Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home1/strictly/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home1/strictly/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home1/strictly/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 379
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 991: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3778: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3779: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
Strictly European Autosport - View topic - Featured Event - MJM Autohaus Show and Shine 2007
It is currently Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:45 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
Featured Event - MJM Autohaus Show and Shine 2007 
Post Whore

New post Featured Event - MJM Autohaus Show and Shine 2007
Hot! That's one word I can use to sum up the first annual MJM Autohaus Club Bash Show and Shine BBQ. That not only covers the temperature under the hot Texas sun but the cars lining the parking lot as well. With about 60 Volkswagen/Audi cars showing up it wasn't the biggest event we have seen but I have to say that the quality of the cars at the show was top notch. There was anything from rally ready Audi's to supercharged MK1 VR6 Cabby's. And if the cars weren't enough to bring you to this show then the specials MJM Autohaus was running for the day of the show would do the job. Poor Juan didn't even get a chance to come and look at the cars, he was busy chipping cars for the entire day.

Cars from all over Texas made the trek to San Antonio for this show. Houston brought us show winning cars like Ramon's R32 and Tony's air-bagged Jetta wagon; way to hold it down for EuropeanAG guys. We had some dub heads coming all the way from Abeline, including a sweet little Cabriolet with a supercharged VR6 engine purring under the hood. The most memorable thing Austin brought us was Cort, the skinny guy walking around shirtless holding a big jug of alcohol. Ha! Should have brought your S3 Cort! Dallas of course represented with many whips lining the parking lot, thanks to all you guys for making the long trip down here. I especially loved Billy T's MK5 Jetta that he brought out. I am not a big fan of those cars but he definitely made a believer out of me.

I do have to take a paragraph and talk about how proud I am of the San Antonio guys though. I can think back even a year ago and San Antonio was really not on the map as far as modified Volkswagens go. I mean sure we had one or two lurking around that were show stoppers but in my short time being in the dub scene I have not seen such a well represented Dub following here in San Antonio. Much thanks to everyone that is making it happen with their dubs including people like Josh, Matt, Gabe, Siegfreid, Berk, and many others. And, of course, I cannot forget Kelly, Juan, and the whole staff at MJM Autohaus for supplying us dub heads with the parts necessary to make our whips stand out from the rest. Watch out Texas, because we are quickly becoming a force to be reckoned with! :D

One huge perk to this show that I haven't mentioned was that there was tons of free beer, soda and water. There was also some home cooked, gourmet hamburgers and hot dogs for sale under the MJM tent (ok, I am kidding about the gourmet part). Some people definitely took advantage of the two kegs that were at the show, including one mechanic that will remain unnamed (you can see him preparing for this death-defying feat in the picture). :D Everyone did a good job of keeping sober though, didn't have any problems with any staggering drunks walking around the parking lot causing trouble. The only thing missing was Abe's hookah. Oh well, next time that will need to be something we have on the list of things to do.

There were a few other memorable events of the day. Being that Kelly is such a big basketball fan, we setup a basketball goal and anyone who was able to make three shots in a row would receive a $100 gift certificate to MJM Autohaus toward any purchase. Well, no one was able to make three in a row. So, thinking that it was fixed, Kelly made his way to the hoop and sank eight straight shots! How's that for a dub head? As memorable as that was, who could forget the pimped out, Chill Mobile Ice Cream truck that rolled up. You can see some pictures of this thing by scrolling down. This Chill Mobile was sportin' some 22" rims and a custom air brushed paint job by 210 Customs. I have to say, this thing was a life saver given the heat of that day.

Overall I have to say this was one GTG to put on the record books. There were tons of reasons to come; the 10 grab bags filled with goodies for the first 10 show participants, the free beer and drinks, the basketball shooting contest, the cars, the giveaways, the discounts, the people, I can go on and on. My point is that when the next MJM event comes around everyone needs to try their best to make it. It is definitely a GTG worthy of putting on your calendar. So stay tuned, keep your eye on the events, and keep dubbin'!

Pictures:
http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?3388322
viewtopic.php?t=6941&start=30
http://www.speedsportlife.com/photopost ... p?cat=1169
http://www.strictlyea.com/pictures/8122007mjm/

Keep up with important information.....Click here....

Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:57 pm
Profile YIM WWW

New post 
another great write up by Ruben Pina Jr. :thumbsup:

banana bike HD 883

matt

Tue Aug 14, 2007 11:41 pm
Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ]