Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home1/strictly/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home1/strictly/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home1/strictly/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 379

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home1/strictly/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home1/strictly/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 991: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3778: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3779: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
Strictly European Autosport - View topic - 2nd Year Anniversary Article and Pictures!!
It is currently Thu May 25, 2017 2:16 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
2nd Year Anniversary Article and Pictures!! 
Post Whore

New post 2nd Year Anniversary Article and Pictures!!
Sorry we didn't have an actual event this year guys but read all about these past two years here...

http://www.strictlyea.com/features/2ndanniversary.html

Keep up with important information.....Click here....

Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:39 pm
Profile YIM WWW
SEA Supporter

New post 
Werd up mayne!! it's been the best 2 years of mah life.

Well it has definitely been a great ride thus far. Over this past year we have had some really nice cars come out, memorable GTG's, car shows, detail days, dyno days, cruises, and everything in between. A lot of it, dare I say, has been thanks to the "StrictlyE30 crew". I actually asked Ali to write up an article about the guys with pictures of the cars so that you all can get an inside scoop on the guys. But, needless to say, the pictures came but no article. They, however, have played an important role in where the club is today, holding some of their own mod/detail days, showing up to tons of auto x's, and every in between trying to spur up interest around town. I thank all those guys for that, it really does make a difference for you guys to get out there and hit the streets for the club when I don't have the time and energy to do it.

We also can't deny the power of exposure that we get when we have go to car shows all over Texas. From Houston's Hot Water Blast, San Antonio's Octoberfest, Fiesta de Europa and everywhere in between, we have been hitting those shows one way or another and will continue to do so over the next few months of show season. Sure when we first started there wasn't many of us with anything to really brag about at these car shows but more and more the guys are starting to put some serious money into their cars and are starting to get some recognition and some trophies at the shows. Hopefully this show season will yield some good trophies and some good exposure. There is actually a group of us planning on a trip all the way up to Maryland in September for H2O International. If any of you all reading have a chance to make it up there with us you really should, it is going to be a lot of fun! There is also Autumnbahn 2007 coming up this year, it's the first year this show has been around but it should make for a really good show.

Remember the days when we used to meet out at Barnes and Noble on 1604 and Bandera? Some of you guys weren't around back then but it has been a long transition from there to where we are now. Those were the good ole days, standing in a parking lot, dying of hunger, and talking about cars. We were cool there for a while till we started to get some heat on us for a few guys racing out of there in their cars. For a few months we were bouncing around, trying to find a good place to call home and now we have it at MJM Autohaus. I can definitely say that it was a sigh of relief when Kelly moved into the new place and said it was cool for us to hang out there. Since then we have had some good meets, not as big as the B&N meets, but good nonetheless. It's not always about numbers, but about who you bring. With a less mainstream spot we are able to get the true die hard's and I can't complain. It also doesn't hurt that MJM Autohaus is our biggest sponsor and it helps to bring him some business.

The good ole days of BBQ's. The last one was held at Terrell's house and had a lot of game playing involved. Mostly by Matt, Ali, and Dunc, trying to see who is best at Guitar Hero. Every time we have BBQ's there seems to be great response and a very fun time. Hopefully we can start having some more coming up here soon. I think the only people that are really still around from the picture to the left is my brother Ben. And he doesn't even post that much! So many people that have come and gone over the past two years. So keep an eye out on the event calendar and look out for a good sized BBQ scheduled for sometime this summer at my house. Get some time for some good BBQ, swimming in the pool, making up more stories about your car, etc. :D

Ah, mod/detail days...I used to love them and can't even remember the last time that I scheduled one. The more and more I write this paper the more and more I realize that I need to pick up the slack around here! :p We have done a ton of mods over the past two years and have washed a ton more. Thankfully there hasn't been anything seriously wrong that has gone bad though. Well, other than the BMW from hell incident that is. The one night that Matt ended up staying over till past midnight trying to get the stupid control arm bushings out of the control arms. Yes, we should have had a press but why do it the easy way when we could do it the hard way and spend all night doing one side of the suspension? Ha! But, between some big hammers, chissles, torches, and lots of muscle, we got those things out and got his car back on the road. He was happy to get it back on the road, but his wife was not happy about how late he stayed out!

It has been a rainy, hot, humid summer so far and we have not had the chance to schedule many cruises. It also seems that the days that we do schedule them we get rained out. This summer we promise to give you all one cruise that is worth the time out there. There have been many cruises over the past few years with many good memories and a few not so good ones. For the most part they have been good though. You can't underestimate the knowledge that Harold has in his head for all the roads around Texas that cops don't know about. It's a good thing though because we all know Harold loves to drive fast! Just kidding of course. :p So once again, keep an eye out on the event calendar because there will be a good cruise coming up here in the next few months.

Overall it has been a great two years and I can't complain. I wish I could go down the list and thank all the people that have made this past year possible. But the list would go on forever and, unfortunately, I know no one would read it. But I think it will suffice to say that without such people as Harold and Scott helping from the beginning, the E30 crew helping to get out names out, Mitt and Harold for helping with the cruises, Ian for holding it down in Corpus, the El Paso and Austin crew, and so many more people, this would not be possible. This site, the content in it, the forums, pictures, are all here because of you guys. You guys have all helped to make this site and this club the best San Antonio has to offer. We are a close knit group of guys who are in it first and foremost for the cars. Let's all remember that and we will be able to have many more years of fruition with this club and anything we embark on. This is to the best European club in San Antonio and surrounding areas, Strictly European Autosport. Hoorah!

jake. wrote:
why do people thing that there will be less traction with stretched tires? the contact points will still be the same, its only the sidewall that gets stretched.

Thu Jun 28, 2007 6:39 pm

New post 
SEA is the best! Seriously all of my friends and everyone I know are from SEA. Shoot, I even met my girlfriend at one of the SEA meets! Now she's apart of SEA too. I can't think of a better bunch of guys and gals to spend my time with. Thanks for all the good memories guys! :thumbsup:

btw, nice write up ruben. Unfortunately the e30 crew is starting to die down a bit. Need to get that goin again.

-Ali

Thu Jun 28, 2007 6:50 pm
Profile WWW
SEA Supporter

New post 
haha yeah, i need a beater e30 or something.. anyway not gona steal this thread..

But as Ali said, i met alot of good friends on this forum, too many to list.. I would have no life if it weren't for SEA, no joke haha.

jake. wrote:
why do people thing that there will be less traction with stretched tires? the contact points will still be the same, its only the sidewall that gets stretched.

Thu Jun 28, 2007 6:58 pm
The Guru

New post 
Been some great times, I thought we we're around longer. I wonder how long the corpus chapter has been up.

Thu Jun 28, 2007 7:09 pm
Profile WWW
Post Whore

New post 
IanBMW wrote:
Been some great times, I thought we we're around longer. I wonder how long the corpus chapter has been up.

Since November of 2005. :thumbsup:

Keep up with important information.....Click here....

Thu Jun 28, 2007 7:10 pm
Profile YIM WWW

New post 
SEA is great, if it wasnt for the club i would be pretty lonely. first friends i met were probibly dunc, ian, and ruben. then we all know the rest :mrgreen:

banana bike HD 883

matt

Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:41 pm
Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ]