It is currently Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:05 am

Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Motor Techtonics 
Post Whore

New post Motor Techtonics
Motor Techtonics has stepped up to be our first sponsor! Motor Techtonics has been around for over 17 years servicing all types of imported cars. He works on both European and Japanese imported cars. Motor Techtonics also does very good paint and body work. I have personally had my Jetta worked on there and can say that the service and work is great. Mascha, who is the owner of the company, agreed to give our members 10% off all labor at Motor Techtonics. I highly recommend going to Motor Techtonics for any paint and body work that you may need as well as installing and servicing your European car. Please show some support and at least go check the place out and tell Mascha that Ruben sent you.

Motor Techtonics
8465 FM 1976
Converse, Texas 78109
210-658-3515
Specializing in Paint, body, engine and performance!
Discount: 10% on labor to StrictlyEA members

Keep up with important information.....Click here....

Last edited by SooprmanX on Thu Jun 09, 2005 3:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Wed May 04, 2005 3:51 pm
Profile YIM WWW
BM Double Jew

New post 
I have to small dings on my car and a bunch of rock chips.

woohoo 10%

Last edited by jajou318 on Wed May 04, 2005 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed May 04, 2005 5:26 pm

New post 
tite 10 percent off. yea i meet Mascha before and he seems like a pretty cool dude

Wed May 04, 2005 6:34 pm
Profile WWW
The Genius

New post 
Awesome. Good to have such generous sponsors. 10% off is alot of money he's giving to us, if we take advantage of it... Hey ruben you should get that white civic painted... :-P

Wed May 04, 2005 10:07 pm
BM Double Jew

New post 
Maybe tomorrow I wil go cruise on over see what he can do. Does he do free estimates on walk-ins?

Thanks.

Thu May 05, 2005 12:15 am
Post Whore

New post 
jajou318 wrote:
Maybe tomorrow I wil go cruise on over see what he can do. Does he do free estimates on walk-ins?

Yeah he sure does. Just ask for Mascha. He isn't always the cheapest (he was in my case though) but he does really good work.

Thu May 05, 2005 12:22 am
Profile YIM WWW
BM Double Jew

New post 
Hey, I called them the address is fm 1976

Thanks.

Thu May 05, 2005 1:59 pm
The Genius

New post 
That's the full number... most of the people call it just 76 because there is an fm 1978 right next to it... So we call one 76 and one 78.... :)

Thu May 05, 2005 2:56 pm
BM Double Jew

New post 
Yeah, I forgot that all Farm Roads have the 19 in front of it.

I went today very fun drive. I saw the empty cop cars y'all talk about.

Mascha (sp?) is very cool guy. He explained his prep and paint process and everything sounds good. Quoted me $2500 to paint. Not bad. Didn't ask him about the 10% though cause I am not ready to paint but maybe in couple years.

Thanks.

Thu May 05, 2005 4:41 pm
Post Whore

New post 
Yeah I think he gave the same quote for painting Zain's dad's car. People think that $2500 is too much for a paint job but I have seen a car he repainted a different color than original and it was great. He takes the car completely apart and paints everything. Very good detail work...... :thumbsup:

Thu May 05, 2005 4:49 pm
Profile YIM WWW

New post 
jajou318 wrote:
Yeah, I forgot that all Farm Roads have the 19 in front of it.

I went today very fun drive. I saw the empty cop cars y'all talk about.

Mascha (sp?) is very cool guy. He explained his prep and paint process and everything sounds good. Quoted me $2500 to paint. Not bad. Didn't ask him about the 10% though cause I am not ready to paint but maybe in couple years.

$2,500 for the whole car? Any minor body work envolved?

Fri May 06, 2005 2:50 pm
The Genius

New post 
Seems a bit steep for just paint...

Fri May 06, 2005 2:51 pm
Reposter of the Century!

New post 
i think he siad 2000 actually not 2500

Fri May 06, 2005 6:01 pm
BM Double Jew

New post 
All of my car. Minor body work. I am pretty sure what he estimated to paint my car.

Thanks.

Fri May 06, 2005 7:40 pm

New post 
c'mon guy 2500 is a good price..would u rather go to earl shribes.. or how ever u spell him name or maaco lol or that other cheap painter... hey if yall look at my rx 7 from my web page i had it painted abt 3 yrs ago for 1000 buck ..the guy took care of hail dents and all.. best 1k i ever spent on my car and the paint job still looks good but most of all i got my monies worth to me... and that was at a place called coach.... on roosevelt....

Fri May 06, 2005 10:42 pm
Profile WWW

New post 
Masha, is the most down to earth mechanic i have ever met. I went over there last week to ask a few questions, and he like totally quit what he was doing and helped me out looking threw all his vw's that he's been parting out. :thumbleft:

Sat May 21, 2005 12:57 am
Resident Prick

New post 
If I took my car to him for service, could he reset my Service light?

My maintenance is coming up pretty soon. I have no plans on spending $300 at BMW for this. The only thing I don't have the facility and tools to do is change the oil and reset the Service light. Everything else is cake.

MkV R32 - Deep Blue - #1488
| Hardwired V1 | Pioneer AVIC Z120BT | Focal 165VR3 | Focal 165V30 | JL Audio 10W6v2 | JL Audio HD 900/5 | OEM Dash Cubby | TunerDomes LEDs | R Line Floor Mats | Bilstein PSS10 | H&R Rear Sway | C2 Power-Flash | EVOMS V-Flow Intake | Magnaflow Sport Exhaust | Adam's Rotors | 19" Work VS-XX |
DBC Tuning

Wed Jun 15, 2005 2:30 am
Post Whore

New post 
unionjack wrote:
If I took my car to him for service, could he reset my Service light?

My maintenance is coming up pretty soon. I have no plans on spending $300 at BMW for this. The only thing I don't have the facility and tools to do is change the oil and reset the Service light. Everything else is cake.

You would have to call him and ask him. I dont think so though. You might have to go to Autobahn for that though. Call them both. :thumbsup:

Wed Jun 15, 2005 8:36 am
Profile YIM WWW
Post Whore

New post 
We took Ben's car to Motor Techtonics to do his suspension. He did a great job and didn't take long at all. He gives great prices for everything. I really suggest at least giving Motor Techtonics a call for anything you might have need of. See how much cheaper they are than others to do things. Ask for Mascha and tell him your with StrictlyEA! :thumbsup:

Mon Oct 03, 2005 3:08 am
Profile YIM WWW
BM Double Jew

New post 
SooprmanX wrote:
We took Ben's car to Motor Techtonics to do his suspension. He did a great job and didn't take long at all. He gives great prices for everything. I really suggest at least giving Motor Techtonics a call for anything you might have need of. See how much cheaper they are than others to do things. Ask for Mascha and tell him your with StrictlyEA! :thumbsup:
Going to give them a call maybe today. Also please fix your sig ruben. we all know what it is already :mrgreen:

Thanks.

Mon Oct 03, 2005 7:18 am
Post Whore

New post 
jajou318 wrote:
Going to give them a call maybe today. Also please fix your sig ruben. we all know what it is already :mrgreen:

I know I have been so lazy......I fixed it though. :thumbsup:

Wed Oct 05, 2005 4:21 am
Profile YIM WWW
Token Leghumper

New post 
do you think they would hook up my civic with a paint job and bodywork, even though its not european? i mean, i'm in the club .... ;)

Wed Oct 05, 2005 9:38 am
Post Whore

New post 
ABTsportsline wrote:
do you think they would hook up my civic with a paint job and bodywork, even though its not european? i mean, i'm in the club .... ;)

Yeah he does a lot of Honda's and everything. His paint job's aren't really that cheap though.

Wed Oct 05, 2005 9:48 am
Profile YIM WWW
Resident Prick

New post 
At the risk of sounding offensive (which I'm totally not trying to sound), how much experience does MT have working with BMWs and painting them?

The reason I ask is because some items I may purchase may require adjustment of certain body panels to ensure proper fitment. I've also been told that Titanium Silver (the color of my car) is fairly difficult to color match.

I ask these questions because quality of work is absolutely paramount to me. I fully understand that it also comes at a price. I'd love to support a sponsor if I could, I just wanna make sure that the place I take my car to takes pride in their quality of work. Experience in my make/model only helps the matter.

I know of a place that can do the work and has a lot of experience working with BMWs, but if I can support a sponsor and they've got the experience and attitude akin to my req's, I take it to them without a 2nd thought.

Again, do not take my questioning attitude negatively. I'm just extremely weary of who works on my car without my presence. Especially when it comes to aesthetic alterations. I've heard/seen too many horrible jobs (in general) in town to not ask.

Side note: When I'm happy with a vendor's work/customer service, I'm EXTREMELY loyal and refer them to everyone I know as well as exclusively deal with them in the future for that kind of service.

MkV R32 - Deep Blue - #1488
| Hardwired V1 | Pioneer AVIC Z120BT | Focal 165VR3 | Focal 165V30 | JL Audio 10W6v2 | JL Audio HD 900/5 | OEM Dash Cubby | TunerDomes LEDs | R Line Floor Mats | Bilstein PSS10 | H&R Rear Sway | C2 Power-Flash | EVOMS V-Flow Intake | Magnaflow Sport Exhaust | Adam's Rotors | 19" Work VS-XX |
DBC Tuning

Wed Oct 05, 2005 3:53 pm
Reposter of the Century!

New post 
im going to have these guys fix my wheel bearings, there pricing isn't bad and ive seen some of the work they can do.. them niggas got skills :thumbsup:

Thu Oct 06, 2005 12:01 am
Post Whore

New post 
I take offense to your questions Scott and you will be banned effective immediately.

Nah just messing with you. I completely understand where you are coming from with your questions. I would want to make sure of all those things before I did anything, especially with a car like yours.

As far as his abilities, I am pretty sure that he will be able to do those modifications to your car to make proper fitament. You would have to take him the parts though and jsut sit there and explain to him everything that you need done. That would be the best way to get to know what he can do for you.

Thu Oct 06, 2005 12:15 am
Profile YIM WWW

New post 
all i know about it them is they put my suspension on quick and cheap and im lovin it!

Thu Oct 06, 2005 8:18 am
Profile YIM
Token Leghumper

New post 
VW-JettaVR6 wrote:
all i know about it them is they put my suspension on quick and cheap and im lovin it!

shocks and springs?

how much?

Thu Oct 06, 2005 12:48 pm
Post Whore

New post 
ABTsportsline wrote:
shocks and springs?

how much?

He did shocks and springs for $220 for Ben's Jetta. I dont know how much, if any, it would differ from car to car.

Thu Oct 06, 2005 1:00 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Token Leghumper

New post 
SooprmanX wrote:
ABTsportsline wrote:
shocks and springs?

how much?

He did shocks and springs for $220 for Ben's Jetta. I dont know how much, if any, it would differ from car to car.

sweet - whatever euro ride i get in January, will be lowered first thing! :mrgreen:

Thu Oct 06, 2005 1:53 pm
Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next