Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home1/strictly/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home1/strictly/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home1/strictly/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 379

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home1/strictly/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home1/strictly/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 991: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3778: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3779: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
Strictly European Autosport - View topic - Featured Event - Autumnbahn 2007
It is currently Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:40 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
Featured Event - Autumnbahn 2007 
Post Whore

New post Featured Event - Autumnbahn 2007
It was a great show guys! Article and pictures below....

This being the first year for the Autumnbahn European Car Show, I have to say it was a success. Earlier in the week I was really worried about whether or not the tropical storm Humberto was going to have a play in how the show turned out but those feelings were relieved by the bright, sunny weather we had this weekend. It truly was a fun-filled weekend that surrounded this show. Friday night was a VIP party at Lamborghini of Houston followed by a night out in the VIP room at Vintage night club. The following night, Saturday night, was a fun night at Track 21. I had never driven go-kart's like this before and it definitely was an experience. An experience that left me and everyone else sore the next day. :D Ricky did a great job organizing all these events over the weekend. Not to mention the deal he got us on the Crowne Plaza Hotel to stay at. Thanks for all the hard work for the great weekend Ricky!

This year the show was held at the Houston Farm and Ranch Club. It is a very nice place with plenty of parking. The show was organized in a way to have the separate makes of cars in different isles. It worked out really well because it allowed you to really see how the cars compared to the other cars in it's same class or same make. The isle that really caught my attention was the exotic car isle. They brought some really nice cars from the beautiful, classic, turquoise Porsche to the amazing Ferrari's and Lamborghini's. Overall the quality of cars and the quantity of cars was great for this being the first year of the show. There were well over 100 cars that ended up showing on this beautiful Sunday afternoon.

The cars weren't the only thing going on at this show though. There were plenty of sponsors with booths surrounding the perimeter of the parking lot. There were lots of giveaways going on and lots of deals from any of the vendors around. Some notables was the shirts being given away by Yokohama and the lanyards being given away by Unitronic. There were also some very nice examples of how good some wheels can look on your whip from any of the wheel vendors around the area. Motul had a booth out there and MJM Autohaus brought a large inventory from San Antonio to the show. Walking around handing out some drinks was VitaminWater and Red Bull. I had some of each and liked the VitaminWater a little more than the Red Bull. I know a lot of people got the runs from the VitaminWater though, just glad one of them wasn't me.

Ricky was also riding around the show in his gangster golf-cart; a lot of the time with the Autumnbahn ladies or the Houston Rocket's cheerleaders. There was also an appearance made by one Miss Grand Prix of Houston. All this to say that if you weren't very interested in looking at all the hot cars around, the hot ladies in short shorts might have made it a little easier on the eyes. Upon entering the show you could tell right off that there was some good organization to the show as far as the registering of your cars, the parking, etc. Everyone was really up to speed on how everything worked and answered all my questions really well. There is nothing more frustrating than going to a show and the staff not knowing much, if anything, about the specifics of the show.

What I really like about these Texas shows is that it gives me a chance to see a lot of the cars around Texas. I am so used to seeing these cars on the forums and it is nice to finally see them in person and meet the owners that these cars belong to. There were your hardcore guys coming from Dallas from VDubAdditcion and us San Antonio guys that made it down there. Best car club showing, though, went to EuropeanAG. Those guys have some really nice cars, I am always impressed by what the Houston and Dallas guys have to bring to the table. Almost makes me want to move from my city just to be close to all those dubs! I was also impressed by the showing of Saab's at the show. I have been trying to get some Saab's to come out to meets for a while now and have never been successful at it. I was ecstatic to see so many of them come to the show and to see what great condition these cars were in. Almost makes me think about switching sides, but not quite. Ha!

Overall, I have to say that this show was really worth the trip to Houston. That means all you guys from all over Texas, Oklahoma, Louisiana, etc. need to keep your ears open for next year's show and put it down on your calendar. Next year and the years to follow should yield some good results for this show considering it is one of the only kind around for Texas. Also, this show was put together in 3 short months. With a whole year to plan for next year, you can get your money that it will be one for the record books. I know I am game for next year and hope to bring some new stuff to the table. Only one thing though Ricky, please don't ever bring that awful DJ around, he was horrible! :D

Pictures:
viewtopic.php?p=104128
http://www.strictlyea.com/pictures/9162007autumnbahn/

Keep up with important information.....Click here....

Tue Sep 18, 2007 6:42 pm
Profile YIM WWW
SEA Supporter

New post 
Very nice write up!

jake. wrote:
why do people thing that there will be less traction with stretched tires? the contact points will still be the same, its only the sidewall that gets stretched.

Tue Sep 18, 2007 6:51 pm
SEA Supporter

New post 
Kinda reminds me of my e30 :(

Minus the taurus side skirts.

jake. wrote:
why do people thing that there will be less traction with stretched tires? the contact points will still be the same, its only the sidewall that gets stretched.

Tue Sep 18, 2007 7:03 pm
Sig Jr.

New post 
kudos on the write up.
pretty nice rides and turn out for a first time show.

Tue Sep 18, 2007 7:31 pm

New post 
good write up ruben...as usual

banana bike HD 883

matt

Tue Sep 18, 2007 9:15 pm
Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ]