Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home1/strictly/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home1/strictly/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home1/strictly/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 379

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home1/strictly/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home1/strictly/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 991: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3778: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3779: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
Strictly European Autosport - View topic - $25 HID Kits Bulbs and all.
It is currently Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:27 am

Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
$25 HID Kits Bulbs and all. 
Administrator

New post $25 HID Kits Bulbs and all.
Whoa!
http://www.ddmtuning.com/index.php?p=pr ... &parent=85

Want some reviews? Check out here. http://www.benzworld.org/forums/w163-m- ... -kits.html

I'm thinking about getting 3 kits for the ML. Highs, lows, and fogs. Why the hell not. Make sure you confirm whether you need their error code eliminators or not. Bottom of the page.

1979 Chevy Malibu Classic 2Dr
1984 VW Rabbit GTI
1984 VW Rabbit Cabby
1985 Porsche 944 N/A
1987 Dodge Caravan
1988 VW Scirocco 16V
1989 Honda Accord 4Dr
1994 VW Jetta 2.slow
2004 Mercedes-Benz ML500
2006 Mercedes-Benz C230 Sport

Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:22 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW

New post Re: $25 HID Kits Bulbs and all.
i'm getting the kit soon, unfortunately they start at 25$ but that's for the 35w i'm going 55w for my projectors but still only 10$ more so who can argue? lemme know before you order dale so i can get mine in with yours and prolly save on shipping

Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:03 pm
Profile YIM WWW

i used to have them.
theyre very good, only downfall is that they take a bit longer than OEM ballasts to warm up..

i used to have them on my high beams as well and it wasnt that great of an idea. just to let you know.

other than that awesome product. will use them for my HID projector retro.

Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:05 pm

my friend got them, hes had one burn out in 2 weeks. But other than that, great price. Even for slim ballasts. makes me feel stupid for paying 100 for hids a while back.

The Reflective Touch
Affordable Automotive Detailing Service!

Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:26 pm

ddmtunning sells good hids for the price,Mark and Chris are good people, bin using them for 3years now never had a problem with any hids i bought, slim and regular ballast
like he said it take couple more seconds before they warm up,i will be getting 3 more sets for my fogs and bmw low and fogs

"What's a Ghia??"
"..."

Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:04 am
Profile YIM
Administrator

VDubDrifter wrote:
i'm getting the kit soon, unfortunately they start at 25$ but that's for the 35w i'm going 55w for my projectors but still only 10$ more so who can argue? lemme know before you order dale so i can get mine in with yours and prolly save on shipping

OKee

mihneagabriel wrote:
i used to have them.
theyre very good, only downfall is that they take a bit longer than OEM ballasts to warm up..
i used to have them on my high beams as well and it wasnt that great of an idea. just to let you know.
other than that awesome product. will use them for my HID projector retro.

35W or 55W?
What was the deal with the highs?

I think I may even buy another set for the retro on the cabby while I'm at it. Why the hell not, right?

1984 VW Rabbit GTI
1984 VW Rabbit Cabby
1985 Porsche 944 N/A
1987 Dodge Caravan
1988 VW Scirocco 16V
1989 Honda Accord 4Dr
1994 VW Jetta 2.slow
2004 Mercedes-Benz ML500

Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:23 am
Profile ICQ YIM WWW

Great price and they ARE trust-worthy? Can't ask for anything better! Great info Termite! :thumbsup:

Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:54 am
Profile WWW
Administrator

|^Akira^| wrote:
Great price and they ARE trust-worthy? Can't ask for anything better! Great info Termite! :thumbsup:

Hey, I don't know everything. ( :gfight: Abe ) Just putting it out there. I still think I will get them no matter what, just to see and review for myself. Trying to decide 35W or 55W and temperature first.

1984 VW Rabbit GTI
1984 VW Rabbit Cabby
1985 Porsche 944 N/A
1987 Dodge Caravan
1988 VW Scirocco 16V
1989 Honda Accord 4Dr
1994 VW Jetta 2.slow
2004 Mercedes-Benz ML500

Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:54 am
Profile ICQ YIM WWW

Termite wrote:
35W or 55W?

I think I may even buy another set for the retro on the cabby while I'm at it. Why the hell not, right?

they were 35W and it would just take like 5 or so seconds to warm up, i dont do much backroad driving so i dont have my highs on for too long, by the time they warmed up i had to turn them off because of oncoming vehicles..

Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:59 pm

Termite wrote:
35W or 55W?

You dont want to use them on your highs because they take a little time to come up to full brightness/color(10sec or longer). Also, they will wear out faster by constantly having to refire when you switch your highs on. Most cars with either have bixenon which blocks part of the beam on low and allows the full beam on hi, and/or will have a standard halogen to use as a high beam or for flashing someone.

Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:12 pm

35W for me it is... just trying to decide the color

Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:50 pm

Termite wrote:
|^Akira^| wrote:

Hey, I don't know everything. ( :gfight: Abe ) Just putting it out there. I still think I will get them no matter what, just to see and review for myself. Trying to decide 35W or 55W and temperature first.

From the website, 55W burns 40% BRIGHTER than 35W. But it also costs $10 more. Which is not bad in my opinion. I've always used 35W (in all of my cars) and now I am considering the 55W 6000K Kit to replace the 35W 6000K (which I currently have in my wife's car and bought off eBay 2 months ago for around $40 shipped). The cost of having HIDs have gone down A LOT since I first started installing them in cars over 5 years ago. For the GTI I'll possibly go with 55W H7 5000K since it'll look OEM. :thumbsup:

Here's my wife's Saturn SL2 with 35W 6000K (photo #2 is stock lighting (Sylvania Brand) vs 35W 6000K):

Image Image

Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:21 pm
Profile WWW

|^Akira^| wrote:
Termite wrote:
|^Akira^| wrote:

From the website, 55W burns 40% BRIGHTER than 35W. But it also costs $10 more. Which is not bad in my opinion. I've always used 35W (in all of my cars) and now I am considering the 55W 6000K Kit to replace the 35W 6000K (which I currently have in my wife's car and bought off eBay 2 months ago for around $40 shipped). The cost of having HIDs have gone down A LOT since I first started installing them in cars over 5 years ago. For the GTI I'll possibly go with 55W H7 5000K since it'll look OEM. :thumbsup:

Here's my wife's Saturn SL2 with 35W 6000K (photo #2 is stock lighting (Sylvania Brand) vs 35W 6000K):

Image Image

:facepalm: hids in stock housing. ugh!! :angry: :violent3:

Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:32 pm
Administrator

|^Akira^| wrote:

Image Image

Thanks for reading off the specs from the site for me again. I forgot what it said. :roll: Starting to agree on the 35W deal too. Less heat and not washed out color = good; and brightness is really trivial when these are already way brighter than halogens to begin with. :thumbsup:

mihneagabriel wrote:
:facepalm: hids in stock housing. ugh!! :angry: :violent3:

Was about to say that same thing. That is a big NO NO!!! There is no cuttoff in stock reflector housings and HIDs disperse differently. Please remove those, get different housings, or NEVER drive behind me. I WILL brake check her. :goodman:

mihneagabriel wrote:
Termite wrote:
35W or 55W?

they were 35W and it would just take like 5 or so seconds to warm up, i dont do much backroad driving so i dont have my highs on for too long, by the time they warmed up i had to turn them off because of oncoming vehicles..

witecap4u wrote:
You dont want to use them on your highs because they take a little time to come up to full brightness/color(10sec or longer). Also, they will wear out faster by constantly having to refire when you switch your highs on. Most cars with either have bixenon which blocks part of the beam on low and allows the full beam on hi, and/or will have a standard halogen to use as a high beam or for flashing someone.

Yea, already weighing whether I care about the warmup time on the highs or not. Sure, I won't be able to flash oncoming traffic or anything, or tell a truck to come over, but least I will still have my lows on while the highs warm up. Dual runners FTW!!! Yea, I don't have the bi's, I have separate slots. One projector (low) and a capped reflector (high). Didn't want the color to be off when the highs were lit though. Yea, yea, trivial BS. Hrm, all good point though.

Assholes with springs > assholes with HID in standard reflectors.

1984 VW Rabbit GTI
1984 VW Rabbit Cabby
1985 Porsche 944 N/A
1987 Dodge Caravan
1988 VW Scirocco 16V
1989 Honda Accord 4Dr
1994 VW Jetta 2.slow
2004 Mercedes-Benz ML500

Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:24 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW

my friend had the 35w, then got 55w and they are WAY brighter. go with the 55w

The Reflective Touch
Affordable Automotive Detailing Service!

Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:32 pm
Administrator

07MKVGLI wrote:
my friend had the 35w, then got 55w and they are WAY brighter. go with the 55w

Did they do just lights though? I'm concerned that (to keep the temps the same) if I go 55W, I'll melt the tiny fog housings. I've heard stories of others, with different cars, doing that. Don't know of any on the ML, but it still concerns me. Matching say a 35W 8000K to a 55W 5000K or whatever it takes, to make them similar in color, is going to be the hard part. If it's even possible. Maybe I'll just go 35W, then buy some 55W later to play with and monitor.

1984 VW Rabbit GTI
1984 VW Rabbit Cabby
1985 Porsche 944 N/A
1987 Dodge Caravan
1988 VW Scirocco 16V
1989 Honda Accord 4Dr
1994 VW Jetta 2.slow
2004 Mercedes-Benz ML500

Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:35 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW

if you wanna match the color the 55w normally look more washed out. so if you get 4k 35w fogs then the 6k or so 55w should look about the same.

and the 55w might also warm up faster..

Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:44 pm

I have ddm tuning lights in my high beams, low beams, and fog lights. I have 35watt 6k in my highs, 55watt 6k in my lows, and 35watt 5k in my fogs. 55watt tends to wash out the color a little bit more so get a color up from what you want so that it will look like what you want.
The 55 watt kits have 4 mosfets vs 2 in the 35watt kits.
There high low kits work great as well.
ummm 3k is really sweet for fogs.
You can ask me about any question on these and I have probably delt with it or come across it. I have 5 extra kits at home right now as we speak.

Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:41 am

i have a set of these, ultra slim ballasts, had an issue with one ballast giving out, never got my replacement ballast, but i got some new ones, other than that bulbs are great and ballasts worked great.

Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:27 pm
Profile YIM

the older slim ballasts I had a few problems with and had to warranty. The newer ones are thicker but are made a lot better.

Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:55 am

whats with the 9004 hi/lo kit? can anyone explain? should i just get the reg 9004 kit for my MK3?

94 ls integra - Back home & 4sale
05 impala holla - RIP
86 k10 blazer - RIP

Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:10 pm
Administrator

ItsMillertime wrote:
whats with the 9004 hi/lo kit? can anyone explain? should i just get the reg 9004 kit for my MK3?

Looks like they use a magnet to redirect the beam to a higher angle. No on/off like your normal dual element halogen bulb. So, once the bulb warms up, it's on and stays on, the beam just moves.

1984 VW Rabbit GTI
1984 VW Rabbit Cabby
1985 Porsche 944 N/A
1987 Dodge Caravan
1988 VW Scirocco 16V
1989 Honda Accord 4Dr
1994 VW Jetta 2.slow
2004 Mercedes-Benz ML500

Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:28 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Administrator

...and if anyone is planning on doing this in a stock reflector housing... here's how it works and why you shouldn't...

Man, some guy had a REALLY nice write-up on this, on some other forum, with pics, but I can't find it again. I'll just dig up the wikipedia on it. Not as much explanation into why you shouldn't as his had, but it at least gives you the basics on the differences.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Headlamp

Reflector Parabolic

Reflector Multiple Mirrors

Reflector Elliptical with Projector and Shield/Aperture/Cut-off
Note: Angle of incidence is equal and opposite to that of angle of reflection. (ie: the shield is on the bottom to create a defined cut-off at the top of the projected beam.) That's why you see a line at the top of your light, when shined on a wall.

1984 VW Rabbit GTI
1984 VW Rabbit Cabby
1985 Porsche 944 N/A
1987 Dodge Caravan
1988 VW Scirocco 16V
1989 Honda Accord 4Dr
1994 VW Jetta 2.slow
2004 Mercedes-Benz ML500

Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:31 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW

HID are dope but the only kind of housings i can find (so im not using stock) look like the need to be on a shiiiiiiity honda

05 impala holla - RIP
86 k10 blazer - RIP

Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:41 pm
Administrator

^^ New post... viewtopic.php?f=7&t=20572

1984 VW Rabbit GTI
1984 VW Rabbit Cabby
1985 Porsche 944 N/A
1987 Dodge Caravan
1988 VW Scirocco 16V
1989 Honda Accord 4Dr
1994 VW Jetta 2.slow
2004 Mercedes-Benz ML500

Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:47 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW

The kits are no longer $25. That was shortly lived as Jim(The Owner) explained that Obama made the prices higher.

Also, the low high kit is done with a magnet. It just sucks it back half an inch or som so that it its a different part of the reflector. The dual kits also come with a wire harness which needs a positive and negative run. It has a small relay box and it gets the signal from headlight plug on the vehicle.

Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:04 am

so if im not running highs which kit should i buy? is my main question? i hate having to do all my info searching after work its late and my brain hurts

05 impala holla - RIP
86 k10 blazer - RIP

Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:09 am

BMWjiggaB wrote:
The kits are no longer $25. That was shortly lived as Jim(The Owner) explained that Obama made the prices higher.

Also, the low high kit is done with a magnet. It just sucks it back half an inch or som so that it its a different part of the reflector. The dual kits also come with a wire harness which needs a positive and negative run. It has a small relay box and it gets the signal from headlight plug on the vehicle.

please explain.

and oh god 29.99. dont buy them now theyre wayyy more than 25.

and i think the 25 dollars was a SALE price, obama had nothing to do with the price going up.

Quote:
DDM Tuning HID SALE PRICING IN EFFECT! Click 'Sale Pricing' at the top of the page and check them out! Full kits for $25, pair of bulbs for $10, motorcycle HID kits starting at $22.5! Enjoy!

Last edited by mihneagabriel on Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:22 pm

and while the 35w went up 4.99 the 55w went down to 10 for an upgrade from the 15 they used to be..

Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:23 pm

mihneagabriel wrote:
BMWjiggaB wrote:

please explain.

and oh god 29.99. dont buy them now theyre wayyy more than 25.

and i think the 25 dollars was a SALE price, obama had nothing to do with the price going up.

Quote:
DDM Tuning HID SALE PRICING IN EFFECT! Click 'Sale Pricing' at the top of the page and check them out! Full kits for $25, pair of bulbs for $10, motorcycle HID kits starting at $22.5! Enjoy!

Jim(The Owner) said so himself about Obama, so yes it had something to do with it. I have talked with Jim about other things as well but this was one thing he mentioned. Why be an ass and be like they are wayyy more then 25, I was just pointing it out to people who would be looking for the $25 set. This way it cuts out any question of if thats the correct kit or not.

Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:51 am
Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next