Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home1/strictly/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home1/strictly/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home1/strictly/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 379

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home1/strictly/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home1/strictly/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 112
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 991: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3778: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3779: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
Strictly European Autosport - View topic - This C230 Sport showed up out of nowhere...
It is currently Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:32 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
This C230 Sport showed up out of nowhere... 
Administrator

New post This C230 Sport showed up out of nowhere...
...in my driveway.

Bought the wife a 2006 C230 Sport with full power package for Christmas. That's right, we now have two running cars, and I can take all the time I need to finally finish all the other cars in my inventory. Now, I don't have to take turns scheduling when I can have the car to go get parts... Yup, that makes 7 total now. Now you can't make fun of me anymore. What ever will you do with yourselves? ;)

Things to come? (per Wife's requests)
- Flat hood button to replace hood ornament
- Badged AMG style grill with black louvers
- Black or gunmetal roof
- Gunmetal painted wheels
- Tinted tails, 3rd brake light, and front side markers
- exhaust
- Aluminum stubby antenna (if I can find one)
- projector fogs w/HID yellow
- projector headlights w/HID
- de-badge "C230" and anything in the rear except the roundel
- roof and/or lid spoiler
- more low will not be happening with the way she pays attention

Still debating keeping the factory blue, or covering it with a darker tint.

1979 Chevy Malibu Classic 2Dr
1984 VW Rabbit GTI
1984 VW Rabbit Cabby
1985 Porsche 944 N/A
1987 Dodge Caravan
1988 VW Scirocco 16V
1989 Honda Accord 4Dr
1994 VW Jetta 2.slow
2004 Mercedes-Benz ML500
2006 Mercedes-Benz C230 Sport

Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:48 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Angry White Guy

New post Re: This C230 Sport showed up out of nowhere...
Being from Mercedes myself, I'll weigh in. I think I spent more time in C 230 loaners from MB Boerne (in both Kompressor and V6 form) than I did in my '99 C 280 Sport I owned (although I did love that car). Good choice going with the V6 over the Supercharged 4 cyl. I liked the drive of the Kompressor more, but for reliability's sake, the V6 was far better. Great color, too. I love the classic Mercedes Silver. Mine was silver also, but a bit darker because that's they way they did it back in those years. My $.02:

Things to come? (per Wife's requests)
- Flat hood button to replace hood ornament
Keep the hood ornament! C'mon, it's classic Benz! SO many people with W202's took theirs off, too, I think I was the only advocate of keeping it.
Dear God, please tell me this is the one that DOESN'T have the huge Star in the center like your ML. Do an Avante Guarde one, if you can.
- Black or gunmetal roof
Keri did this on her car (it was white), I don't think it will go well with the Brilliant Silver.
Keep them the way they are now. Gunmetal\black wheels are SO played on EVERYTHING. It will keep the car classy. If anything, change the rims over to some authentic AMG wheels. OEM+ scheme's fit better on MB's than, I think, any other European car.
Find a 1998-2000 C230 Kompressor\C 280 Sport model, like I had, and try to match the your lights' tint to it as close as possible. I'm SO tired of seeing overkill on tinted tails. Those models had them tinted from the factory and were PERFECT. If you want pics of mine for reference, I will be happy to provide them.
- exhaust
Sounds like crap on any Mercedes V6 pre-3.5L...especially C 230's. If you want one that will sound half way decent, it will cost you $$$ (think RennTech, Brabus, Lorinser). So if you want to do it, do it right.
Definitely
For sure.
OEM Retrofit is the only way to go. Stay away from aftermarket, if possible.
Finally, someone who "gets" it. Perfect plan.
Do the lid spoiler, skip roof one.
Don't really need it. Suspension on those sits nice already and is tuned really well. That's one thing I REALLY like about them.

Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:44 pm

davis449 wrote:
Being from Mercedes myself, I'll weigh in. I think I spent more time in C 230 loaners from MB Boerne (in both Kompressor and V6 form) than I did in my '99 C 280 Sport I owned (although I did love that car). Good choice going with the V6 over the Supercharged 4 cyl. I liked the drive of the Kompressor more, but for reliability's sake, the V6 was far better. Great color, too. I love the classic Mercedes Silver. Mine was silver also, but a bit darker because that's they way they did it back in those years. My $.02:

Dear God, please tell me this is the one that DOESN'T have the huge Star in the center like your ML. Do an Avante Guarde one, if you can.
yes
- Black or gunmetal roof
Keri did this on her car (it was white), I don't think it will go well with the Brilliant Silver.I agree[/u]
[b]Keep them the way they are now. Gunmetal\black wheels are SO played on EVERYTHING. It will keep the car classy. If anything, change the rims over to some authentic AMG wheels. OEM+ scheme's fit better on MB's than, I think, any other European car.

I agree, however, if i may add, maybe consider white? or regular c230 concave wheels, paint oem or white
Find a 1998-2000 C230 Kompressor\C 280 Sport model, like I had, and try to match the your lights' tint to it as close as possible. I'm SO tired of seeing overkill on tinted tails. Those models had them tinted from the factory and were PERFECT. If you want pics of mine for reference, I will be happy to provide them.
this
- exhaust
Sounds like crap on any Mercedes V6 pre-3.5L...especially C 230's. If you want one that will sound half way decent, it will cost you $$$ (think RennTech, Brabus, Lorinser). So if you want to do it, do it right.
definitely this
Definitely
For sure.
DDM Tuning 3k, cheap as hell but work great, running two ddm kits one for low/high and one for fogs, and works fantastically
OEM Retrofit is the only way to go. Stay away from aftermarket, if possible.
definitely this
Finally, someone who "gets" it. Perfect plan.
Do the lid spoiler, skip roof one.
Don't really need it. Suspension on those sits nice already and is tuned really well. That's one thing I REALLY like about them.

Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:40 pm
Profile YIM WWW

This thread kinda of reminds me of another guy I used to know who had this cool old Rabbit......

Jimbo

Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:41 pm
Profile ICQ
Administrator

Jimbo Roberts wrote:
This thread kinda of reminds me of another guy I used to know who had this cool old Rabbit......

Jimbo

And still does. I've just added to the stable.
http://termitewerks.info/category/autom ... es-garage/

1979 Chevy Malibu Classic 2Dr
1984 VW Rabbit GTI
1984 VW Rabbit Cabby
1985 Porsche 944 N/A
1987 Dodge Caravan
1988 VW Scirocco 16V
1989 Honda Accord 4Dr
1994 VW Jetta 2.slow
2004 Mercedes-Benz ML500
2006 Mercedes-Benz C230 Sport

Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:00 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Post Whore

w00t

Keep up with important information.....Click here....

Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:17 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ]