Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home1/strictly/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home1/strictly/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home1/strictly/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home1/strictly/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 991: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3778: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3779: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
Strictly European Autosport - View topic - Look, up in the sky!! It's Obsessive Compulsive Man!!!
It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:23 pm

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
Look, up in the sky!! It's Obsessive Compulsive Man!!! 
Little McGyver

New post Look, up in the sky!! It's Obsessive Compulsive Man!!!
Ah, I made mention of this wackyness in my lip post, and a few of you have already heard the tale. But for the rest of you, here goes.

So, on my .:R the left air vent comes filled in from the factory. Observe.

(sorry for the crappy photos, all of these were taken with my camera phone while I was at work)

So, the idea was to cut out this vent to match the other two which are open. Armed with an exacto knife and way too much time on my hands, I began the work.

Here you can see my progress after one hour. I'm really moving along!

And now after two hours. Jeez, I'm really getting good at this.

And finally, after two hours, 53 minutes victory was mine! Or so I thought. DA DA DA DUM!!!! :-|

But, alas, I was wrong :cry:

You can see the problem in this photo. You see, I was trying to match this grille with the other two, but the right grille has a solid half/filled thing going on around the edge. And a wacky lone ranger spot in the middle. :-?

So to work I went. This one only took me just under an hour. I'm like a professional by now! :mrgreen:

But that's not all folks! There's more! :eek: Of course, the center vent has the same damn half fill thing going down on it as well. Obviously this is not going to get by Obsessive Compulsive Man!!! :mrgreen:

Good thing I've got a lot of free time at work!

And, of course, you have to REMOVE THE ENTIRE FRONT FASCIA to reinstall the center section.

But in the end, the villagers rejoiced, their town had been saved, the mayors daughters honor restored, and the front of my car was fashionably uniform. All was right with the world, and Obsessive Compulsive Man could drift off to a restless sleep. Until next time.... :thumbsup:

Thu Jan 19, 2006 1:37 pm
Post Whore

New post 
:rofl:

Your stories are so funny. I am going to move this and the other one to the Technical/DIY section and make some DIY's for them.

That took so long! I can't imagine sitting there and doing that.

Keep up with important information.....Click here....

Thu Jan 19, 2006 1:52 pm
Profile YIM WWW
SEA Supporter

New post 
If it makes you feel better looking at the eveness it's called feng shui.

Thu Jan 19, 2006 2:06 pm

New post 
man these do it yourselfs are getting funnier, hey whatever works, titles are real good, caught my attention :rr:

looks even now :mrgreen:

2000 Audi A4 1.8t- Silver

Thu Jan 19, 2006 3:43 pm
O RLY

New post 
"So I was cutting the 37th hole in the right vent when all of a sudden!!...>"

Thu Jan 19, 2006 6:57 pm
Profile WWW

New post 
looks great! mod well worth the time :thumbsup:

Thu Jan 19, 2006 9:09 pm
EuroTuned

New post 
hahahahaha man your stories kill me every time man.............:rofl:

nice mod by the way...... :thumbsup:

Thu Jan 19, 2006 11:06 pm

New post 
Looks good again. Just a thought, maybe where you can see the silver behind the grills, you could break out the old black rattle can and spray them so it is just smooth looking behind them. Just a thought!

Fri Jan 20, 2006 12:21 am
Godless Heathen™

New post 
I like the silver showing through. :)

Fri Jan 20, 2006 1:13 am
Profile WWW
Little McGyver

New post 
BMWjiggaB wrote:
Looks good again. Just a thought, maybe where you can see the silver behind the grills, you could break out the old black rattle can and spray them so it is just smooth looking behind them. Just a thought!

Eh, I kinda like being to see the silver bits, at least you know it's a functional grille. At first I wasn't sure if I was crazy about it, but now I'm digging on it.

Fri Jan 20, 2006 7:06 am

New post 
steffenme1 wrote:
BMWjiggaB wrote:

Eh, I kinda like being to see the silver bits, at least you know it's a functional grille. At first I wasn't sure if I was crazy about it, but now I'm digging on it.

But you know its functional!!! jk. To each his own. :mrgreen:

Fri Jan 20, 2006 3:55 pm
Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ]