Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home1/strictly/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home1/strictly/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home1/strictly/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 379

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home1/strictly/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home1/strictly/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 991: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3778: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3779: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
Strictly European Autosport - View topic - Featured car - Ian Crosson's 1998 BMW 528i
It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:24 am

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ] 
Featured car - Ian Crosson's 1998 BMW 528i 
Post Whore

New post Featured car - Ian Crosson's 1998 BMW 528i
Well it is much deserved Ian! I am sorry that I have been taking so long to get everything ironed out and together. so everybody do a refesh on the main page and it should come up correctly! :mrgreen: Click the picture below for the article and pictures.

Keep up with important information.....Click here....

Tue Sep 26, 2006 7:19 pm
Profile YIM WWW

New post 
Ian Crosson's 1998 BMW 528i
Who says that small towns can't have nice cars?
By Ruben Pina Jr.
Photography by Ian Crosson
September 2006

Ian has been a loyal member and the leader of our Corpus group for a little over a year now and has been through a few cars so far. Apparently that has been more or less a character trait of his, to go through cars in the time most people change their wardrobe. This is evident by the seven cars he has been through so far that he has been around in the club. Given a few of them weren't European cars (shame on you Ian!) but they all had one thing in common, they were all very well taken care of by Ian's master detailing skills. And this car is no exception. One look at the shine of this car and you can tell that Ian spends some serious time detailing this car.

Ian found this car the same way he found every other car he has owned, through Autotrader magazine. The moment he saw the car and the pictures with it he showed everyone and knew that's the next car that he wanted to add to his list of cars. After he purchased the car the mods came shortly after. Ian is a BMW buff and immediately knew the potential of the car when he bought it. He wanted, however, to keep the car with mods that would add cleanliness to the car; nothing over the top or crazy was every going to touch this car. Ian comments on how the sport suspension is perfect for him "nothing that will jar your bones." He also comments that "it has a really great exhaust system, it just lets you know it's there without deafening you."

Although Ian absolutely loves this car, it has given him his fair share of headaches. Most of us remember the postings of when his clutch exploded on him. I can't imagine being in that predicament! I even remember chatting with Ian and him telling me he just about had it with the car! I am glad he got everything sorted out and decided against selling the car. Ian gives major thanks to his friends Lucas, Jared, and Derrick for helping him remove the transmission twice in the whole project clutch repair saga. They are not afraid to get dirty and help Ian out when it comes to his cars and he appreciates that in his friends. Derrick once helped Ian install his first mod on the car, the real wood shift knob. But to help him he had to open the sunroof, stand on the seats, and pull as hard as he could. He was the only one brave enough to try this tactic and almost went airborne once the shift knob came loose.

Ian thinks the styling of this car is most lined up with what BMW originally designed the car for. The sport suspension and the aero front spoiler really set this car off from other 5 series BMW's. His favorite part of the car is that it is a big car that handles great. He comments on how it handles almost as well as his Z3 did and he pushes it farther and farther each day. His ideal day with this car would be a drive up in the mountains of Little Rock, Arkansas. " The clouds hide the sun, it feels cool outside, and you can't hear anything but my Supersprint exhaust growling to overcome the sound of squealing tires as I apex a turn at 60mph" comments Ian about his drives in Little Rock, Arkansas.

Overall I must say that this is a beautiful example of how a 5 series should look. I agree with Ian when he says coilovers would give this car the perfect stance, but that all can wait. You can catch Ian making his way up to some GTG's here in San Antonio or on our forums. You can also catch him talking to the E39 heads over at Bimmerforums.com regularly. Hopefully we can see even more of the transformation of this 5 series into something even greater, but who knows with Ian. :D

Pictures:
http://www.strictlyea.com/pictures/members/ian/cotm/

nice pics man, christina really likes the ones on ocean drive and the building ones but she really really likes the night shots.

2012 lightning phantom 2

Tue Sep 26, 2006 7:34 pm
The Genius

New post 
hey, you stole those photos from car and driver....

nice pics ian, very nice ;)

Tue Sep 26, 2006 8:01 pm

New post 
Looks great Ian!

Tue Sep 26, 2006 8:48 pm
EuroTuned

New post 
Well deserved... :thumbsup:

Tue Sep 26, 2006 9:28 pm
SEA Supporter

New post 
wow that is soo sex, Ian do NOT sell this car, EVER. And yeah, super charge it.. screw the e30 haha.. that's allready fast enough!

EdIT:

After receiving some major criticism from the e30 guys I have decided you should turbo your e30 and uhm "**** YOUR 5 SERIES"..HAPPY JORDAN?

jake. wrote:
why do people thing that there will be less traction with stretched tires? the contact points will still be the same, its only the sidewall that gets stretched.

Tue Sep 26, 2006 9:42 pm

New post 
very nice car and pictures.

Wed Sep 27, 2006 9:14 am
SEA Supporter

New post 
:supz: First 5 in the featured car. Congrats Ian and love the whip. :thumbsup:

Wed Sep 27, 2006 9:16 am

New post 
Yes, very well deserved, Ian. Congratulations!

On a side note, I dont want to take credit for something I didnt do......the tranny swap that I took no part in. It was the struts that took my sweat, blood and tears!

Wed Sep 27, 2006 9:33 am
SEA Enforcer

New post 
loonibab325i wrote:

After receiving some major criticism from the e30 guys I have decided you should turbo your e30 and uhm "**** YOUR 5 SERIES"..HAPPY JORDAN?

Good boy. Now I don't have to ***** at you also.

1989 Mercedes 190E 2.6 (wife's)
Taking the whole-assed approach to cheap cars, since 1997.

Wed Sep 27, 2006 9:47 am
Profile YIM
The Guru

New post 
Maybe I will turbo the E30 and keep the E39 as a daily. So many options...... I'll just wait for the new job to come through and then decide. If I do go turbo E30, it's 400+hp and no less.

Wed Sep 27, 2006 10:26 am
Profile WWW
The Guru

New post 
Oh and thanks guys. I'll try to make it out to the next SA meet. Working retail though makes it kinda tough......odd hours and all.

Wed Sep 27, 2006 10:27 am
Profile WWW

New post 
IanBMW wrote:
Oh and thanks guys. I'll try to make it out to the next SA meet. Working retail though makes it kinda tough......odd hours and all.

you better make it! and if not just go to oktoberfest :thumbsup: where do you work retail?

banana bike HD 883

matt

Wed Sep 27, 2006 12:50 pm

New post 
pictures do not justify how clean this car looks...well done Ian and well deserved :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Mon Oct 02, 2006 9:14 am

New post 
IanBMW wrote:
If I do go turbo E30, it's 400+hp and no less.

**** you... just... **** you.

BMWCCA 380364

Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:08 am
Profile WWW
The Guru

New post 
Thanks guys. And Jordan don't worry, I change my mind 12 times a day......who knows maybe I'll sell all my vehicles and just daily a Hayabusa with spray......lol ya right.

Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:57 am
Profile WWW

New post 
Good job man. Congrats.

Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:33 am
Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]