Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home1/strictly/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home1/strictly/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home1/strictly/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 379

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home1/strictly/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home1/strictly/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 991: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3778: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3779: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
Strictly European Autosport - View topic - Featured Event - Octoberfest 2007
It is currently Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:22 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Featured Event - Octoberfest 2007 
Post Whore

New post Featured Event - Octoberfest 2007
Ok, so I forgot about writing this whole article. I guess I have an excuse, I was in Vegas all last week for SEMA so that counts, right? Sorry to keep everyone waiting, this year's show was a great show just like all the year's past. Unfortunately, the water cooled representation continues to dwindle year after year. The out of towners seem to be showing up less and less as well. Hopefully in the years to come all that will get better. Anyways, this years' Octoberfest was held in the same place it has been held for 15 years now, historic downtown Boerne. If all car shows were held at this same place or setting similar to this one, I would never get tired of going to shows. Thank you to VOSA for continuing to put on this great show, I really look forward to it every single year.

I don't know if it was the weather, time, day, activities, cars, or whatever else, but this show went by really fast. I have been to my fair share of shows over the past few years and it seems like they all drag out the last few hours. However, this show was far from that, the results for the show were being accounted before I even knew it. I think it might have had something to do with our trip to the Boerne Vistro. For those of you that don't know, the Boerne Vistro is about two miles down the road and offers the best breakfast buffet and/or food in town IMO. The prices are very reasonable as well. Plan on making it there for next year's Octoberfest. ;)

So onto the cars...This year brought some of the old and some of the new. There were a good amount of the air coolers that came up from Mexico. Of these include one sick, red van with a hefty amount of time and money spent on it. I don't know if it was the bike racks in the trunk, the Porsche seats, Momo steering wheel, or blinged out engine but that van was just amazing. There were plenty examples of some nicely modded air cooled cars and vans with amazing paint jobs and equally amazing engine work. I even saw a red Beetle with some sweet engine covers to make it look like the engine was shaved. I am not around the air cooled scene as much as I would like to be, but seeing that engine was definitely a first for me.

One thing I always love to come and see is all the vans. Like I have said before, there were a fair share of the modded ones, but the bone stock ones also caught my eye. What could be better than having a sink in your van? I mean come on, does it get any better? Me being 22 years old, I can only imagine the time that these vans have seen in the past. Makes me wish I was born in an earlier era, maybe early enough to be a part of the "hippy" generation that made these vans so popular. Regardless of their colorful past, these cars have a history far beyond the party times, and hopefully well into the future as well.

Now who could forget all the trading and selling that goes along so well, not only with a Volkswagen show, but Octoberfest? That's one of the major reasons I come to this show year after year, to see what cool stuff I could score to put on the walls of my room. There are also tons of Volkswagen Hot Wheels covering the tops of countless tables. Walking through all the parts for sale makes me want to buy an air cooled car just so I can have something to put these parts on. Another major part of the show is the openness to children and pets. More and more the car shows you go to are not exactly family friendly. It is nice to see people of all ages come to the show and have great fun.

What more can I say about this year's show other than it was it's usual success. I look forward to at least 15 more years of this show. No matter how old the air cooled cars get, it is nice to see the strong showing of cars year after year. I expect that as the years go by the showing will stay strong and Octoberfest will live for another year. See you guys next year and in the meantime, keep dubbin'!

Pictures:
http://www.strictlyea.com/pictures/10212007octoberfest/

Keep up with important information.....Click here....

Mon Nov 05, 2007 11:50 pm
Profile YIM WWW

New post 
wow that took long enough

banana bike HD 883

matt

Tue Nov 06, 2007 2:25 pm
Post Whore

New post 
:oops:

Keep up with important information.....Click here....

Tue Nov 06, 2007 4:14 pm
Profile YIM WWW

New post 
:rofl:

Jason Marble Designs

Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:15 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ]