Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home1/strictly/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home1/strictly/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home1/strictly/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 379

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home1/strictly/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home1/strictly/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 991: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3778: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3779: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
Strictly European Autosport - View topic - DIY CNC or Milling Machine?
It is currently Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:33 am

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
DIY CNC or Milling Machine? 
Administrator

New post DIY CNC or Milling Machine?
No, not how to CNC or Mill. I mean, how to build your own machine on the cheap!
http://www.instructables.com/id/DIY-CNC/

1979 Chevy Malibu Classic 2Dr
1984 VW Rabbit GTI
1984 VW Rabbit Cabby
1985 Porsche 944 N/A
1987 Dodge Caravan
1988 VW Scirocco 16V
1989 Honda Accord 4Dr
1994 VW Jetta 2.slow
2004 Mercedes-Benz ML500
2006 Mercedes-Benz C230 Sport

Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:46 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW

New post Re: DIY CNC or Milling Machine?
that is so damn awesome

banana bike HD 883

matt

Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:26 pm
The Guru

Looks like they are for all cutting of plastic and foams. Not worth anything to me. A 4x8ft cnc machine would be great for cutting sheets of aluminum. But I bet that would be way over what I'm willing to spend.

Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:04 pm
Profile WWW
SEA Supporter

SEA machine shop.. anyone?

jake. wrote:
why do people thing that there will be less traction with stretched tires? the contact points will still be the same, its only the sidewall that gets stretched.

Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:43 am
Administrator

Haha, I'd soooo be down for that, if I had the money to get the real deal.

1984 VW Rabbit GTI
1984 VW Rabbit Cabby
1985 Porsche 944 N/A
1987 Dodge Caravan
1988 VW Scirocco 16V
1989 Honda Accord 4Dr
1994 VW Jetta 2.slow
2004 Mercedes-Benz ML500

Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:41 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
SEA Supporter

Termite wrote:
Haha, I'd soooo be down for that, if I had the money to get the real deal.

one day..

jake. wrote:
why do people thing that there will be less traction with stretched tires? the contact points will still be the same, its only the sidewall that gets stretched.

Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:47 pm
Administrator

^^^ You got that right. It's not, "I wish I could..." It's "when I do..."

1984 VW Rabbit GTI
1984 VW Rabbit Cabby
1985 Porsche 944 N/A
1987 Dodge Caravan
1988 VW Scirocco 16V
1989 Honda Accord 4Dr
1994 VW Jetta 2.slow
2004 Mercedes-Benz ML500

Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:01 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
SEA Supporter

Termite wrote:
^^^ You got that right. It's not, "I wish I could..." It's "when I do..."

**** you not I've asked 10 people i know who have the $ to fund **** like that and all think it's not worth it..

jake. wrote:

Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:21 am

lol didnt watc the videos. but when i was in metal shop, my teacher told me that a lathe was the only machine that can recreate itself. minus the cast body and frame and stuff. i'd imagine you'd need a milling machine to to make the jaws for the chuck and and the straight cut gears though.

Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:47 am
Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ]