Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home1/strictly/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home1/strictly/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home1/strictly/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home1/strictly/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 112
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 991: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3778: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3779: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
Strictly European Autosport - View topic - Looking for a supercharger for a 08 R32...........
It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:44 am

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
Looking for a supercharger for a 08 R32........... 

New post Looking for a supercharger for a 08 R32...........
Im saving to get a supercharger for my 08 Mk5 R32.
Problem is I can't find any!! :crazy:
The only one I've found is on blackforest but that's it and I would like to do some comparisons etc.
Any help or advice would be appreciated.

2008 VW MKV R32 (Daily)
1995 Nissan 240sx S14 (Project)

Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:34 pm
Post Whore

New post Re: Looking for a supercharger for a 08 R32...........
Have you done some research on the Vortex for superchargers?

Keep up with important information.....Click here....

Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:19 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Administrator

apr turbo ftw

Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:58 pm
Profile YIM WWW

SooprmanX wrote:
Have you done some research on the Vortex for superchargers?

A fair amount, but I can't say I'm sure about whether I should get a turbo or a supercharger. Both are pretty pricy for a R32 lol

2008 VW MKV R32 (Daily)

Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:34 pm

duncman wrote:
apr turbo ftw

Haha I just looked into to that and I now pondering on that possibility, thanks :mrgreen:

2008 VW MKV R32 (Daily)

Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:35 pm
Post Whore

Yeah the VR6 responds very well to turbo charging. I've had a turbo VR6 and a supercharged VR6 and the turbo'ed way was easier, more reliable, and more power.

Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:50 am
Profile YIM WWW

Well then I do believe I'm gonna go with the turbo. I appreciate the advice man. About how much HP did the turbo give on your VR6?

2008 VW MKV R32 (Daily)

Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:13 pm
Post Whore

I am only running 6 psi of boost, non intercooled and I put down 230 whp I think. Plus or minus a couple ponies.

Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:22 pm
Profile YIM WWW

You should check the VW Vortex forums for info on different VR6 supercharger or turbo options. I have a MKIV and there has been much discussion about FI and the associated mods that go along with upping the HP. There are similar topics in the MKV R32, and also TT MK I and Mk II forums. For turbo, HPA, C2, CTS, Jeff Atwood at United Motosports are all good options. One of the weak links in our cars are the transmissions. Superchargers are much easier on the gear sets versus the sudden onset of torque with turbos which can strip the teeth of the gears especially 4th for some reason. The problems seem to be with the guys looking for 500+hp or more. Clutches also seem a problem area. The stock one is good for about 450ftlbs. Many have tried different clutches and each seemed to have failed for one owner or another on the MKIV forums. Even the multi disc packs have failed, but we are talking 650+ftlbs of torque. Most turbo R32s are around 350-450hp and they seem fairly reliable at that level. The most important thing is the tune you use. This is where you absolutely should not cut corners. There are many horror stories of engines going lean with catastrophic failures. Other things to check into are turbo blankets, shielding all associated plumbing, billet crack pipe, intercoolers, meth injection, different intake manifolds, high flow cats and cat back exhausts, poly motor mounts, limited slip diffs, low compression gaskets versus low comp pistons or even fully built motors with coated bearings, different cams,all kinds of options. The list goes on and on. You can spend hours and hours researching the subject on VW Vortex.

Jimbo

Fri May 04, 2012 7:05 pm
Profile ICQ
Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ]