Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home1/strictly/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home1/strictly/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home1/strictly/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home1/strictly/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 991: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3778: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3779: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
Strictly European Autosport - View topic - Paint fumes make me happy.
It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:36 pm

Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ] 
Paint fumes make me happy. 
Little McGyver

New post Paint fumes make me happy.
Ah the DIY. :-) My true love.

Many times in my DIY supermasterfullness (it's a word, I checked) I find the need to do some painting.

If you've read any number of my DIY's you've probably seen the big white spray box thingy I use. And I already know what you're saying to yourself.

Self: How can I get one of those? :dunno: Where did he buy that thing? :dunno:

Well, you're in luck, because believe it or not, I didn't buy it at some fancy paint booth store, nope, as amazing as it sounds I made it with just a few simple tools, a reflective lamp, and some foam board from Hobby Lobby.

Here we go.

You will need:

4 pieces of foam board (only 99 cents a sheet if it's on sale)
Blue tape
Box-cutter / razor knife, or other sharp implement of destruction.
Optional clip on flood lamp (with bulb, don't forget the bulb)

Using your cut and tape skills learned in third grade, construct a three sided box out of your foam board.

Check it out here. Compare your own completed box with this one if needed.

Check out the tape mastery on the backside. I am truely a craftsman. :mrgreen:

You're going to end up with some small scrap pieces left over from the main-box manufacturing process. You can use these pieces to contruct the optional light attachment bracket.

Now merely stand back and gaze at the beauty of it all.

And then get to painting.

I paint in my dining room rather than the garage, because "use in a well ventilated area" is merely a suggestion for the weak. :thumbsup:

Thu Apr 20, 2006 8:03 am
SEA Supporter

New post 
:rofl: :rofl: Your light made a movie short with Pixar...

Thu Apr 20, 2006 9:17 am
Godless Heathen™

New post 
Steffen, you are a huge nerd.

And I love you for it.

Thu Apr 20, 2006 9:43 am
Profile WWW
Mr Trashman

New post 
Quote:
optional light attachment bracket.

This is so great. :thumbsup:

Thu Apr 20, 2006 8:26 pm
The Guru

New post 
Awesome. I have a feeling your g/f (possibly wife) doesnt apreciate your DIY's as much as we do.

Fri Apr 21, 2006 9:38 am
Profile WWW
Mr Trashman

New post 
IanBMW wrote:
Awesome. I have a feeling your g/f (possibly wife) doesnt apreciate your DIY's as much as we do.

haha

x2

Fri Apr 21, 2006 9:45 am
Little McGyver

New post 
IanBMW wrote:

Eh, she's actually pretty cool, :love6: she comes to most of the meets with me, and understands that cars are my "habit"

When I get a project going she mostly just rolls her eyes and accepts the inevitable.

I usually wait until she's gone before I start something, that way it's already in progress by the time she gets home. The only time she ever really gave me a "what the hell are you doing?" was when I had my front fascia in the living room to install my lip.

Fri Apr 21, 2006 10:59 am
Mr Trashman

New post 
steffenme1 wrote:
I usually wait until she's gone before I start something, that way it's already in progress by the time she gets home. The only time she ever really gave me a "what the hell are you doing?" was when I had my front fascia in the living room to install my lip.

Nice.

Fri Apr 21, 2006 11:42 am
Resident Prick

New post 
You're my hero Steffen.

MkV R32 - Deep Blue - #1488
| Hardwired V1 | Pioneer AVIC Z120BT | Focal 165VR3 | Focal 165V30 | JL Audio 10W6v2 | JL Audio HD 900/5 | OEM Dash Cubby | TunerDomes LEDs | R Line Floor Mats | Bilstein PSS10 | H&R Rear Sway | C2 Power-Flash | EVOMS V-Flow Intake | Magnaflow Sport Exhaust | Adam's Rotors | 19" Work VS-XX |
DBC Tuning

Fri Apr 21, 2006 11:44 am

New post 
Fast1 wrote:
:rofl: :rofl: Your light made a movie short with Pixar...

before that, lamp was in a movie with a blanket and toaster :mrgreen:

Fri Apr 21, 2006 8:22 pm
The Guru

New post 
The Brave Little Toaster. Boyaaaa, love that movie.

Fri Apr 21, 2006 9:28 pm
Profile WWW
Token Leghumper

New post 
steffenme1 wrote:
IanBMW wrote:

Eh, she's actually pretty cool, :love6: she comes to most of the meets with me, and understands that cars are my "habit"

When I get a project going she mostly just rolls her eyes and accepts the inevitable.

that's a keeper.

and lol @ the "brave little toaster" reference.... that was like my favorite movie when i was a kid, lol... that damn air conditioner unit scared me, lol... and i wanted to punch the blanket for being such a pu$$y

Sat Apr 22, 2006 1:44 am
Godless Heathen™

New post 
Steffen's woman rocks!

The only other girl I know as cool as her with the car stuff and just standing around bs'ing is the one I'm married to. ;)

Sat Apr 22, 2006 2:05 am
Profile WWW
Token Leghumper

New post 
jeffrey wrote:
Steffen's woman rocks!

The only other girl I know as cool as her with the car stuff and just standing around bs'ing is the one I'm married to. ;)

x2

i mean my ex-wife is a close second.... .....

BWAHAHAHAAAAAAA

sorry, couldn't resist....

Sat Apr 22, 2006 2:40 pm

New post 
steffenme1 wrote:
IanBMW wrote:

ROFL thats awesome. my wife would kill me if she came home and the front clip of my car was in pieces

VDO boost gauge, steering colum gauge pod, APR Tuned, Forge 007, Neuspeed CAI, H&R, Mintex pads, GHL 3" TB, Neuspeed 28MM RSB, Neuspeed Strut Tower Brace, Deisel Geek Skid plate, //14.9143 @ 91.71 MPH//

Sat Apr 22, 2006 3:00 pm
Profile YIM WWW

New post 
ABTsportsline wrote:
steffenme1 wrote:
IanBMW wrote:

that's a keeper.

and lol @ the "brave little toaster" reference.... that was like my favorite movie when i was a kid, lol... that damn air conditioner unit scared me, lol... and i wanted to punch the blanket for being such a pu$$y

Ahh, you're afraid of air conditioners - THAT's why you got a cabrio...

Sat Apr 22, 2006 11:15 pm

New post 
Man, those are some crazy box-building schools. Your house-box will be the envy of all the other homeless people if you ever have to live in the street.

My wife is really supportive of everything I do to the car, but I don't think I'd actually do any painting indoors or anything like working on my spoilers in the house. Of course I have zero talent in working on cars, so I mostly just pay smart people to do the work for me.

Sat Apr 22, 2006 11:19 pm
Token Leghumper

New post 
TiAgZ4 wrote:
ABTsportsline wrote:
steffenme1 wrote:
IanBMW wrote:

that's a keeper.

Ahh, you're afraid of air conditioners - THAT's why you got a cabrio...

lol... i was also afraid of that radio! :mrgreen:

Sun Apr 23, 2006 12:11 pm

New post 
I just use a moving box when ever I paint. I just take a can of air and make sure there is no dust or anything in there that may get in to the paint. After Im done with the paint I put plastic wrap over the opening to keep dust out.

Sun Apr 23, 2006 4:44 pm
Token Leghumper

New post 
Mitt wrote:
I just use a moving box when ever I paint. I just take a can of air and make sure there is no dust or anything in there that may get in to the paint. After Im done with the paint I put plastic wrap over the opening to keep dust out.

wow, where did you get the money for a CLK GTR??? where did you get a box big enough to fit around that car too???? :mrgreen:

Sun Apr 23, 2006 10:17 pm

New post 
ABTsportsline wrote:
wow, where did you get the money for a CLK GTR???

That information is classified. :mrgreen:

ABTsportsline wrote:
where did you get a box big enough to fit around that car too???? :mrgreen:

Its called a car hole

Sun Apr 23, 2006 11:06 pm
The Genius

New post 
That's obviously not a real car, Rob.

Sun Apr 23, 2006 11:08 pm
The Genius

New post 

Sun Apr 23, 2006 11:09 pm
Token Leghumper

New post 
Jeremy wrote:
That's obviously not a real car, Rob.

really??? because, i thought it was... you know with those HUGE blueprints next to the car, i just thought it was real....

Sun Apr 23, 2006 11:23 pm
Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ]