Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home1/strictly/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home1/strictly/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home1/strictly/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 379

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home1/strictly/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home1/strictly/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 991: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3778: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3779: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
Strictly European Autosport - View topic - Detailed:2004 Expedition. (The benefit's of polish)
It is currently Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:08 pm

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 
Detailed:2004 Expedition. (The benefit's of polish) 

New post Detailed:2004 Expedition. (The benefit's of polish)
Here's a little background on the truck. This is my dad's 2004 Expedition with 150k on the clock. During those 150k it has never been waxed, and when its washed he usually drives it through the gas station carwash. It's usually being driven on the highway catching rocks and bugs, or in the oil field on dusty and muddy trails. The truck has alot of swirls, some deep scratches, and a "car wash at the fellowship at 2pm" etched into the side. A few weeks ago we had a benefit carwash for a friend who passed away and my dad thought writing the quoted on the side of his dirty car was a good idea, TERRIBLE IDEA. The detail took me about 8 hours. So here we go...

Here are some pictures after i washed it, you can see the carwash etching

Heres the hood under halogen light, pretty rough

Small section before polishing

Section After

Door Panel Before Polishing

Door Panel After

Carwash etching before polish

Carwash etching after

Here are some pictures of the truck after polishing, i havent applied the glaze or wax yet

I applied the glaze and wax but the sun had gone down by then. Since this will be going straight back to the field tomorow i headed to a parking garage to get some final pictures. And of course my camera was about to die.

So there you go, the reason i detail cars. Results like these are so exciting and amazing when they come out the way this one did. So if your thinking about having your car's paint brought back to life, holler. :thumbsup:

The Reflective Touch
Affordable Automotive Detailing Service!

Tue May 26, 2009 12:41 am

New post Re: Detailed:2004 Expedition. (The benefit's of polish)
:eek: Damn.

Tue May 26, 2009 6:25 am
Administrator

Think you can get that scratch out of Josh's trunk? :finga:

1979 Chevy Malibu Classic 2Dr
1984 VW Rabbit GTI
1984 VW Rabbit Cabby
1985 Porsche 944 N/A
1987 Dodge Caravan
1988 VW Scirocco 16V
1989 Honda Accord 4Dr
1994 VW Jetta 2.slow
2004 Mercedes-Benz ML500
2006 Mercedes-Benz C230 Sport

Tue May 26, 2009 6:37 am
Profile ICQ YIM WWW

nice job, you do really good work!

Tue May 26, 2009 8:01 am

A thank you.

The Reflective Touch

Tue May 26, 2009 9:29 am
BM Double Jew

what do you charge again?

Thanks.

Wed May 27, 2009 6:23 pm

Kinda depends on how much polishing needs to be done. But an complete detail including claybar, polish, glaze, wax etc is 250 for a moderatly swirled car. Thats 40$ less than the "local" place that only does light compounding

The Reflective Touch

Wed May 27, 2009 6:37 pm
Post Whore

Great work.

Keep up with important information.....Click here....

Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:40 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Ride Height Police

tonys car is pretty swirled haha.

i might get you to do this for me before the towers show/me driving to h2o

fabulousstreetscene.blogspot.com

Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:50 am

Cool. Yeah im going to be down mine soon as well. Gotta get looking good for towers. So excite!

The Reflective Touch

Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:11 am

Great results. What polish and pads did you use?

dave.

Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:30 pm
Profile WWW

Redlight wrote:

dave.

Thanks, on this one i used meguiars medium cut compound on an orange pad and meguiars show glaze on a white.

The Reflective Touch

Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:32 pm

07MKVGLI wrote:
Redlight wrote:

dave.

Thanks, on this one i used meguiars medium cut compound on an orange pad and meguiars show glaze on a white.

Did you have a bunch of dusting from the Megs compound? I haven't used any newer megs polishes or compounds for a while because I used to get tons of dust and slinging.

Again, the paint looks great.

dave.

Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:46 pm
Profile WWW

brian....skills. im pretty sure im going to need to use your services soon

banana bike HD 883

matt

Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:01 pm

Redlight wrote:
07MKVGLI wrote:
Redlight wrote:

dave.

Did you have a bunch of dusting from the Megs compound? I haven't used any newer megs polishes or compounds for a while because I used to get tons of dust and slinging.

Again, the paint looks great.

dave.

The meguiars actually doesnt dust that much imo and no slinging at all. I also have poor boys SSR 1, 2.5 and good lord do they dust. I have to wash the car again once i polish with those. Just part of the process.

candywhitevdub wrote:
brian....skills. im pretty sure im going to need to use your services soon

Just let me know, or peep the site VVVV

The Reflective Touch

Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:24 pm

old post i know but DAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYUUUUUUUUUUMMMMM!

Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:00 pm
Profile YIM
Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]