Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home1/strictly/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home1/strictly/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home1/strictly/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 379

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home1/strictly/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home1/strictly/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 112
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 991: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3778: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3779: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
Strictly European Autosport - View topic - Best poish/wax to use on fresh paint
It is currently Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:27 pm

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
Best poish/wax to use on fresh paint 

New post Best poish/wax to use on fresh paint
My wife's car just got back from the body shop after the repair of several panels. I'd like to wax or polish it but I know you can't use most waxes or protectants for several months after painting in order to let the paint cure. Is there any locally available product that works well for this?

Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:34 pm

New post Re: Best poish/wax to use on fresh paint
I would probably just order some. Anything at autozone iss't really going to be high quality. But if you do buy something, the nxt isnt bad.

i use glimmerglassdetailing.com

i use natty's and migliore

The Reflective Touch
Affordable Automotive Detailing Service!

Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:52 am

I use NXT on my other car. However, I am told you can't use most waxes or polishes on the fresh paint because it interferes with the curing process. Is there a bretheable polish/wax that you recommend?

BTW, your website is down. Have you retired from the detailing biz?

Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:15 pm

yeah you shouldnt wax for a while after the paint is done. Just take good care of it, ive heard anywhere from 3 weeks to 3 months. I think a month is safe.

I detail by word of mouth now. Not really my main hustle anymore. But if you need something done, you can message me and we can work something out.

The Reflective Touch

Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:19 pm
Administrator

Alpine Blur wrote:
I use NXT on my other car. However, I am told you can't use most waxes or polishes on the fresh paint because it interferes with the curing process. Is there a bretheable polish/wax that you recommend?

BTW, your website is down. Have you retired from the detailing biz?

Breathable or not, I would really suggest NOT adding any sealant to your paint until the curing period it over. The solvents need to escape, and any hindrance will prolong that process, keeping it softer longer under the wax. Just wait it out and do it proper. Why be in such a hurry? If anything gets on the paint, you can always find methods to remove it and then polish the spot when fully cured and hard.

1979 Chevy Malibu Classic 2Dr
1984 VW Rabbit GTI
1984 VW Rabbit Cabby
1985 Porsche 944 N/A
1987 Dodge Caravan
1988 VW Scirocco 16V
1989 Honda Accord 4Dr
1994 VW Jetta 2.slow
2004 Mercedes-Benz ML500
2006 Mercedes-Benz C230 Sport

Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:19 am
Profile ICQ YIM WWW

Sounds like good advice Termite.

07MKVGLI, thanks for your advice as well. I may give you a shout once the curing is done. I had spoken to you about doing this car and my new Mustang. We never got our schedules to work out and my wife got caught up in this accident. I totaled the Mustang a couple of weeks later. Really bad winter for us from an automotive stand point. On the bright side, I replaced the 2011 Mustang GT with a 2011 GTI that I really love.

Anyway, thanks guys.

Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:27 pm

Oh yeah i remember talking to you. I was extremely busy at the time, but hopefully we can work something out in the future. Sorry to hear about the cars, but glad yall are ok. And a new GTI isn't a bad trade off!

The Reflective Touch

Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:55 pm

You can wax your paint days after it has been painted.

The claim that you must wait 30 days is not so much for todays paints. If your paint must "gas out" the solvents then how does the base coat of paint gas out when a clear coat of paint is applied over it? Do they wait 30 days to lay down clear? No, they don't.

In the factory, even in our shop, we sand and polish paint hours after being painted so as long as you wait around 10 days and use a wax low in solvents you'll be fine.

Anthony

Sun May 29, 2011 11:58 pm
Profile WWW

Anthony Orosco wrote:
You can wax your paint days after it has been painted.

The claim that you must wait 30 days is not so much for todays paints. If your paint must "gas out" the solvents then how does the base coat of paint gas out when a clear coat of paint is applied over it? Do they wait 30 days to lay down clear? No, they don't.

In the factory, even in our shop, we sand and polish paint hours after being painted so as long as you wait around 10 days and use a wax low in solvents you'll be fine.

Anthony

do you detail anthony? I need some basic paint correction on two cars.

Mon May 30, 2011 10:33 am

Hello,

Yes we do minor and major paint corrections at our shop. I'll have to see the cars before I can give an estimate.

You can visit us at ConcoursAutoSalon.com

Anthony

Mon May 30, 2011 3:37 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ]