Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home1/strictly/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home1/strictly/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home1/strictly/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 379

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home1/strictly/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home1/strictly/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 991: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3778: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3779: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
Strictly European Autosport - View topic - Removing Stock MKIV Monsoon Deck
It is currently Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:13 pm

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
Removing Stock MKIV Monsoon Deck 

New post Removing Stock MKIV Monsoon Deck
How do i do it?? Cant figure it out to save my life.

Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:28 pm
Administrator

New post Re: Removing Stock MKIV Monsoon Deck
A little more specifics please. You mean as in just getting it out first? There is a tool to unlock it from the framing.

Let's start with some Google Searching and a few links on VWVortex. Plenty of DIY links on there. Here you go.
http://tinyurl.com/yatv8ng

1979 Chevy Malibu Classic 2Dr
1984 VW Rabbit GTI
1984 VW Rabbit Cabby
1985 Porsche 944 N/A
1987 Dodge Caravan
1988 VW Scirocco 16V
1989 Honda Accord 4Dr
1994 VW Jetta 2.slow
2004 Mercedes-Benz ML500
2006 Mercedes-Benz C230 Sport

Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:24 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW

single din or double din?
single din is easy, there are two slots on the stereo face, one on each side, and you just stick something in there to release the tabs. I used tow picture frame supports and it slid right out, some people cut up old credit cards and use those instead.
If it's double din, you will have to make a fairly legit tool/get the tool for it from 42dd or somewhere like that. some stereo shops might pull it for free/cheap

Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:24 pm

just use a cut up credit card or something. and ive made those work with a double din

banana bike HD 883

matt

Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:31 am

thanx guys got what i needed from all your help! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:31 am

what i did was go to a audio shop and ask them to only remove the deck. after asking around a found a shop that did it for free.

82 vw caddy 1.8 8v

Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:38 pm
Profile WWW

Following up on this topic, what harness did you all use to connect the aftermarket head unit to the monsoon connector? Where did you purchase yours? If you can provide links, that would be helpful too. Thanks!

Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:45 pm
Profile WWW

just look on crutchfield or go to best buy for the harness. what aftermarket head unit are you wanting to run?

banana bike HD 883

matt

Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:56 pm

candywhitevdub wrote:
just look on crutchfield or go to best buy for the harness. what aftermarket head unit are you wanting to run?

Well I did the research. I just wanted to make sure it was the right one. And it's not for me. It's for KMax. I will the one doing the desk install & HID install since he'll be helping me with my GTI... LOL

here's what I found: http://www.crutchfield.com/p_120701784/ ... =N&tp=2977

Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:41 am
Profile WWW
Administrator

Oh yea, and I don't think you can use an aftermarket head with a Monsoon amp. You may have to bypass the system and power the speakers with a different amp. It's been a great many-a-years since I have touched one of these.

1984 VW Rabbit GTI
1984 VW Rabbit Cabby
1985 Porsche 944 N/A
1987 Dodge Caravan
1988 VW Scirocco 16V
1989 Honda Accord 4Dr
1994 VW Jetta 2.slow
2004 Mercedes-Benz ML500

Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:19 am
Profile ICQ YIM WWW

Termite wrote:
Oh yea, and I don't think you can use an aftermarket head with a Monsoon amp. You may have to bypass the system and power the speakers with a different amp. It's been a great many-a-years since I have touched one of these.

lies! you can still run one. atleast on crutchfield it doesnt say that you need to do anything like that unless you get a new style of amp

banana bike HD 883

matt

Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:09 pm
Administrator

Good luck, like I said, old memory. Just look it up first.

1984 VW Rabbit GTI
1984 VW Rabbit Cabby
1985 Porsche 944 N/A
1987 Dodge Caravan
1988 VW Scirocco 16V
1989 Honda Accord 4Dr
1994 VW Jetta 2.slow
2004 Mercedes-Benz ML500

Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:34 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW

heh, thanks. will do. thanks for the help guys! :thumbsup:

Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:08 am
Profile WWW

|^Akira^| wrote:
Following up on this topic, what harness did you all use to connect the aftermarket head unit to the monsoon connector? Where did you purchase yours? If you can provide links, that would be helpful too. Thanks!

i got mine off of ebay

IRTermite wrote:

i am :cheers:

82 vw caddy 1.8 8v

Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:27 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ]