Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home1/strictly/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home1/strictly/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home1/strictly/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home1/strictly/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 991: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3778: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3779: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
Strictly European Autosport - View topic - E30 Rear Shock Mounts
It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:40 pm

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
E30 Rear Shock Mounts 

New post E30 Rear Shock Mounts
Heres a quick how to on replacing worn out rear shock mounts on your e30.
Tool Required:
17mm wrench, 13mm wrench, Small adjustable wrench, Flat head screwdriver:Image
First, remove the trunk lining. Now you can see the strut mount and top of the shock:Image
Remove the dust boot, you may need the screw driver pry it off:Image
Use the 17mm wrench on the shock nut and the adjustable wrench to hold the shock in place:Image
Now use the 13mm wrench to remove the two bolts holding the shock mount in place:Image
Once all nuts are removed you can depress the shock and pull out the old shock mount. If you shocks are bad like mine, they will fall out of the way for you. Here is a comparison of old and new shock mounts:Image
Place the new shock mount into position and let the shock hold it in place:Image
Now you just reverse steps 1 through 4. Tighten the two shock mount nuts with the 13mm wrench. Tighten the shock with the 17mm and hold the shock in place with the adjustable wrench. Note: Be sure you put the large washer on the way it came off. It should cup upwards. The installed rear shock mount should look like this:Image
Put the dust boot back into place and reinstall the trunk lining:Image
Your done!!! :thumbsup:

Sun Apr 22, 2007 6:48 pm

New post 
did you order new shocks yet? i have rear shocks i was gonna put in the track car but if you need them, you can use them till you get some konis or bilstein or something

2012 lightning phantom 2

Sun Apr 22, 2007 6:56 pm

New post 
superj wrote:
did you order new shocks yet? i have rear shocks i was gonna put in the track car but if you need them, you can use them till you get some konis or bilstein or something
Not yet, I was just gonna run these until I found a great deal. I cant do that, I dont want to wear out your shocks. These will do for now. :mrgreen:

Sun Apr 22, 2007 6:58 pm

New post 
mine were given to me for free because the driver's side on the track car was bad but if you need them, take them.

i'm not gonna drive the track car anymore. i was thinking of pulling the motor/tranny and putting them in the garage until a rainy day and making a bbq pit from the front of the car. unless someone needed a good chassis if hteirs got messed up

2012 lightning phantom 2

Sun Apr 22, 2007 7:05 pm

New post 
superj wrote:
mine were given to me for free because the driver's side on the track car was bad but if you need them, take them.

i'm not gonna drive the track car anymore. i was thinking of pulling the motor/tranny and putting them in the garage until a rainy day and making a bbq pit from the front of the car. unless someone needed a good chassis if hteirs got messed up
Well okay, If your not gonna use em. Ahhhh an e30 BBQ pit FTW. That would kick ass.

Sun Apr 22, 2007 9:27 pm

New post 
that woud kick ass.. pop the hood and you got room for grilling and a smoker .. that would be sick

Sun Apr 22, 2007 9:42 pm

New post 
plus, maybe make a trailer from the back end like that dude on e30tech did. he uses his to pull around his cherry picker and bigger stuff so he can ride the e30 all the time

2012 lightning phantom 2

Mon Apr 23, 2007 4:16 am

New post 
i want an e30 bbq pit.

Mon Apr 23, 2007 6:17 am
Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ]