Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home1/strictly/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home1/strictly/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home1/strictly/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 112
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 991: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3778: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3779: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
Strictly European Autosport - View topic - VW-TX 2011 DSG CW Autobahn GTI Build Thread
It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:49 pm

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
VW-TX 2011 DSG CW Autobahn GTI Build Thread 

New post VW-TX 2011 DSG CW Autobahn GTI Build Thread
Finally decided to do a build thread. Bear with me as I have never done one like this before so I will do my best to have you all go through the stages of birth/purchase to the way the car is now. :)

I sold my 2011 Nissan Titan in January of 2011 and purchased in DFW a 2011 GTI Autobahn DSG CW model. Hard to find in 6mt which I wanted originally but I settled for the DSG and completely happy with it. Boardwalk VW (Jeremy) was great to deal with as no other dealer in Texas really made me any good deals except for him!

Pictures are below with annotations next to them.

When I first saw the car at the dealer...on a cold morning.

Me next to the car to make it official.

Had to protect the car for the 300 mile trip home to San Antonio. It made it as far as Austin before we had to pull over and remove it because we had massive rain and the tape was letting go by that time.

Pulled over at a rest stop somewhere between home and DFW. I had to do it!! :)

Car was home, the next day I washed her up, and gave her a detail.

To the next post to be continued.

Sat Oct 22, 2011 6:38 pm

New post Re: VW-TX 2011 DSG CW Autobahn GTI Build Thread
I wish I had pictures of some of these but I do not. At 500 miles, I took the car to DBC Performance (Berk) and had him do the APR Stage 1 tune on my GTI and APR Stage 1 Intake. I was the first 2011 in San Antonio to have it done. It went without any issues and the car really woke up in power. Loved it since that day!

Next I installed Pinnacle Ceramic Tint 20% rear and 25% front. All legal in Texas with lifetime warranty.

In June I had Xpel Smoked Headlight and fog light protection installed. See the pictures below of the front of the car to see it. To add to this, I also used Plastic Dip to spray my front emblems to make the front of the car have a more darker/meaner look.

Finally I did another major mod after lots of research. I installed today the DG Springs for a Manual 4 door on my DSG 4 door car. The drop was more than I expected but it works. I really hope the rear settles more. I have included pictures before and after with measurements. I think the rear has settled more since these measurements were taken.

BEFORE

In the Process of installing pictures...

Up on the lift at a friends shop.

While we were working on it, went ahead and installed my BSH Torque Mount Insert. The insert made the engine only a hair more rough/vibrations but nothing that is bad. It is still very smooth and made it more responsive.

Now for the pictures of the completed drop with measurements.

Front left

Front Right

Right Rear, Like I mentioned, the car has dropped more since this picture.

Left rear

Continued...

Sat Oct 22, 2011 6:38 pm

The ride quality of the DG springs is just like stock most of the time! When I got to some rough roads they did become a bit more harsh, but nothing bad. I do hope that the rear rake look does settle more and I believe it will from others here. I have no noises at all, and installed one new BEARING (due to the fact I received two different types from VW Keffler). LOL. But I also installed new Axle bolts, new strut mount bolt on the bottom, and new strut top bolts.

Not sure why a few have noises, but it must be due to an improper install or something is wrong with that install as these are silent like stock.

Will give my impressions later more on these springs after the car settles some. I also did get an alignment done today from Firestone (Lifetime) that knows lowered cars well at one location here. They got the car as close as possible into alignment but it was still a hair out as there was no more adjustment room to get it all the way in. But he said it won't cause any additional wear on my tires because of the type that was out. I can't recall right now which it was but will post that info later.

I do have ordered a Forge TwinTake to replace my APR I had, and will do a review of that when I receive it.

Sat Oct 22, 2011 6:39 pm
Post Whore

Lower it.

Lol. Just kidding. Build threads are great. Except when they go for years like mine. :(

Keep up with important information.....Click here....

Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:37 pm
Profile YIM WWW

SooprmanX wrote:
Lower it.

Lol. Just kidding. Build threads are great. Except when they go for years like mine. :(

Just means you are taking your time on it! :)

Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:59 am

These just came in....tires being mounted tomorrow. :)

Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:40 pm

One picture for now guys till I get tire fixed and car washed.. One of the tires leaked air between the tire and the wheel in the bead when I sat the car down. Uggg. I took it off and have the Detroit back on so will get that fixed tomorrow hopefully. I hope they didn't damage the tire. But with DG springs, the car looks perfect! :)

Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:42 pm

Freakin Discount ripped that tire that was leaking, so they ordered a new one and should have it on Friday.

Another cell pic while I waited.

Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:56 am

I do love those wheels. If I get a MKVI those are the wheels I will buy.

Jimbo

Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:44 pm
Profile ICQ

Finally cleaned the car, got a temporary tire mounted and took pics with my SLR. Enjoy.

Fri Nov 25, 2011 2:36 pm
Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ]