Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home1/strictly/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home1/strictly/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home1/strictly/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home1/strictly/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 991: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3778: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3779: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
Strictly European Autosport - View topic - Product Review! Meguiars 2 Step Leather Cleaner!
It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:33 pm

Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Product Review! Meguiars 2 Step Leather Cleaner! 
Little McGyver

New post Product Review! Meguiars 2 Step Leather Cleaner!
Product reviews rock, especially when I'm the guy doing them. :thumbsup:

So here's the stuff in question. Meguiars 2 Step leather Cleaner.

Old man Meguiar packages his cleaner in two 16 oz bottles, which as near as I can tell, would do roughly 437 cars. It's cheap too, I actually borrowed this stuff from a friend of mine so it was free! :mrgreen: But looking around at a few retailers, both bottles would set you back 10-15 bucks for the duece, and would likely last you for the rest of your life. A little goes a long way

The first step of said two-stepping process is the cleaner (on the left)

You know when you're a really white cracker and you stay out in the sun too long, and you end up coming home short a few layers of skin. :oops: And everybody always shoves that blue bottle of cooling aloe stuff at you? That's what this stuff is. It has EXACTLY the same consistency, but without that addictive menthol smell. And I love that smell. :-( Much like Daniel-son, the cleaner merely wipes on - wipes off. It took a good bit of dirt off my seats, especially the drivers. Apparently I'm a filthy animal. :-? It left the seats cleaner (my rag was mildly nasty after I was done) but visually looking much the same. I would say maybe even maybe a bit duller.

The second of the step is the conditioner. (on the right)

This stuff is thinner than the first step, and reminds me of a thin hand lotion. It also smells pretty damn fine. :-) Light, but not overpowering or too flowery. It doesn't have that "fake leather" smell. Which I liked, the damn car already smells a good bit like leather, what with it being packed full of dead animal hides already. More "leather" scent is not required. :thumbsup:

So how did it work?

Check out the before and afters. :-) Check out my dog making a cameo, and mind the parkinsons.

Before

After

Despite being mildy sucky pictures (taking good pictures of the inside of your car is a beotch!) I was really pleased with results. The seats were noticeably darker, but not too shiny, the car smelled good, and the leather itself even feels a bit more supple.

Be mindful when applying the conditioner, if you get it on anything you don't want shiny and black you're screwed. So be careful around the door cards and try to avoid the plastic door panels themselves. Same goes for the shift boot and steering wheel areas. You can apparently go ass-wild with the cleaner however, get it on anything you like, it did nothing to the overall appearance of any surface I managed to get it in contact with.

So here you go.... the rundown. :thumbsup:

The Pros:
- It's cheap! Or possibly even free!
- The two-step process allows for one dedicated cleaner, and one dedicated conditioner.
- You get a crap-load when you buy it. I used MAYBE 2-3 ounces of each product during the process.
- Works very well, didn't make my car obnoxiously shiny!
- Smells nice, like hot underage cheerleaders!

The Cons:
- The two-step process means twice as much work.
- Have to be careful when applying the conditioner.
- Lacking that menthol smell that I love so much.
- The womans been wondering who I've had in my car.

Overall I give this product a 4 (out of a possible 5) "lets ride bikes"

:bikes: :bikes: :bikes: :bikes:

Tue May 16, 2006 9:31 am

New post 
Big kudos for another great write up... :thumbsup: I highly encourage everyone to try it. I probably won't be using this product as I get all the free leather conditioner & cleaner I need from the leather lazyboys we have! (Free is good) :mrgreen: That stuff works like a charm too! :thumbsup:

Tue May 16, 2006 10:22 am
Godless Heathen™

New post 
I need to get some stuff for my car, but I'm worried about getting something that will change the color of my leather too much. :eek:

I read about some stuff called Lexol? Not sure if that's spelled properly. I need go Google it.

Tue May 16, 2006 10:38 am
Profile WWW
Site Sponsor

New post 
Thanks for reminding me to add one more thing to my "to do" list. Nice write up and pics.

Tue May 16, 2006 10:51 am
Token Leghumper

New post 
hehehhehehehehehehehehehheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheh

huh huh.

huh.

hehheheheheheheheheh

Tue May 16, 2006 11:02 am
Godless Heathen™

New post 

Last edited by jeffrey on Fri Aug 11, 2006 12:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue May 16, 2006 11:11 am
Profile WWW

New post 
jeffrey wrote:
I need to get some stuff for my car, but I'm worried about getting something that will change the color of my leather too much. :eek:

I read about some stuff called Lexol? Not sure if that's spelled properly. I need go Google it.

Lexol is good stuff too. That's what I was using prior to the Lazyboy products. I was getting both the cleaner and the conditioner from the local shoe repair place I go to, but I remember once finding the conditioner at Wal Mart of all places.

Tue May 16, 2006 11:33 am
Godless Heathen™

New post 
Hrm.

I'll have to check for it.

I think the guy I buy my Zaino stuff from sells it too.

Tue May 16, 2006 11:46 am
Profile WWW
The Guru

New post 
I've got Leatherique coming in today, will put on tomorrow. Kinda expensive, but I hear it's badass.

Tue May 16, 2006 2:05 pm
Profile WWW
Resident Prick

New post 
I use BMW's stuff.

MkV R32 - Deep Blue - #1488
| Hardwired V1 | Pioneer AVIC Z120BT | Focal 165VR3 | Focal 165V30 | JL Audio 10W6v2 | JL Audio HD 900/5 | OEM Dash Cubby | TunerDomes LEDs | R Line Floor Mats | Bilstein PSS10 | H&R Rear Sway | C2 Power-Flash | EVOMS V-Flow Intake | Magnaflow Sport Exhaust | Adam's Rotors | 19" Work VS-XX |
DBC Tuning

Tue May 16, 2006 2:22 pm

New post 
Roberte wrote:
Big kudos for another great write up... :thumbsup: I highly encourage everyone to try it. I probably won't be using this product as I get all the free leather conditioner & cleaner I need from the leather lazyboys we have! (Free is good) :mrgreen: That stuff works like a charm too! :thumbsup:

recaro > lazyboys
i'm just sayin' :mrgreen:

Tue May 16, 2006 5:48 pm
The Guru

New post 
I feel like a dumbass, but why do the side of you're seats say air bags?

Tue May 16, 2006 9:01 pm
Profile WWW

New post 
Ya we had that 2 step stuff on sale at work for $.99 each bottle and so i bought a few of them and gave them away to family. Meg. also has another nice smelling one and leaves the leather prettynice is there Gold Class. If you are looking for some Lexol cleaner, there is some at Bandera and 410 and "The Leather Factory" Its behind Jims on one of the backstreets.

Tue May 16, 2006 9:37 pm

New post 

Last edited by simplyredvw on Thu Nov 09, 2006 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue May 16, 2006 10:04 pm
The Guru

New post 
I want to see a picture of one inflated. Still not keen on the concept.

*edit*

What I mean is are the airbags actually built into the seat. Or do they just do that to let you know the car has side airbags.

Tue May 16, 2006 11:56 pm
Profile WWW
Post Whore

New post 
I believe they are in the seats.

Keep up with important information.....Click here....

Wed May 17, 2006 12:24 am
Profile YIM WWW
SEA Supporter

New post 
I get my Lexol leather cleaner and conditioner at Pep Boys. I did like the Meguires rich leather foam. But the quick wipes dried my leather out must have some alcohol in it or something.

Wed May 17, 2006 12:28 am
Godless Heathen™

New post 
IanBMW wrote:

*edit*

What I mean is are the airbags actually built into the seat. Or do they just do that to let you know the car has side airbags.

It's in the sides of the seats.

It's a DOT law that all airbags in any car be clearly labeled where the airbag actually is. Not in it's general vicinity.

Wed May 17, 2006 1:05 am
Profile WWW

New post 
jeffrey wrote:

Thats why it usually says to do a test spot in an unseen area first and note any changes. You can come to autozone and buy all the brands from me and try them and whatever you dont like, bring them back!

Wed May 17, 2006 1:29 am
Token Leghumper

New post 
Get in the zone... AU-TO-ZONE!

Wed May 17, 2006 2:20 am
The Guru

New post 
BMWjiggaB wrote:
jeffrey wrote:

Thats why it usually says to do a test spot in an unseen area first and note any changes. You can come to autozone and buy all the brands from me and try them and whatever you dont like, bring them back!

Bad@ss, I want to try out some Castol Full Syntec for say 4000miles. :mrgreen:

Wed May 17, 2006 6:52 am
Profile WWW
Little McGyver

New post 
jeffrey wrote:
IanBMW wrote:

*edit*

It's a DOT law that all airbags in any car be clearly labeled where the airbag actually is. Not in it's general vicinity.

VW's come standard with roughly 26 airbags. :thumbsup:

Wed May 17, 2006 7:41 am

New post 
steffenme1 wrote:
jeffrey wrote:
IanBMW wrote:

*edit*

'Cause that's how many college kids you can stuff inside! :mrgreen:

Wed May 17, 2006 9:00 am
Token Leghumper

New post 
Roberte wrote:
steffenme1 wrote:
jeffrey wrote:
IanBMW wrote:

*edit*

'Cause that's how many college kids you can stuff inside! :mrgreen:

whew..... i thought you were going to the do the "jew in the ashtray" bit.... :eek:

Wed May 17, 2006 10:07 am

New post 

Last edited by simplyredvw on Thu Nov 09, 2006 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed May 17, 2006 10:14 am
Token Leghumper

New post 
:-|

Wed May 17, 2006 12:06 pm
Post Whore

New post 
I will be doing this today. I will take pics to show before and after.

Sat May 20, 2006 10:02 am
Profile YIM WWW
Post Whore

New post 
Alright it turned out pretty good. You can't tell too good in the pictures how well it actually looks but it is a lot better in person. Oh and your math was wrong Steffen, this is only enough to do about 96 cars or so if you are generous with the lube. :mrgreen:

On with the pics.....

Attachments:
File comment: This is before.
IMG_1967.JPG
IMG_1967.JPG [ 97.56 KiB | Viewed 7871 times ]
IMG_1971.JPG
IMG_1971.JPG [ 93.34 KiB | Viewed 7914 times ]
IMG_1969.JPG
IMG_1969.JPG [ 83.56 KiB | Viewed 7917 times ]

Last edited by SooprmanX on Sat May 20, 2006 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat May 20, 2006 12:13 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Post Whore

New post 
After pics....

Attachments:
File comment: This is after.
IMG_1976.JPG
IMG_1976.JPG [ 100.88 KiB | Viewed 7915 times ]
IMG_1974.JPG
IMG_1974.JPG [ 96.43 KiB | Viewed 7912 times ]
IMG_1972.JPG
IMG_1972.JPG [ 91.34 KiB | Viewed 7874 times ]

Sat May 20, 2006 12:14 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Little McGyver

New post 
SooprmanX wrote:
Oh and your math was wrong Steffen, this is only enough to do about 96 cars or so if you are generous with the lube. :mrgreen:

Nah, my seats are just newer. J/P :mrgreen:

Told you a little goes a long way. :thumbsup:

Sat May 20, 2006 12:39 pm
Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next