Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home1/strictly/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home1/strictly/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home1/strictly/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home1/strictly/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 112
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 991: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3778: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3779: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
Strictly European Autosport - View topic - Car Audio Advice/Opinion?referral needed
It is currently Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:28 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Car Audio Advice/Opinion?referral needed 

New post Car Audio Advice/Opinion?referral needed
Hey all,

Need some help with my sound options. Here is the run down:

Car is a 2011 VW GTI with the mid level audio system. This includes component speakers (mid/bass speaker and separate tweeter) front and back. No sub. The head unit has an amp built in (I believe) but there is no separate component amp.

I want to clean up the sound a bit and get a bit more volume with some more bottom end to it as well.

I am seriously considering an Infinity Basslink (200W powered 10 inch sub) to cover the bottom end.

For improving the overall sound/clarity:
I initially thought I would replace all of the stock speakers and use the head unit to drive them

Another option was to keep the stock speakers and add a 50Wx4 amp to provide more and cleaner power to see how it sounds.

I went to Custom Sounds in SA today. Their opinion was to add a sub and to add the 50Wx4 amp to see how it sounded through stock speakers (since they were already component speakers). Went to Mother's and they really didn't want to touch the job since they had concerns about wiring an amp to a stock head unit that already has a built in amp.

Custom Sounds wanted just over $300 to install the 4 channel amp. Seemed ridiculously hgh to me. Went to Best Buy too, they only wanted $70 but the thought of them doing an install on my car scares the **** out of me.

Here is what I need from the community:

1. Opinions from car audiophiles about whether I should replace the speakers or add the amp to the existing set up.
2. Opinions on the cheapest way to clean up the sound and get a bit more volume out of the stock system.
3. Recommendations for a shop or a qualified individual who could perform the install without breaking the bank.

I am not going to be in any stereo competitions but I would like improved sound, better bass, and a clean looking install that won't fry my wiring.

Thanks in adavance.

James

Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:10 pm

New post Re: Car Audio Advice/Opinion?referral needed
On other cars the biggest upgrade for sound and quality was replacing he head unit for me. It made stock speakers sound way better. Add a stealth enclosure with a small sub in the trunk I think will do better than the bass link.

Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:56 am
Post Whore

VW-TX wrote:
On other cars the biggest upgrade for sound and quality was replacing he head unit for me. It made stock speakers sound way better. Add a stealth enclosure with a small sub in the trunk I think will do better than the bass link.

This. I am no audiophile but I went to Audio Concepts in Schertz, Texas with the exact same thing your saying for my car. They did an amazing job. I'd give them a call. Google em.

Keep up with important information.....Click here....

Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:04 pm
Profile YIM WWW

SooprmanX wrote:
VW-TX wrote:
On other cars the biggest upgrade for sound and quality was replacing he head unit for me. It made stock speakers sound way better. Add a stealth enclosure with a small sub in buy speakers the trunk I think will do better than the bass link.

This. I am no audiophile but I went to Audio Concepts in Schertz, Texas with the exact same thing your saying for my car. They did an amazing job. I'd give them a call. Google em.

Even I have used service of Audio Concepts. They do have wonderful knowledge of sound systems and always produce perfect results

Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:10 pm
Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ]