Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home1/strictly/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home1/strictly/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 991: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3778: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3779: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
Strictly European Autosport - View topic - Review: F1 Racing Stage 2 Clutch & Flywheel
It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:30 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
Review: F1 Racing Stage 2 Clutch & Flywheel 

New post Review: F1 Racing Stage 2 Clutch & Flywheel
After over a week of working on this in the middle of the night, I've done my first drive with the new clutch.

First of all, it feels amazing. Much as I would expect a 5 speed on a new car would feel like. The flywheel that came with the set weighs about 16lbs. Not the lightest, but it's 9lbs down from stock, so it revs sportier, but still has a the inertia to keep the ride smooth. The clutch disk is supposedly kevlar, SUPPOSEDLY. It grabs nice and firm even though it hasn't been broken in yet, not at all jerky.

On the side of realism, this is a kit from a company I found through eBay, GripForce, based in CA. It was very cheap; a clutch disk, pressure plate, throwout and pilot bearing and flywheel for around $460 plus shipping. Being a cheap kit, I wouldn't expect it to give more than what I paid for. If you have money to spend, save up for the UUC or similar kit. If you're in a financial bind like I am though, this seems like a great option. All the reviews from BMW owners I found before purchasing were pretty positive, although every honda website that reviewed it were furious with the product. I'm pretty sure it was a problem with their source of the pressure plates they were modifying.

I'll update this post in a month, hopefully with good news.

Link to product: http://gripforce.com/store/index.php?ma ... cts_id=211

Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:08 am

New post Re: Review: F1 Racing Stage 2 Clutch & Flywheel
I had the grip force clutch kit on my first e30 and had only one problem with it. After about 10k miles the throw out bearing started giving me issues. If you are going t purchase one of these kits, buy an oem Sachs TOB to eliminate any problems. Also, Lube it up well. Teehee

Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:40 pm
Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ]