgate amp mono, custom bass control knob
Lighting Modifications: HID 8000k headlights, Xenon blue corner lights, smoked headlight, smoked tail lights, smoked side markers, smoked clear corners, JLevi angel eyes, M3 fog lights
Shoutouts: Give a shot out to the whole StrictlyEA crew, and especially Ruben for recruiting me hahaha, and Jeremy for taking the photos of my car. It was nice meeting everybody else too.

Pictures:
http://www.strictlyea.com/pictures/members/bobby/cotm/

nice

Sun May 15, 2005 11:01 pm
Profile WWW
Do Not Purchase stuff from me.

New post 
thats a sweet car :bowdown:

1986 BMW 325e *SOLD 2/17/2005*
1989 BMW 325i *Sold*

Mon May 16, 2005 1:46 pm

New post 
dam the cougie should of won !!!! its ok IBnocareitsstillfaster!

Mon May 16, 2005 3:08 pm
Post Whore

New post 
Yeah the bling was added in photoshop but that car is still great. Just have to watch out for those walls! (inside joke)

Keep up with important information.....Click here....

Mon May 16, 2005 8:46 pm
Profile YIM WWW

New post what walls
SooprmanX wrote:
Yeah the bling was added in photoshop but that car is still great. Just have to watch out for those walls! (inside joke)

LOL donuts anyone? ok ok maybe half a donut. real funny ruben. bad teacher. dat woulda been ****** up if i woulda hit it.

hey jeremy how many mega pixels is ur camera? and did the sky really look like dat or did u pshop it?

Tue May 17, 2005 12:32 am
Post Whore

New post Re: what walls
YLWBMW wrote:
LOL donuts anyone? ok ok maybe half a donut. real funny ruben. bad teacher. dat woulda been ****** up if i woulda hit it.

hey jeremy how many mega pixels is ur camera? and did the sky really look like dat or did u pshop it?

It was the tires I swear! Haha.

The sky is PS'ed

Tue May 17, 2005 7:12 am
Profile YIM WWW
Reposter of the Century!

New post 
ahh yes, you can do so much with photoshop :) ... haha yea the donuts were pretty funny yet very scary Image

Tue May 17, 2005 10:38 am
The Genius

New post 
Sky was photoshopped. That camera I used to take pictures of your car was like.... 3.2MP... My camera (which I hardly use) is 5MP. I'm going to start bringing it to the shows and stuff, it usually takes pretty good pictures.

Tue May 17, 2005 11:45 am
EuroTuned

New post 
oh yea that is an awesome car maybe post some pics of the entire car for those who didnt get to see it in person. :thumbsup:

Tue May 17, 2005 12:33 pm

New post 
I'm still waiting for the write-up. You know, something along the lines of the questions for car of the month on the vortex. What was your inspiration? who did the work? what's next? what don't you like? we're waiting!!

Tue May 17, 2005 3:16 pm
Profile YIM
The Genius

New post 
Sorry, this is the last week of school and I've been really busy. It will be here by the weekend, I hope! :)

Last edited by Jeremy on Wed Jun 01, 2005 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue May 17, 2005 6:24 pm

New post 
excuses excuses, didn't you read ruben's post on how he goes to school, works, coaches baseball and still has time to teach naked mole rats the macarena? baila con migo.......heeyyyy macarena! aaaayy!!

Wed May 18, 2005 2:01 am
Profile YIM
The Genius

New post 
I go to highschool (worse than college), it's the last week, I work 2 jobs at 2 very far away studios, and I just finished coaching an AAU basketball team... GTFO. haha just kidding. Yeah hopefully we can get it up this weekend, I have some really cool ideas; this is going to be magazine quality!

Wed May 18, 2005 8:19 am
Post Whore

New post 
This will actually be the June car of the month. I will do the write up and everything tonight and tomorrow. I will have it up by the weekend hopefully. :thumbsup:

Wed Jun 01, 2005 4:27 pm
Profile YIM WWW

New post 
Very nice car :supz: Good job with the photoshop :thumbsup: How many pics will be posted for car of the month

Thu Jun 02, 2005 10:57 pm

New post 
Nice. I like the idea too.

Fri Jun 03, 2005 1:31 am
Profile YIM

New post 
SooprmanX wrote:
This will actually be the June car of the month. I will do the write up and everything tonight and tomorrow. I will have it up by the weekend hopefully. :thumbsup:

wow at this rate we should just make it car of the year. just to get the pressure off u ruben. lol J/K man i know u is crazy busy cant wait to see the write up on that badass car. wish i had one... how was the meet and the cruise man, sorry i couldnt make it i was in Vegas. See yall at the next one hopefully.

Fri Jun 03, 2005 9:35 am
EuroTuned

New post 
YLWBMW wrote:
SooprmanX wrote:

wow at this rate we should just make it car of the year. just to get the pressure off u ruben. lol J/K man i know u is crazy busy cant wait to see the write up on that badass car. wish i had one... how was the meet and the cruise man, sorry i couldnt make it i was in Vegas. See yall at the next one hopefully.

See ya there mann :thumbsup:

Sat Jun 04, 2005 12:46 pm
Post Whore

New post 
Alright the car of the month page is up! You can go to the homepage, click features, then click Bobby's car or you can click the picture of Bobby's car at the top of this page or you can click the link below!

http://www.strictlyea.com/features/cotm/june2005/

Mon Jun 06, 2005 7:42 pm
Profile YIM WWW

New post 
Great pics. Never really got to see the interior. Awesome car! :thumbsup:

Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:37 pm

New post 
SooprmanX wrote:
Alright the car of the month page is up! You can go to the homepage, click features, then click Bobby's car or you can click the picture of Bobby's car at the top of this page or you can click the link below!

http://www.strictlyea.com/features/cotm/june2005/

looks good ruben. Hey jeremy can u do some photoshops of my car? be creative do wateva u can

Thu Jun 09, 2005 11:52 am
The Genius

New post 
Yeah, I need ruben to host a few of the good pictures in full res....

Thu Jun 09, 2005 12:59 pm
The Genius

New post 
Ruben, can i get the high res of this one

quick ps here at work killing some free time.

Last edited by Jeremy on Thu Jun 09, 2005 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jun 09, 2005 1:00 pm
Post Whore

New post 
Jeremy wrote:
Ruben, can i get the high res of this one

http://www.strictlyea.com/pictures/bobby/P5150352.JPG

http://www.strictlyea.com/pictures/bobb ... 150352.JPG

Thu Jun 09, 2005 1:03 pm
Profile YIM WWW
The Genius

New post 
Our camera just isn't good enough and we didn't have much time to take picutres... now if I rented a nice camera from bestbuy and you let me borrow your car for the weekend it would be a different story. :lol:

Thu Jun 09, 2005 2:15 pm

New post 
Jeremy wrote:
Our camera just isn't good enough and we didn't have much time to take picutres... now if I rented a nice camera from bestbuy and you let me borrow your car for the weekend it would be a different story. :lol:

im in da process of buying the Canon rebel xt digital slr, 8 megapixel 350d from best buy...... just the name alone sounds badass hahaha. we have mod days, cruises, bbq's, meets, car shows, but no PHOTOSHOOT DAY, :-? where jeremy can take all the time he wants and rent my new 1000 dollar camera to take all sorts of pics. and we can hit up different locations for backgrounds......just an idea wat do yall think. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

:partyman: that would have to be me on da right for u to ever drive my car jeremy.

Sat Jun 11, 2005 9:21 pm
The Genius

New post 
Lol na I don't need to drive it I was just playing... but yeah the DSLR's are great cameras and I would love to have a photography day.... We could have a contest :-P

Tue Jun 14, 2005 8:46 pm
Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]